Covid-19 Welcome to Freedom

Remove this Banner Ad

sorted , I’m having trouble following your position. You appear to be arguing against o/a benefit of vaccination, but then acknowledge high vax rate in Sweden as an element of that national’s strategy which you appear to laud. Are you pro vaccination?

sorted , I’m having trouble following your position. You appear to be arguing against o/a benefit of vaccination, but then acknowledge high vax rate in Sweden as an element of that national’s strategy which you appear to laud. Are you pro vaccination?
His whole posting history on this board is a collection of contrarianism without a cause, good luck finding any positions underneath beyond incessantly challenging an authority.

Sweden's an interesting case. Lots of people talking about it in the July-October 2020 lockdown last year when Swedish cases were low and Victorians were living under Stage 4 restrictions. Lots of people talking about it now in 2021 when Sweden has re-opened fully while Victoria & NSW are taking their first, cautious steps out of another Stage 4 lockdown. But very, very few people were talking about it between November 2020 and July 2021 when Australia was largely back to normal while you couldn't buy alcohol after 8pm in Sweden.

His whole posting history on this board is a collection of contrarianism without a cause, good luck finding any positions underneath beyond incessantly challenging an authority.

Sweden's an interesting case. Lots of people talking about it in the July-October 2020 lockdown last year when Swedish cases were low and Victorians were living under Stage 4 restrictions. Lots of people talking about it now in 2021 when Sweden has re-opened fully while Victoria & NSW are taking their first, cautious steps out of another Stage 4 lockdown. But very, very few people were talking about it between November 2020 and July 2021 when Australia was largely back to normal while you couldn't buy alcohol after 8pm in Sweden.
Yeah, I’ve been surprised by broad scope of Swedish Covid related info on AU media. ABC, Seven etc

Sweden and Australia have similar vaccination rates. High vax rates are part of both country's strategy. The differences are with the measures used to bring that about - balanced against freedoms.

I there is nonhighlighted Sweden's very minimal restrictions compared to Victoria - including no vaccine passports, and no one losing their job because they chose not to vax. There's also no mandatory mask wearing. No limits on gathering in homes, bars or restaurants. No curfews. No movement limits. Schools are open. Soccer stadiums are full.

But despite the minimal restrictions Sweden has a lower number of current cases and fatalities than Victoria.
Sweden appears to have constitutionally safeguarded civil rights. Additionally, the European Convention for the Protection of Human Rights and Fundamental Freedoms has legal status in Sweden. In AU, unless specifically enacted locally, even AU ratified international instruments won’t have force other than in instances where there is ambiguity in interpreting some related instrument. In contrast (unlike rest of AU except one other State lsst time I looked) Vic has a Charter of Rights and Responsibilities but the freedoms it provides can be excluded by other Vic enactments. In short, during this pandemic, Sweden’s less intrusive interference with citizen freedoms of association, work, education etc may have been more-so result of regulatory limitations on power rather than merel governmental choice.

BTW, you didn’t answer my previous questions; 1) are you pro vaccination? 2) do you agree that tax on tobacco products is significant? :)

Last edited:
You can’t decide you only like a cartoonist when they are lampooning your ‘opponents’

and ironic dans ‘third jab’ announcement (has he even discussed this with anyone?) is on the same web page

73643CF8-8707-49A5-9437-46807B756974.jpeg

Sweden and Australia have similar vaccination rates. High vax rates are part of both country's strategy. The differences are with the measures used to bring that about - balanced against freedoms.
And of course the fact it raged through the population already so acquired immunity is more common.

Has Dan just written his resignation with that?
Don't see how this can be blamed on Dan Andrews; unless background pressure which is highly doubtful. However, it's a clear example of why employees should check and understand what they're giving up to employers in employment agreements before agreeing to do so. I'm sick of seeing this sort of imbalance of power being willfully surrendered by employees for benefit of employers.

