Society/Culture Tucker Carlson - Fired from Fox. Sacked. Terminated. Given the heave-ho.

That is a forecast that encompasses a degree of uncertainty. It's not presented as a fact.

You're deeply unsophisticated in the way you process information, aren't you?

It's like you want everything to be as dumb possible so it's easier for you to understand.

Basic Bruce.
Meteorologists claim a high degree of prophesy and certainty, so that if their modelling (there's that word again) does come true (almost never, unless the whole country can already see it for themselves) they can't be blamed for not "warning" people. The words "catastrophic" and "rain bomb" are recent additions to their alarmist vocabulary. The BoM aren't known as the Bureau of Maybeology for nothing.

Dec 20, 2014
Hong Kong
AFL Club
West Coast
Meteorologists claim a high degree of prophesy and certainty, so that if their modelling (there's that word again) does come true (almost never, unless the whole country can already see it for themselves) they can't be blamed for not "warning" people. The words "catastrophic" and "rain bomb" are recent additions to their alarmist vocabulary. The BoM aren't known as the Bureau of Maybeology for nothing.
It's still a weather forecast. It's not a fact.

I'm not sure what point you think you're making?

A forecast is a forecast. You know what that word means, right? And yeah, Covid models or forecasts might well inform policy. What's your point?
If modelling is so frequently just guesswork should we always trust it?

Dec 20, 2014
Hong Kong
AFL Club
West Coast
If modelling is so frequently just guesswork should we always trust it?
Who says it's "just guesswork"? Do you really think you understand the methodology sufficiently to conclude that?

Why pretend you have the expertise to dismiss folks who do in fact have some expertise? Is it just some fashionable bullshit that allows you to ignore people who know more than you?

Who says it's "just guesswork"? Do you really think you understand the methodology sufficiently to conclude that?

Why pretend you have the expertise to dismiss folks who do in fact have some expertise? Is it just some fashionable bullshit that allows you to ignore people who know more than you?
I don’t know more but can’t help observations. Do you agree that modelling generally points to the most “extreme” outcomes, extreme in the sense that if their forecasts fall short, a) modellers are blamed for not getting it right; or b) everyone is relieved that things aren’t as bad as they expected?

Dec 20, 2014
Hong Kong
AFL Club
West Coast
I don’t know more but can’t help observations.
WTF does that mean?

Do you agree that modelling generally points to the most “extreme” outcomes, extreme in the sense that if their forecasts fall short, a) modellers are blamed for not getting it right; or b) everyone is relieved that things aren’t as bad as they expected?
These are sweeping generalisations, so no I don't agree without specific examples.

WTF does that mean?

These are sweeping generalisations, so no I don't agree without specific examples.
I see toilets at golf clubs barred for a couple of days then unbarred, for a start. Where does modelling come in there? See, it's the illogicality of some rules that casts doubt over others. Most of these health directions come from CHOs who have studied the modelling and decided on certain measures, to try to control or prevent spread, I get that. I also realise blanket rules, stupid or not (like wearing masks alone outdoors), are for psychological purposes and ease of control. They don't want people finding loopholes or excuses not to comply, as far as possible. Then the pollies weigh in when they see the "directions" have maybe gone too far. That's just how it looks to me.

Dec 20, 2014
Hong Kong
AFL Club
West Coast
I see toilets at golf clubs barred for a couple of days then unbarred, for a start. Where does modelling come in there? See, it's the illogicality of some rules that casts doubt over others. Most of these health directions come from CHOs who have studied the modelling and decided on certain measures, to try to control or prevent spread, I get that. I also realise blanket rules, stupid or not (like wearing masks alone outdoors), are for psychological purposes and ease of control. They don't want people finding loopholes or excuses not to comply, as far as possible. Then the pollies weigh in when they see the "directions" have maybe gone too far. That's just how it looks to me.
And this is why we shouldn't trust science?

Sep 17, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond

Just sitting there watching toilets again?

it's the illogicality of some rules that casts doubt over others
Illogical to you. And if your expectation is that every rule has a cast iron guarantee that it’s effective then you’re going to be confused about it. Some precautions are just based on possibilities and a conservative approach. Some places may be overzealous. Some may be slack. The evidence may not be 100%, but the possible ramifications of ignoring the evidence may be huge.

Is there any profession that you don’t dismiss as duplicitous scumbags. Or does it depend if they agree with thee.
The Catholic clergy.

If you are standing by a road and can see right in front of you a red motor vehicle, do you believe the scientist who tells you there is no red motor vehicle right before you?
The scientist would say the vehicle is red, so I have no idea what you are on about (not for the first time).

That's a concerning admission.

Sums this panty waste up perfectly.

20211021_070903.jpg

Mate you can slice it and dice it any which way you like.

Ive never seen Tucker Carlson advocating segregation. You advocate for segregation on a daily basis.
Dude. Wake up.

During a segment on the September 22 episode of his show, while criticizing President Joe Biden's handling of the US southern border, Carlson said Biden was trying to "change the racial mix of the country" and "reduce the political power of the people whose ancestors lived here and dramatically increase the population of Americans newly arrived from the third world," echoing the fundamentals of the conspiracy theory.

"This policy is called the great replacement," he continued. "The replacement of legacy Americans with more obedient people from faraway countries."

Jan 13, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Dude. Wake up.

During a segment on the September 22 episode of his show, while criticizing President Joe Biden's handling of the US southern border, Carlson said Biden was trying to "change the racial mix of the country" and "reduce the political power of the people whose ancestors lived here and dramatically increase the population of Americans newly arrived from the third world," echoing the fundamentals of the conspiracy theory.

"This policy is called the great replacement," he continued. "The replacement of legacy Americans with more obedient people from faraway countries."

Every act and policy of the Biden Administration points to exactly that. Or at least has that as an outcome.

Now there's an argument to be had about whether that is a good or a bad thing. But it's undeniable that it's a thing. Tucker thinks it's bad. Others think it's good.

But that isn't the point. The biggest voice for segregation and authoritarianism on this forum, or at least the most repetitive, is the one calling everyone who disagrees with him Nazis.

No. And I’m not sure why you’d gaslight like that.
That's not gaslighting.

I'm pointing out that you are now parroting KKK lines. Just like Carlson.

Is calling it gaslighting just your way of dealing with the cognitive dissonance? You can't possibly be parroting literal KKK arguments, so it's got to be me acting in bad faith?

Back