EPL Matchday 9 - On Optus Sport

Remove this Banner Ad

At least Scholes consoled himself when he got home by waking up his daughter to get to work on her feet.

1080066.jpg

Oh ffs.

The best defence in the league conceded more goals in a half of football than Chelsea have all season :shoutyoldman:
Who was it that said Mendy is only on par with De Gea a week or 2 ago? Was it the same guy that said Chelsea have massive holes in their defence in pre-season?

De Gea then proceeds to let in 9 goals in the next 2 league games. All they were missing was 1 CB that was in the team that lost to Young Boys.

Mendy then keeps a cleansheet with Rudiger, Silva and James all out and wins MOTM with a super-human performance. Still only let in 1 goal from open play in the league.

Probably a combination of clever attacking play and brainless defending but the amount of space we were able to create down the right for Arnold/Keita/Salah to exploit was mind blowing.

What is United's defensive plan anyway? Is it to sit deep and counter? Do they press? They seemed to dabble in half arsing a bit of everything with no clear strategic approach to containing us.

Last edited:

Actually I do have a few words.

The sheer impudence of us to pass it around for a good 30 minutes in second gear at their own ground in front of their own fans. Just messing about with completely inferior opponents because we've torn them apart in just under an hour and now just need to get the last 30 minutes out of the way so we can go home and have a nice cup of tea is ******* class.

fu** off United.

:D
Would have preferred to see the foot being put down in the search for more goals. One red card, another 5 or so on yellows. Time to ramp it up, United risk more reds with challenges so will be tentative.

Missed the chance to get a 7 or 8 goal win.

As he's led England to a WC SF and a Europa final, I'd say yes, mate. He's in an awful system which exposes him over and over again.

I think he had a pretty good Euro tournament myself which I think tends to back up your statement.

Will be a much better player under Conte or Zidane imo

Will be a much better player under Conte or Zidane imo
Christensen and Rudiger have improved a fair bit under Tuchel. Although easier at Chelsea with excellent DMs whereas that position is a real weakness at ManU

Christensen and Rudiger have improved a fair bit under Tuchel. Although easier at Chelsea with excellent DMs whereas that position is a real weakness at ManU
Christensen has pretty much always been good in a back 3. Falls away badly in a back 4 though perhaps he's improved since those days.

Do people think Rudiger has benefited from having someone who can communicate with him in German too? Not saying his understanding of English is poor, but surely having someone who speaks the same tongue as you would be beneficial too?

Think that's more beneficial if it's a partner on the field, like a CB partner, rather than a manager..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He looks completely lost right now. So does Shaw. There is no system
Shaw has been horrible but McGuire been next level bad.

He looks like some lost League One defender completely shell shocked he is playing against Premier League attackers.

Then when the ball comes his way my ******* goodness.

Not a captains a-hole.

Having watched the game and the Owen and Scholes post game, it got me thinking, is there anyway other than playing with less players that Ole could have given TAA and Salah and Keita more space down the left?

Ole's post game is hilarious, he doesn't even know what happened, this is a direct quote :drunk:

"we've created openings, they've had chances, they've been clinical, we didn't take our chances"

Seriously WTF

Largest wage bill in Europe, Ronaldo on half a million pounds a week.

Can't help but question the logic of not throwing similar money at one of the best managers in the world to lead them all.

Priorities.

Shaw has been horrible but McGuire been next level bad.

He looks like some lost League One defender completely shell shocked he is playing against Premier League attackers.

Then when the ball comes his way my ******* goodness.

Not a captains a-hole.

They've struggled, but the issues are further up the ground for mine. The defenders are the ones being exposed when the lazy campaigners up the ground don't do their job.

Can't help but question the logic of not throwing similar money at one of the best managers in the world to lead them all.

Priorities.

Getting Ronaldo has sunk their hopes this season more than Ole has IMO. They were looking ok the first few games of the season. The structure of the side has regressed aggressively.

Priorities.

Not really anyone available besides Conte and Zidane.
It completely made sense for United to go into this season with Ole after good signs last season and the addition of Sancho, Ronaldo and Varane. But reality hits hard and fast. Ole is a Glazer yes man so they'll stick with him until the club starts to lose money or top four is gone.

Or they'll completely shock me and he'll be sacked in the next few hours.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back