EPL Matchday 9 - On Optus Sport

Remove this Banner Ad

Starting to ROFL seeing comments about being a 'long suffering MUFC' supporter on social media, especially on Facebook.

You have not truly suffered as a football supporter until you have seen your club relegated, at least once (for example)

I hate the Glazers and everything their corporate business interests stand for, but as long as they own #MUFC, the Red Pygmies will never been a significant force in world, let alone English football.

Suffer, suffer in your jocks Man Ure fans, how I longed for the day I could see your club in such state of free-fall hubris.

Absolutely thrilled at the state of things at The Theatre of Dreams

You'll see multiple more Leeds relegation's before United even enter the bottom half.

Who was it that said Mendy is only on par with De Gea a week or 2 ago? Was it the same guy that said Chelsea have massive holes in their defence in pre-season?

De Gea then proceeds to let in 9 goals in the next 2 league games. All they were missing was 1 CB that was in the team that lost to Young Boys.

Mendy then keeps a cleansheet with Rudiger, Silva and James all out and wins MOTM with a super-human performance. Still only let in 1 goal from open play in the league.
He has a s**t pair of half backs in Lindelof and a 50% fit Maguire in defense** in front of him compared to mendy and as of late starting making wonderful saves, I know you don't watch our games.

Again I don't recall saying holes in their defense and what I said was that I thought Silva is better than Christensen and so far he has been this season which I haven't seen people talk about it. I also said I don't think they have any world class half backs, but I did say they have two of the top 5 cdms in the world and the best one in Kante that protect the defense, you put Kante and Jorginho in our midfield you think we conceding 9 goals? Please just stop.

As your team continues to do well this video gets more relevant for you.

He has a sh*t pair of half backs in Lindelof and a 50% fit Maguire in defense** in front of him compared to mendy and as of late starting making wonderful saves, I know you don't watch our games.

Again I don't recall saying holes in their defense and what I said was that I thought Silva is better than Christensen and so far he has been this season which I haven't seen people talk about it. I also said I don't think they have any world class half backs, but I did say they have two of the top 5 cdms in the world and the best one in Kante that protect the defense, you put Kante and Jorginho in our midfield you think we conceding 9 goals? Please just stop.

Christensen has been better than Silva this season.

He has a sh*t pair of half backs in Lindelof and a 50% fit Maguire in defense** in front of him compared to mendy and as of late starting making wonderful saves, I know you don't watch our games.

It was all downhill for Lampard after that meltdown.

You could replace DDG with Mendy as United keeper, and he’d be shipping in just as many as DDG is. Our system and the way we set up & play is horrendous, you then have Lindelof who is a back up CB at best, Maguire who is in career worst form along with Shaw, and AWB who is also in all sorts, it’s no wonder DDG is conceding so many, the best keeper to ever live wouldn’t be making a difference.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I go off by sky sports but various sources do it and apps such as fotmob.

I see, I guess I'm trying to understand what journalist's rating you are valuing as more worthwhile than Tuchel who has played Christensen over Silva quite a few times this season.

I see, I guess I'm trying to understand what journalist's rating you are valuing as more worthwhile than Tuchel who has played Christensen over Silva quite a few times this season.
Christensen has only played 80-90 minutes more than Silva has this season.

I don't think it's a matter of picking one or the other he likes to rotate the defence a fair bit with the young players.

You could replace DDG with Mendy as United keeper, and he’d be shipping in just as many as DDG is. Our system and the way we set up & play is horrendous, you then have Lindelof who is a back up CB at best, Maguire who is in career worst form along with Shaw, and AWB who is also in all sorts, it’s no wonder DDG is conceding so many, the best keeper to ever live wouldn’t be making a difference.

I watched a video anaylsis about the way you guys press and Ronaldo not pressing at all is definitely causing issues. You really need at least 2 workhorses in midfield and the 2 wide players busting a gut up front to offset it because in modern football the target man is effectively done and dusted.

Pretty sure every one of our goals involved Firmino dropping back and playing a key pass or like the 5th goal pressing Pogba for the ball, winning it and Hendo immediately putting it through to Salah. If we had Ronaldo playing at #9 he does none of that and it's likely we don't get those goals.

Other than poor teams at home who will sit back I don't see how you can continue with Ronaldo playing as a target man without real workrate on the wings and midfield offsetting his lack of workrate.

It will be interesting to see what side Ole fields for Spurs away if he is still in the job and whether he addresses this.

Christensen has only played 80-90 minutes more than Silva has this season.

I don't think it's a matter of picking one or the other he likes to rotate the defence a fair bit with the young players.
Tuchel trusts Christensen as much as he trusts Silva and they are rotated through the same position in the center of our back 3. Thats a fair endorsement for AC and pretty much explains his worth and where hes rated.

Doesn't Silva have a better match day average than Christensen?
Depends on who does the ratings, who the opposition were, if Silva plays 7 games and 4 are against poor teams, and Christensen plays 9 games and are all against mid table or better clubs, Silva will have the better rating but might be the worst player.

Ratings are fun to read in the paper the next day to see what the writer thought, but overall not really relevant when so many different sources have different people giving different ratings.

I think it was Sky Sports gave Salah a 9 vs United. What does one have to do to score a 10?

Depends on who does the ratings, who the opposition were, if Silva plays 7 games and 4 are against poor teams, and Christensen plays 9 games and are all against mid table or better clubs, Silva will have the better rating but might be the worst player.

Ratings are fun to read in the paper the next day to see what the writer thought, but overall not really relevant when so many different sources have different people giving different ratings.

I think it was Sky Sports gave Salah a 9 vs United. What does one have to do to score a 10?
Silva got MOTM against Spurs, who still are considered one of the big 6.

Stats have shown that Silva has done more in some areas and in other areas just as much with less game time.

Most people here think I'm saying there is a huge gap between the two, but there isn't for the time being I'd have both but if I had to chose I'd take Silva right now. But i'll say AC most likely will take the mantle of head honcho of the centrebacks at Chelsea with Silva being 38 by then and Rudiger still taking his time with an extension.

Silva got MOTM against Spurs, who still are considered one of the big 6.

Stats have shown that Silva has done more in some areas and in other areas just as much with less game time.

Most people here think I'm saying there is a huge gap between the two, but there isn't for the time being I'd have both but if I had to chose I'd take Silva right now. But i'll say AC most likely will take the mantle of head honcho of the centrebacks at Chelsea with Silva being 38 by then and Rudiger still taking his time with an extension.

Spurs have been s**t this season, why does them being a 'big 6' matter?

No most on here just think you made a call and are doubling and tripling down on it.

Salah actually probably should have scored 5 goals or at least given off one attacking opportunity against The Mancs ro a teammate who was in a much more prime position to score.

He was superb against Man U, but I don't think Salah played the perfect game, plus the pathetic quality of his opponents (on the day) should also be taken into account.

Salah actually probably should have scored 5 goals or at least given off one attacking opportunity against The Mancs ro a teammate who was in a much more prime position to score.

He was superb against Man U, but I don't think Salah played the perfect game, plus the pathetic quality of his opponents (on the day) should also be taken into account.

You can only play what's in front of you.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back