Don't see how this can be blamed on Dan Andrews; unless background pressure which is highly doubtful. However, it's a clear example of why employees should check and understand what they're giving up to employers in employment agreements before agreeing to do so. I'm sick of seeing this sort of imbalance of power being willfully surrendered by employees for benefit of employers.

dont have much time for anti-vaxxers but Dan and co keep demonstrating out their concerns over what I call ‘creeping fascism’

what was the public discussion and process on dans seemingly unilateral announcement, surely he’s not pretending we are still in a state of emergency where you can argue processes can be shortcut for the ‘common good’?

at some point if the Australian public don’t clip these peoples wings a bit, the end result won’t be pretty

(Log in to remove this ad.)

dont have much time for anti-vaxxers but Dan and co keep demonstrating out their concerns over what I call ‘creeping fascism’

what was the public discussion and process on dans seemingly unilateral announcement, surely he’s not pretending we are still in a state of emergency where you can argue processes can be shortcut for the ‘common good’?

at some point if the Australian public don’t clip these peoples wings a bit, the end result won’t be pretty

I’m not a fan of DA either, but this isn’t his doing. Although would like to see him come out in support of that journo.

There’s a growing argument for need to subject contracting away of fundamental freedoms in work agreements to greater levels of independent informed consent, and perhaps even a need for employees contracting away such freedoms to be objectively better off.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I’m not a fan of DA either, but this isn’t his doing. Although I’d like to see him come out in support of that journo.

There’s a growing argument for need to subject contracting away of fundamental freedoms in work agreements to greater levels of independently informed consent, and perhaps even a need for employees contracting away such freedoms to be objectively better off.

so Dan didn’t say ‘instead of locking people in, we’re locking people out’? Think about how acceptable that would have been in 2019. Not at all.

the curfew was unneccesary and he’s well on his way to losing me with this.

I propose even the vaccinated reject apps QR code’s etc and Cary their credit card sized handwritten vacc record.

that was enough for previous generations. Don’t participate in anything which enables such outrageous behaviour

so Dan didn’t say ‘instead of locking people in, we’re locking people out’? Think about how acceptable that would have been in 2019. Not at all.

the curfew was unneccesary and he’s well on his way to losing me with this.

I propose even the vaccinated reject apps QR code’s etc and Cary their credit card sized handwritten vacc record.

that was enough for previous generations. Don’t participate in anything which enables such outrageous behaviour

Agreed, curfew was overkill. Am ok with mandating no jab no job.

I’m more annoyed at his reported attempt to “govern from the grave”; but that’s an issue for next election.
Suffice to say I appreciated your concerns.

Last edited:
Agreed, curfew was overkill. Am ok with mandating no jab no job.

I’m more annoyed at his reported attempt to “govern from the grave”; but that’s an issue for next election.
Suffice to say I appreciated your concerns.

‘all the same I’m shunning these various apps wherever I can. I don’t like the consequences, even the unintended data security issues becaus they have been thrown together quickly.

Victoria’s data protection mandates that data collection can only be used for the original case. It cannot be re-used for other cases. But govts ate riding roughshod over these protections and even more alarmingly a huge mount of people are cheering them on

witch hunt sprung to mind. I’m in the UK where they are discussing whether witches killed by the state in Scotland should get a pardon and a better memorial.
On the radio more than a Couple of people rung in and said it was a good thing or dangerous witchcraft would be more prevalent today.

that is UTTER UTTER nonsense

‘all the same I’m shunning these various apps wherever I can. I don’t like the consequences, even the unintended data security issues becaus they have been thrown together quickly.

Victoria’s data protection mandates that data collection can only be used for the original case. It cannot be re-used for other cases. But govts ate riding roughshod over these protections and even more alarmingly a huge mount of people are cheering them on

witch hunt sprung to mind. I’m in the UK where they are discussing whether witches killed by the state in Scotland should get a pardon and a better memorial.
On the radio more than a Couple of people rung in and said it was a good thing or dangerous witchcraft would be more prevalent today.

that is UTTER UTTER nonsense
caller/s might have been referring to trial by ordeal; it was a range of cruel ways of trying people for crimes in UK many years ago. Those who failed the tests of innocence were often branded as witches. Governments have done some crazy stuff through out history.

Last edited:
caller/s might have been referring to trial by ordeal; it was a range of cruel ways of trying people for crimes in UK many years ago. Those who failed the tests of innocence were often branded as witches. Governments have done some crazy stuff through out history.

cheered on by James I and there was plenty of sexually deviant shitgoing on by the torturers apparently.

I'm not sure the genuinely homeless are busy reading misinformation on social media.
Most of the misinformation sounds like it comes from a mentally ill hobo needing treatment and housing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back