Cookie

Club Legend
May 2, 2004
Right in front of you
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
CreweAlex,SF Giants,Detroit Lions
First three Eps are out and it has me captivated in a way I haven’t felt since watching the first episodes of Lost way back in 2005.

Hope it continues

Wasn't there a series called Invasion about 10 years ago? I think Kevin Bacon had the lead. I think it was filmed in Louisiana, and I think the series was cut after about 10 episodes. Can't find it on IMDB.

Cookie

Club Legend
May 2, 2004
Right in front of you
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
CreweAlex,SF Giants,Detroit Lions
Wasn't there a series called Invasion about 10 years ago? I think Kevin Bacon had the lead. I think it was filmed in Louisiana, and I think the series was cut after about 10 episodes. Can't find it on IMDB.

Found it.
Invasion, 2005-2006, 22 episodes, lasted one season out of 5 that were projected. Filmed in Florida/California. William Fichtner was the lead.
Not a too shabby show, now a fading memory.

Mar 7, 2009
On the Buses
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Melbourne Stars
Found it.
Invasion, 2005-2006, 22 episodes, lasted one season out of 5 that were projected. Filmed in Florida/California. William Fichtner was the lead.
Not a too shabby show, now a fading memory.
The show you're talking about was a take on Invasion of the Body Snatchers. This show we're talking about here is another take on Jules Verne's War of the Worlds. This is confirmed by the Director too, it's not just my opinion.

Mar 7, 2009
On the Buses
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Melbourne Stars
I can’t stand that coward of a husband

Or that bully kid.

I have to say the absence of Sam Neil's character in episodes 2-3 was frustrating. Is he dead? Is he alive? Will someone find him out there? They just dropped that story arc dead, potentially like the Sheriff.

Sep 26, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Or that bully kid.

I have to say the absence of Sam Neil's character in episodes 2-3 was frustrating. Is he dead? Is he alive? Will someone find him out there? They just dropped that story arc dead, potentially like the Sheriff.
Meh I had many bullies like that in my time in private school system , it’s what kids do they don’t have the life experience or empathy to see the impact of their actions

the husband however was willing to abandon his family when s**t has hit the fan ….he’s a true piece of s**t and no doubt he will get his redemption arc eventually that will come out of nowhere

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
Just read it cost $200 million to make

what the f….

I smell a tax fraud …no way in hell that this series would had cost that much

That’s a UK and Us Unit in the credits..not sure about the Desert unit.

I am thinking that some FX must be coming

Hopefully Sam Neill can bring some lighter shade because the characters are teetering on unlikeable

Show needs some light comic/dark humour relief

Sep 26, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
That’s a UK and Us Unit in the credits..not sure about the Desert unit.

I am thinking that some FX must be coming

Hopefully Sam Neill can bring some lighter shade because the characters are teetering on unlikeable

Show needs some light comic/dark humour relief
The issue with the show is that it has so many predictable tropes that you can see where they are going with it …I honestly don’t care for any of these characters I feel like I have already seen them all in one way or another and with the slowest burn I have seen on tv I’m unsure if I’ll stick with it .

but you’re right for $200 million there better be some impressive VFX on the way

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
I watched the first three episodes. The characters are cartoon cut outs - the school bully, the strong females, the pathetic husband. It shifts between nothing happening for long periods then moments of melodrama. There's been about 10 minutes worth watching in each episode so the FF button has been getting a workout. The only interesting story so far was with Sam Neill's character but he only appears in the credits for episode 1 so I assume he's gone without a proper explanation. The English kids seem to figure in the credits for the rest of the series so I'll be skipping Lord of the Flies with added Aliens.

Back