Mega Thread General MFC Discussion Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, my XL grey 2021 premiers polo shirt came in the mail today and it's too big for me. If anyone is keen for one that size, let me know and I'll knock a bit of the price. At the same time, I'm on the look out for a Medium.

Don't disagree the messaging has been poor but we are headed for one of the highest vaccination rates worldwide, so either way the population seems to be pretty compliant.
Compliant by choice or compliant by force?

Not being able to work without getting the jab would be a big reason for this

I do find it funny that people are so eager to be on the side of people not advocating for vaccination, which is an undeniable social good. Every roadblock that’s put up to people getting vaccinated is a huge detriment to society. Getting vaccinated is possibly the easiest thing you can do to contribute to progress across all aspects of human civilisation.

I do find it funny that people are so eager to be on the side of people not advocating for vaccination, which is an undeniable social good. Every roadblock that’s put up to people getting vaccinated is a huge detriment to society. Getting vaccinated is possibly the easiest thing you can do to contribute to progress across all aspects of human civilisation.

I’ve never heard a single poster on these boards have anything remotely redeemable to say about a politician and/or the government. And yet, everyone is ready to just let them mandate what people put into their bodies? Leave it up to the inept, corrupt campaigners? Not for me mate.

I completely support businesses/entities who choose to mandate the vaccine as a condition of employment. That’s completely different than a government mandating it for the entire populace in my opinion. One leaves people with a choice, while the other does not.

I got my first shot on December 20th mate. I mention that only as a way of showing where I personally stand on the issue.

I'll go ahead and be that guy. Can we start a covid thread and move all covid related stuff in there?
This is not aimed at anyone in particular and before anyone says "screw you, you cant tell me what to post where" you're 100% correct.
However, seeing covid posts intertwined in unrelated threads starts to grind on people, I'm sure I'm not alone in feeling this way.
I understand it permeates all of society now but it would be nice to get a break from it on a footy board.
Have at it.

This came up in my youtube feed. The game when I genuinely started to believe in the rebuild.

We had an earlier game against them that year where we looked good but couldn't get it done in the last quarter, I had a feeling this would go the same but the way we kicked away in the end was great. I remember my dad pat me on the back. Didn't say anything but kind of felt like a pat of belief. This team is heading in the right direction. I remember hawthorn supporters (I guess they had the right to) were arrogant about the game. Hawthorn always lose these type of games late in the season (which was always Richmond) before coming good for finals. In reality it was probably the beginning of the end for hawthorn, they still made top four but went out in straight sets. Could be a part of the reasoning why Jordan Lewis came to the club saw the potential in the team.

Easton Wood retires.

We almost need an ultra reverse Kingsley- the Easton Wood thread of players we beat so badly that they never recovered.

!!!!BREAKING NEWS!!!!

A new cheese board has been put up on the shop! https://shop.melbournefc.com.au/melbourne-demons-premiers-alex-liddy-acacia-picnic-table-40cm/

PCP-1032054__07693.1634618022.jpg

We had an earlier game against them that year where we looked good but couldn't get it done in the last quarter, I had a feeling this would go the same but the way we kicked away in the end was great. I remember my dad pat me on the back. Didn't say anything but kind of felt like a pat of belief. This team is heading in the right direction. I remember hawthorn supporters (I guess they had the right to) were arrogant about the game. Hawthorn always lose these type of games late in the season (which was always Richmond) before coming good for finals. In reality it was probably the beginning of the end for hawthorn, they still made top four but went out in straight sets. Could be a part of the reasoning why Jordan Lewis came to the club saw the potential in the team.
The Roos years definitely steadied the ship and the back end of 2016 (sans the implosion against Carlton and then Geelong at Kardinia) was the culmination of three years hard work.

We’d gone from a horrific 2-20 54% side to 10-12 and 97% in three seasons. We still lacked maturity and struggled to close some games/seasons out but we were a solid side that could cause any opposition headaches on our day.

There were some solid wins in 2016 but that Hawthorn game was a bit of a watershed moment alongside our win against Geelong at KP in 2015. It showed that we had some good talent and could play solid football. Roos laid a really good foundation for the club to launch from post 2016.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I went out and bought a premiers cap earlier today - one of these https://www.theaflstore.com.au/products/21-prem-mens-p1-cap

Didn't think to try it on at the time, assuming it would fit just fine. Got home and put it on, and realised it must've been designed by someone who thought that as Melbourne supporters we must all be Liberal voters in the mould of those mocked in the Betoota Advocate (if you have NFI what I'm talking about, an example being https://www.betootaadvocate.com/adv...ving-an-accountant-decide-our-climate-policy/) and manufactured a cap to suit.

Needless to say I'm hoping I can take it back and exchange for a shirt or something...

I bought 4 of them. 1 for me + 3 for the kids. They're awful.

The Roos years definitely steadied the ship and the back end of 2016 (sans the implosion against Carlton and then Geelong at Kardinia) was the culmination of three years hard work.

We’d gone from a horrific 2-20 54% side to 10-12 and 97% in three seasons. We still lacked maturity and struggled to close some games/seasons out but we were a solid side that could cause any opposition headaches on our day.

There were some solid wins in 2016 but that Hawthorn game was a bit of a watershed moment alongside our win against Geelong at KP in 2015. It showed that we had some good talent and could play solid football. Roos laid a really good foundation for the club to launch from post 2016.

2014 vs Adelaide = we are back to AFL standard.
2015 vs Geelong = we are competitive
2016 vs hawthorn = we are actually heading in the right direction unlike the false dawn in 2010 (the dees are going to be something)

Potentially stupid question here.

What is the significance of the ski goggles in GF celebrations?

Is it just for the spraying of champagne everywhere?

I saw the Storm all had them last year.

Potentially stupid question here.

What is the significance of the ski goggles in GF celebrations?

Is it just for the spraying of champagne everywhere?

I saw the Storm all had them last year.

Craig Jennings explained it at 17:00 mark

Coaches bought players ski goggles in 2018 to be used for when we won a flag, apparently comes from NBA to protect eyes from champagne.

Craig Jennings explained it at 17:00 mark

Coaches bought players ski goggles in 2018 to be used for when we won a flag, apparently comes from NBA to protect eyes from champagne.

Yeah right cheers

In hindsight that 2015 win against Geelong was a funny one, given they didn’t actually make finals that year. Important to break their stranglehold over us but it’s their worst year since 2006. Took us until 2018 when we beat them again in our third attempt, but again they finished 8th that year, which is their second worst finish since 2006. This is the first year in a long time that we’ve beaten them in which they’ve been a really good side.

Comparably when we beat the Hawks in 2016 they were on top of the ladder. Similarly Adelaide in 2017.

In hindsight that 2015 win against Geelong was a funny one, given they didn’t actually make finals that year. Important to break their stranglehold over us but it’s their worst year since 2006. Took us until 2018 when we beat them again in our third attempt, but again they finished 8th that year, which is their second worst finish since 2006. This is the first year in a long time that we’ve beaten them in which they’ve been a really good side.

Comparably when we beat the Hawks in 2016 they were on top of the ladder. Similarly Adelaide in 2017.

2018 was a strange year. Geelong finished 8th with a higher percentage than we had this year and the second best percentage of any team that year.

2018 was a strange year. Geelong finished 8th with a higher percentage than we had this year and the second best percentage of any team that year.
That was in large part due to their percentage going from 117 to 132 over the last two rounds. Played a dead Fremantle and GCS at KP in R22 and R23.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back