Recruiting James Hird Academy (Father/Son and Next Generation)

Remove this Banner Ad

Sounds like his development hasn't been done any favours.

Admittedly, I'm assuming inside craft is in the blood, but at 193cm and with average athleticism, at best, the only real spot to make it is an inside mid.

I don't think there is any rush to get him on the list. He sounds like someone who could do with an overage year or to be drafted into our VFL system.
Defence, midfield and key position sounds like Francis or Laverde (similar height and positional references as a potential mid when drafted, not commenting on style of player specifically). Be interesting to know whether he has the 360º footy brain for midfield or if he'll end up playing in positions we already have a log jam in...

Admittedly, I'm assuming inside craft is in the blood, but at 193cm and with average athleticism, at best, the only real spot to make it is an inside mid.

I don't think there is any rush to get him on the list. He sounds like someone who could do with an overage year or to be drafted into our VFL system.

A younger bigger version of Aaron Heppell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Holy cow. I never thought in a million years think that I would be going head first into anything remotely related to what has just transpired.

Why even go there?
Is the second image meant to create some kind of Shakespearean ambiguity behind which you can veil your f****** racism?
Or is it just clumsy?

Like others have mentioned, my post was intended to be a quick tongue-in-cheek joke about them being mythical - playing off the notion that they haven't been exposed to us as we would have liked. It was never meant to be taken seriously. In doing this, I thought of the two quickest mythical legends that I could think of which had a history of being vaguely "sighted" and these happened to be Bigfoot and the Loch Ness. Bigfoot just happens to be the most immediate example that comes to my mind (apart from the Loch Ness and UFO's). This is because it is so recognisable. Hence why the name of this very website seems to have caught onto the same recognisability as a play on words (Bigfoot + Footy). It is basically the poster-child in many cultures as a figure of lore and mystery in regards to existence.

Upon doing this, the race or ancestry of these boys had never crossed my mind in the slightest. Ever. I will also point out, upon now remembering, that I have used the same example of Bigfoot and it's mythical aspect when referring to people of other ancestries, namely Nik Cox, as an alternative to "unicorn", with that being shown here:

e5465.png

With that I will say, while I understand the way you might have took it, being so quick to run with a narrative can be detrimental to someone's character in regards to things that should be afforded some benefit of the doubt. There is not many things in this life that I hold dear to my heart more than my character, dignity and reputation. And being accused of racism is on par with some of the most vile things we can be accused of. To be seen as such is a very high price to pay, and I will attribute that to nothing more than the immense progress we have made as a world. The fact that I take (as many would) being accused of such a thing seriously is a testament to the amount of weight and detrimental affect it has in our world today in regards to someone's character - which can only be as effective if the majority feels the same way.

I am proud to say though that the overwhelming majority of the world is not discriminatory or ill-willed. This is illustrated by the seriousness we take true evidence-based moments of racism - how we view such people in the aftermath of it (stemming from how stigmatising it is on a broader scale) - and the general praise that we see being given to more and more people regardless of race/ethnicity in regards to what they contribute (be it in music, government, sport, science, ect). And that the majority of the world is more class-based with people just trying get by in difficult times. Thus, if we can all be a little more cooperative, see things from each other's perspective in regards to what has the most likelihood in being true, and put trust as a higher priority over suspicion - then we could all feel more part of a team, like the one we follow, rather than being on edge whenever we are around each other.

Oh, and by the way. When it comes to actually calling out someone for inappropriate remarks after viewing an explicit incident of it, with no other conclusion that could be drawn about it - I agree with that. I think it's something we should all do. But I also think that should be reserved for when actual accusations have 100% merit first. And with that, I end with something else that I remember,

rfeg.png

And now for the thread to go back on topic. :)

CMC, public enemy number 1 (;)), signing out. Have a good day.

