We have Voss, now we have the Assistants...

Remove this Banner Ad

Voss wasn't in the preferred top 3, but that doesn't mean he is of lesser quality

Clarko, Lyon, Scott were sounded out heavily, as were a number of other candidates
Yes, they wanted them to put their hats in the ring. They wanted to produce as comprehensive process as possible. I still think even if they did place their hat in the ring, Voss would have still got it.

People like Lyon would have been embarrassed had he not got the job and pulled out beforehand to avoid any blushes.

This of course excludes Clarkson. We weren't going to hound Clarkson to put him through a process. If Clarkson had said yes, process shut, he gets the job. He was the only one that had the job guaranteed.

I recently got a private message from a good Geelong supporting mate of mine on Facebook who has known and been friends Aaron Greaves since Kindergarten and is constantly doing courses at many established and learned institutions (including Harvard) in a quest to better his knowledge and mentoring.

I rate the opinion's of my friend very highly, she is a very intelligent person and one who is a very sharp judge of character.

Doing some quick research on him and apparently he works very well with young players too

We have assumed such a great coaching panel, with a big emphasis (finally) on young player development.

Club is in great nick heading into season 2022 !!!

I recently got a private message from a good Geelong supporting mate of mine on Facebook who has known and been friends Aaron Greaves since Kindergarten and is constantly doing courses at many established and learned institutions (including Harvard) in a quest to better his knowledge and mentoring.

I rate the opinion's of my friend very highly, she is a very intelligent person and one who is a very sharp judge of character.

Doing some quick research on him and apparently he works very well with young players too

We have assumed such a great coaching panel, with a big emphasis (finally) on young player development.

Club is in great nick heading into season 2022 !!!
Hey Elmer,

Weren't you nearly catatonic about Voss being appointed?

Hey Elmer,

Weren't you nearly catatonic about Voss being appointed?

Not really, I had reservations initially, but had come around and realised he is a great and ideal appointment for this footy club.

Not really, I had reservations initially, but had come around and realised he is a great and ideal appointment for this footy club.
'Under no circumstances should we appoint Voss, he is actually the worst of all supposed remaining candidates.

Aside from The fact I think he is a bad coach, he also doesn't come across as a real pleasant bloke'

We can and must do better than Voss surely?'

That doesnt sound like a reservation...

'Under no circumstances should we appoint Voss, he is actually the worst of all supposed remaining candidates.

Aside from The fact I think he is a bad coach, he also doesn't come across as a real pleasant bloke'

A person is allowed to change their mind aren't they ?

I will take ownership of those comments and admit I posted them, if you are looking to get into a shitfight or claim points on something I posted months ago, I am not your person.

I can be self-righteous and sanctimonious at times, but also very glad up to my own Blues (in a manner of speaking)

Couldn't be more happy or confident with Vossy as coach now, don't care if i seem like a hypocrite or whatever in hindsight.

I am absolutely delighted and positive thinking with our new coach and assistants and player recruits going forwards into 2022.

The club morale (or so it seems to me) has never been more positive or upbeat in years .

I will take ownership of those comments and admit I posted them, if you are looking to get into a shitfight or claim points on something I posted months ago, I am not your person.

I can be self-righteous and sanctimonious at times, but also very glad up to my own Blues (in a manner of speaking)

Couldn't be more happy or confident with Vossy as coach now, don't care if i seem like a hypocrite or whatever in hindsight.

I am absolutely delighted and positive thinking with our new coach and assistants and player recruits going forwards into 2022.

The club morale (or so it seems to me) has never been more positive or upbeat in years .
Yes a person is allowed to change their mind. I was posting that in reference to the question that was asked of you not because I care for it. I remembered the post you made about Voss because it stuck out to me as I was similarly underwhelmed by the thought of his selection however, after seeing the collective coaching panel and changes at clubland I am too very happy with the changes that have been made this off season and believe he will be a good fit for the group.

I just posted it to try to jog ur memory to perhaps shed some light on ur initial thoughts as to why you werent a fan which was the base for the initial question Bigfrizz asked you.

Yes a person is allowed to change their mind. I was posting that in reference to the question that was asked of you not because I care for it. I remembered the post you made about Voss because it stuck out to me as I was similarly underwhelmed by the thought of his selection however, after seeing the collective coaching panel and changes at clubland I am too very happy with the changes that have been made this off season and believe he will be a good fit for the group.

I just posted it to try to jog ur memory to perhaps shed some light on ur initial thoughts as to why you werent a fan which was the base for the initial question Bigfrizz asked you.

Probably because I am probably too much of self-righteous and moral Ned Flanders type at times (which is annoying but i have to be honest)

I have read and listened to every Vossy member's I have gotten as a club member since he was appointment, his zest, sincerity and passion is obvious.

Also that infamous 1998 Footy Show clip about Parkin has always stuck in my mind (which Glenn Manton took offence too at the time)
Sometimes my brain remembers really obscure things for no reason lol.

I am an odd fellow I admit, but my heart has always beat True Blue and I haven't been so excited for an upcoming season since I was in my early 20s (now 41, 42 by the start of next season)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Top post Elmer. It is that sort of posting that restores the faith in humanity.

I wish I could live up to your good bloke standard. I typically nail my colours to the mast early and then stick to them through thick and thin.

Just have to avoid walshgoat and others like him. They have strong memories. Think Stamos does as well. I curse those guys with long memories. And anyone who knows our bloody main list, rookie, category a, b and vegemite lists. Damn them.

Aside from The fact I think he is a bad coach, he also doesn't come across as a real pleasant bloke'0

Don't you have better things to do W.I.T.G?
What is your purpose here? Elmer means well and hurts no-one. Please drop it.
Edit: I see you have. Cheers.

Yes, they wanted them to put their hats in the ring. They wanted to produce as comprehensive process as possible. I still think even if they did place their hat in the ring, Voss would have still got it.

People like Lyon would have been embarrassed had he not got the job and pulled out beforehand to avoid any blushes.

This of course excludes Clarkson. We weren't going to hound Clarkson to put him through a process. If Clarkson had said yes, process shut, he gets the job. He was the only one that had the job guaranteed.
Why do you think this?

Just checking my posting history. Be right back.

Just a lesson in that, being completely black or white gives you no wriggle room, and when you’re basing a view on your own opinion without any background knowledge of the subject except something that happened 10 years ago then it’s probably best you stick to a form of grey or you will be made to look a fool most of the time

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back