EPL Matchday 9 - On Optus Sport

Remove this Banner Ad

Not really anyone available besides Conte and Zidane.
It completely made sense for United to go into this season with Ole after good signs last season and the addition of Sancho, Ronaldo and Varane. But reality hits hard and fast. Ole is a Glazer yes man so they'll stick with him until the club starts to lose money or top four is gone.

Or they'll completely shock me and he'll be sacked in the next few hours.

Feels exactly like the situation at Hull. When the manager is a yes man for the owners and he's not costing them significant money, they won't make a move. Then again, as you say, a 5-0 loss to Liverpool could be the thing that shocks them into action. International break in a fortnight could be the time..

Feels exactly like the situation at Hull. When the manager is a yes man for the owners and he's not costing them significant money, they won't make a move. Then again, as you say, a 5-0 loss to Liverpool could be the thing that shocks them into action. International break in a fortnight could be the time..

I think they need to do it sooner than that, Spurs, Atalanta and City to come, going by current efforts that is three losses.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
I think they need to do it sooner than that, Spurs, Atalanta and City to come, going by current efforts that is three losses.

Going to play the (red) devils advocate here but wouldn't it be better off bringing in a new manager in after getting the run of tough fixtures out of the way? Last thing you want is a new guy to be under pressure and they may well find it difficult to turn the side around with 3 tough fixtures first up. Whereas Ole will be fighting for his life.

Bin him off at the international break unless he somehow wins 4-0 in all 3 fixtures.

Going to play the (red) devils advocate here but wouldn't it be better off bringing in a new manager in after getting the run of tough fixtures out of the way? Last thing you want is a new guy to be under pressure and they may well find it difficult to turn the side around with 3 tough fixtures first up. Whereas Ole will be fighting for his life.

Bin him off at the international break unless he somehow wins 4-0 in all 3 fixtures.

The writing is on the wall, may as well get it over and done with. He is already fighting for his life due to the poor start to the season and the loss to the Foxes. Atalanta papered over the very large cracks but not by much, it's done, he is a dead man walking.

Sep 18, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Man United, San Antonio Spurs
Having watched the game and the Owen and Scholes post game, it got me thinking, is there anyway other than playing with less players that Ole could have given TAA and Salah and Keita more space down the left?

Ole's post game is hilarious, he doesn't even know what happened, this is a direct quote :drunk:

"we've created openings, they've had chances, they've been clinical, we didn't take our chances"

Seriously WTF

When under immense pressure you say stupid things and arent thinking clearly.

Largest wage bill in Europe, Ronaldo on half a million pounds a week.

Can't help but question the logic of not throwing similar money at one of the best managers in the world to lead them all.

Priorities.
Not really anyone available besides Conte and Zidane.
It completely made sense for United to go into this season with Ole after good signs last season and the addition of Sancho, Ronaldo and Varane. But reality hits hard and fast. Ole is a Glazer yes man so they'll stick with him until the club starts to lose money or top four is gone.

Or they'll completely shock me and he'll be sacked in the next few hours.

1635143468787.png

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
The writing is on the wall, may as well get it over and done with. He is already fighting for his life due to the poor start to the season and the loss to the Foxes. Atalanta papered over the very large cracks but not by much, it's done, he is a dead man walking.

Chelsea and their vast improvement and success since they replaced Fat Frank with Tuchel is more than reason enough why United need to sack/replace Ole ASAP.

You never know with the Glazers though, sometimes it seems like they are far more concerned about the success of the NFL Team they own (Tampa Bay Buccaneers) than Man United.

Hard to see United ever becoming on field global powerhouse until the Glazers move on as well as Ole.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oct 8, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
They've struggled, but the issues are further up the ground for mine. The defenders are the ones being exposed when the lazy campaigners up the ground don't do their job.
I don’t disagree that there are some problems further up but McGuire and Shaw in particular have made absurd mistakes.

Shaw makes runs and seems to forget he is responsible for defending the left side when the opposition gets the ball.

McGuire has made catastrophic errors with the ball at his feet in consecutive games now, along with being slow as an elephant and completely switching off in the box. Completely inexcusable for someone so expensive and captain of the club.

Seems like a lot want to pot Ronaldo, Greenwood etc but it’s not their job to press constantly. If the club wants to play these guys then they have to play another way. Not every team needs to play like Liverpool or City.

Instead they’ve been left without a commanding presence in midfield and tactics that are not getting the best out of anyone. If they want to play Ronaldo then they need to create chances and be a real attacking force. I’ve seen nothing to indicate this guy isn’t capable of a Van Persie like season. But the club is failing dismally creating chances and making all sorts of errors in midfield and defence.

Oct 8, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
Serious Moyes vibes about this season and Ole.

Couldn’t actually tell you what this teams strengths are. They don’t use their attacking options well. The midfield is a shambles controlling things and the defence is a horror show.

It takes individual brilliance from Ronaldo, Fernandes or De Gea to even keep them in games it seems.

The way he seemingly let outside influences have an impact on how he played tactically in a big game against Liverpool was Moyes like. Randomly decides to have guys start pressing who don’t normally and it falls apart. It didn’t make any sense and Liverpool had the game done in minutes thanks to laughable half arsed pressing.

Reminds me of Moyes with his inferior mentality crap against Liverpool a few years back.

United sure knows how to pick managers these days.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Starting to ROFL seeing comments about being a 'long suffering MUFC' supporter on social media, especially on Facebook.

You have not truly suffered as a football supporter until you have seen your club relegated, at least once (for example)

I hate the Glazers and everything their corporate business interests stand for, but as long as they own #MUFC, the Red Pygmies will never been a significant force in world, let alone English football.

Suffer, suffer in your jocks Man Ure fans, how I longed for the day I could see your club in such state of free-fall hubris.

Absolutely thrilled at the state of things at The Theatre of Dreams

Remove this Banner Ad

Back