Last edited:

So on Josh Misiti (and or the other father sons), should he/they not get bid on this draft and go into next years draft do we we still get a chance to match the bid? And is that determined on where they play their footy next year. ie NAB league as a 19yo versus on say the Essendon VFL list

So on Josh Misiti (and or the other father sons), should he/they not get bid on this draft and go into next years draft do we we still get a chance to match the bid? And is that determined on where they play their footy next year. ie NAB league as a 19yo versus on say the Essendon VFL list
Yep. We have the rights to them until they're in the system

That's actually terrifying
43.jpg

TheGrizz, I'll happily resolve this privately so the thread isn't further derailed. Given CMC's post is staying, though, and noting the quote below from Lore, I think it's only fair that I be allowed to apologise for casting unfair aspersions on his/her character.

CMC has admitted it was a mistake.

My mistake was loading my question with accusation, which was unfair, and for which I am sorry.
Yeah no.

Have the discussion if you have to but keep the name-calling and playing the man stuff out of it.

CMC has admitted it was a mistake.

My mistake was loading my question with accusation, which was unfair, and for which I am sorry.

Thanks for that mate. That's pure class from you, and I appreciate it. No love lost! And I look forward to a lot of banter and future discussions about the team. I will pay more attention to the wording/structure of my posts and if there's any issues I know you and others will hit me up fairly or privately. :thumbsu: :)

How good are the Bombers going, how good are the kids,

And how s**t is Carlton?!

Thanks for that mate. That's pure class from you, and I appreciate it. No love lost! And I look forward to a lot of banter and future discussions about the team. I will pay more attention to the wording/structure of my posts and if there's any issues I know you and others will hit me up fairly or privately. :thumbsu: :)

How good are the Bombers going, how good are the kids,

And how sh*t is Carlton?!
We're good, CMC. I'll watch my smart-mouth and think first before I move.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dare I say he sounds like a young Jobe Watson?

Dare you not.

Jobe dominated on the inside as a kid. He was just pudgy and unfit.

It seems to me Misiti isn't really a player yet. He's a big kid, a real brute given that he seemed the same size as Hurley, and he looks fit but has been shuffled all over the ground to no real effect.

Dare you not.

Jobe dominated on the inside as a kid. He was just pudgy and unfit.

It seems to me Misiti isn't really a player yet. He's a big kid, a real brute given that he seemed the same size as Hurley, and he looks fit but has been shuffled all over the ground to no real effect.
Yeah I haven't seen him, which is why I dared. Sounds like he needs a coach to settle him into a position and get some consistency. Is that as an inside mid?

Josh is a great kid who is a million miles off it
not a natural midfielder- lacks ball winning ability and very slow
lack of athleticism hinders his defensive and forward craft
daniel Thompson is a like player- good EDFL footballer ok vfl footballer
luca alessio and matthew foley are much better chances

Josh is a great kid who is a million miles off it
not a natural midfielder- lacks ball winning ability and very slow
lack of athleticism hinders his defensive and forward craft
daniel Thompson is a like player- good EDFL footballer ok vfl footballer
luca alessio and matthew foley are much better chances

What have you heard / seen on Josh Eyre’s you her brother Ryan ?

Apparently a much better prospect, a medium sized midfielder if I recall. Eligible for the 2022 if not definitely the 2023 draft.

I know I am biased towards a particular community in Australia and love to see them represent the bombers.
Walla mentoring Tex, this fella above, the Wangannen-Millera and the Davey twins!! 190cm forward/mid ... with that blistering turn .. oh my .. I'm in love! As Perkins moves onto the ball we might have a handy replacement of Stringer!!

What have you heard / seen on Josh Eyre’s you her brother Ryan ?

Apparently a much better prospect, a medium sized midfielder if I recall. Eligible for the 2022 if not definitely the 2023 draft.

Ryan like josh has had his fair share of injuries
his body is beginning to develop too
i think he will end up key position size
good skills and a prospect but he is no joe Daniher at the same age

Remove this Banner Ad

Back