vidwhal

Grade A Douchebag
Oct 4, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
New York Knicks
First round pick we wanted to take with pick #17 but went a touch earlier at #15.

Has had a tough run with injury but they have all been impact/collision injuries.

Is arrogant. Is talented. Is ours now.
Yep, I like the arrogance when channelled correctly and not inwards towards the playing group. #IMEXCITED

vidwhal

Grade A Douchebag
Oct 4, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
New York Knicks
If it gets enough traction he will end up fronting McDonald's ads and we won't have to pay him much at all in the salary cap
Hahaha yeah, it'll be him & his mate going drive thru and his mate catches him out for how much wrappers and s**t he's got laying around in there. So delicious you'll buy shitloads haha

Bad Brain

Club Legend
Apr 24, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle

1634271473858.gif

westy1

Club Legend
Aug 26, 2006
denmark
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
east freo
Welcome to Freo Jordy
Back in 2017 my son Clay was playing in the Claremont development squad with Jordy who was playing for Railways in Albany and Clay was playing for Denmark
One particular game Jordy got tackled by a Denmark player and went down and put a bit of mayo on the severity of the tackle
once he got a 50 m penalty he made a miraculous recovery
we gave it to the umpire (all in good spirit) who came over to where we were and gave a little bit back to us
Later that night we were in the shed playing some tunes & thats when my song Holding the Ball was written
So Jordy, welcome to Freo and thanks for the memories the inspiration for our song

SHill Shall

Club Legend
Aug 22, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
Steve Hocking making very helpful comments for us directly about Clark this morning on radio.

"Younger players, have to do the work. If you do get an opportunity, you need to grab it with both hands and push past some of those experienced players."

Geelong clearly had concerns in this area - now its over to Jordan - to do the work.

nurries

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 11, 2003
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Freo
Steve Hocking making very helpful comments for us directly about Clark this morning on radio.

"Younger players, have to do the work. If you do get an opportunity, you need to grab it with both hands and push past some of those experienced players."

Geelong clearly had concerns in this area - now its over to Jordan - to do the work.
absolute BS. Guys like Smith, Dalhaus and Higgins were only getting games on prior reputation

masai tu

Club Legend
Oct 17, 2021
AFL Club
Fremantle
It may be - however such comments can only help Clark get himself set for an all out assault on our B22.

I see it as 6 of one, half a dozen of the other.

Yep, it appears that players like Dalhaus & Higgins were getting games on past reputations. They were just spinning their wheels.

Clark needs to put his head down and give it everything. Maybe he did get a bit down about being unable to get into the Cats lineup, and dropped his bundle a bit. From this comment, use it as a spur.

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
absolute BS. Guys like Smith, Dalhaus and Higgins were only getting games on prior reputation
Smith had a decent year, but the other two were base level. I also think Clark should have been able to get past Atkins and Zac Guthrie.

Geelong had a good h&a season so I find it difficult to compare to us, but I like to think those 4 would struggle to be in our best 22.

Unless there's some serious issue with Clark i expect him to be in from round 1.

Eski3

Premiership Player
Sep 26, 2007
East Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Freo
Smith had a decent year, but the other two were base level. I also think Clark should have been able to get past Atkins and Zac Guthrie.

Geelong had a good h&a season so I find it difficult to compare to us, but I like to think those 4 would struggle to be in our best 22.

Unless there's some serious issue with Clark i expect him to be in from round 1.

I've heard the Zac Cuthrie comments but it's obvious Scarlett had no desire to play Clark in the backline, which means his competition was actually Isaac Smith

freodog

Club Legend
Oct 15, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle

This is great! If he needed a rocket, he's now got it and we didn't have to do anything. And if he needed any further motivation he definitely has it to prove some people wrong 👍

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
I've heard the Zac Cuthrie comments but it's obvious Scarlett had no desire to play Clark in the backline, which means his competition was actually Isaac Smith
Smith, Menegola and Duncan are a great combo on the wings. I think it is unrealistic for Clark to find a position there.

Scarlett would have had his reasons for not using Clark, but seems pretty harsh. Very little run and carry in their defensive gamestyle.

Apr 14, 2018
Just up the street
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SFFC
Geelong Cats chief executive Steve Hocking fires parting shot at new Fremantle Dockers recruit Jordan Clark
Samantha RogersThe West Australian
Tue, 26 October 2021 9:21AM

[PLAYERCARD]Jordan Clark[/PLAYERCARD].
Jordan Clark. Credit: Quinn Rooney/via AFL Photos

Geelong chief executive Steve Hocking has fired a brutal parting shot at ex-Cat Jordan Clark, who was traded to Fremantle after a lack of opportunity at his former club.
Clark landed at the Dockers in exchange for pick 22 and a future third-round selection, along with a future fourth-round pick in this year’s trade period.
The Albany junior, who was selected at pick 15 in the 2018 draft, played 32 games for Geelong (including 11 this season) but did not feature as the Cats looked to experience over youth in their failed finals campaign.
Chris Scott’s side were thrashed but a Melbourne team brimming with young talent in the preliminary final at Optus Stadium - including WA’s Luke Jackson, Trent Rivers and Kysaiah Pickett.
[PLAYERCARD]Jordan Clark[/PLAYERCARD].
Jordan Clark. Credit: Dylan Burns/AFL Photos
Defender Jake Bowey also got the nod ahead veteran players in the Demons’ grand final side in what was just his seventh AFL game.
Hocking said the premiers were a good example of how clubs can find a good mix between youth and experience, but denied Geelong’s younger players had warranted the same treatment - including Clark.
“I look at Melbourne, and someone like (Demons veterans) Nathan Jones or Jake Melksham,” he told Sportsday.
“They were pushed out of the team because young players were given an opportunity and they performed at the level they’re capable of.”
Asked if Clark, 21, was a “victim” of Geelong’s preference to field older players in pursuit of immediate success, Hocking gave a scathing assessment of the former Cat.
Geelong CEO Steve Hocking.
Geelong CEO Steve Hocking. Credit: Michael Willson/AFL Photos
“For our players, our younger players... you’ve got to do the work,” he said.
“If you do get an opportunity, you need to grab it with both hands and push past some of those experienced players.
“I think Melbourne have proven that, and they’re a great example of that.
“That’s the comment I would make around Jordan Clark.”
The Dockers recruit said he had “no hard feelings” towards his former club after joining Fremantle.

Paracleet

Emotion is not going to get the job done..
Jun 30, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
“For our players, our younger players... you’ve got to do the work,” he said.
“If you do get an opportunity, you need to grab it with both hands and push past some of those experienced players.
“I think Melbourne have proven that, and they’re a great example of that.
“That’s the comment I would make around Jordan Clark.”
The Dockers recruit said he had “no hard feelings” towards his former club after joining Fremantle.
Just what does Geelong gain by him saying this?

Back