Covid-19 Welcome to Freedom

Remove this Banner Ad

Opine

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 30, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
I wonder if you are missing the point? Sweden has had much less impositions on freedoms but they have arrived in a better place than Australia, Victoria in particular.

I have addressed this previously.

I am in favour of vaccination for the usual range of childhood diseases. I have previously highlighted beneficial side effects where vaccination for one disease can give protection against another.

With Covid-19 I think it's sensible to strongly recommend the vaccine for the elderly, with mandatory for aged care and health workers. Make it available for all others who want to get it - but I don't see the rationale to have it mandatory for everyone.

It's clear that the vaccines don't prevent infections and often don't prevent serious illness. There needs to be good quality evaluations of treatments, but the research is biased against cheap and proven safe existing drugs by the huge financials involved.
You still haven’t answered my questions :)

May 2, 2006
Brisbane
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Fremantle
You know, people can quote numerous statistics, research, concerns and whatever.

What it really boils down to is one thing and one thing only: We, as a society, don't like being told what to do by our government. Most people (around 95% of them) reconcile this fact with their belief that they're doing it for the greater good.

5% think that they're the 'silent majority' and paste rubbish all over social media to dissuade others when in reality, they're like a kid who refuses to brush their teeth. They know it's in their best health interest, they simply don't want to do it because it's being imposed on them.

Aug 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
You know, people can quote numerous statistics, research, concerns and whatever.

What it really boils down to is one thing and one thing only: We, as a society, don't like being told what to do by our government. Most people (around 95% of them) reconcile this fact with their belief that they're doing it for the greater good.

5% think that they're the 'silent majority' and paste rubbish all over social media to dissuade others when in reality, they're like a kid who refuses to brush their teeth. They know it's in their best health interest, they simply don't want to do it because it's being imposed on them.

I tend to agree and I'm a little uneasy with the mandate, whether it be direct or indirect. Though I was happy to get the vaccine so it didn't really worry me in the end.

I do feel bad for the "silent majority" though, most people think they're dumb and look like dick heads.

May 2, 2006
Brisbane
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Fremantle
I tend to agree and I'm a little uneasy with the mandate, whether it be direct or indirect. Though I was happy to get the vaccine so it didn't really worry me in the end.

I do feel bad for the "silent majority" though, most people think they're dumb and look like dick heads.
The funniest thing about 'Silent majorities' is that they almost always lose in everything to the actual majority and there's nothing 'silent' about them.

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SJ Sharks/Everton/NY Jets
Half arsed as usual Brades. Sweden has opted to participate in the EU Digital COVID Certificate that will make travel within Europe easier during the coronavirus pandemic.
With the EU Digital COVID Certificate, you will be able to show that you have:​
been vaccinated against Covid-19​
been tested with a negative result, or​
recovered from Covid-19.​

Sweden has never used Covid passes domestically for entry to events or restaurants. It would be unthinkable there to exclude people from employment.

Compare this to Victoria which is barring people from earning a living, entry to events and restaurants. Victoria also has no recognition of recovery from Covid-19 or a recent negative test.
Still using a covid pass aren't they?

Has Dan just written his resignation with that?
It’s a National decision ..ATAGI had recommended third shot. A number of western nations have decided to do it as well. Odd take

It really should be up to the individual,

Why should some government bureaucrat decide what's best for everyone's individual circumstances ?
Because it’s a highly transmissible virus that’s killed millions worldwide and is a danger to public health. So they’re not physically forcing you to take it but understand you will need to take extra precautions/abide by public health restrictions so you will not be a danger to others

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The county with near 100% vax rate has the highest xovid rates?
Thank **** they’re vaccinated

6CB4ECE7-8D70-489E-B4B8-4038CF57D715.jpeg

Pessimistic

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts HBF's Milk Crate - 70k Posts TheBrownDog
Sep 13, 2000
Melbourne cricket ground. Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks
A short statistical spike which grifters are grabbing onto for dear life.

i saw this in a map of UK areas. My thought was while inner cities etc have low vax rates, they may have high levels of herd immunity from previous high infection rates.

I guess this wouldn’t apply to australia, not having had really high rates anywhere ar any time

Pessimistic

Cancelled
Sep 13, 2000
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks
Will these ‘basic’ rights we all deem appropriate for unvaccinated become a de facto human rights standard - which western govts have resisted codifying?

after all, the drivers licence is a de facto ID card

Opine

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 30, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Has anyone read Peda Cedlins article below?
I’m not a subscriber so cannot read it. I’d be appreciative if someone who has read it could contribute a summary.

Thanks in advance.

Dan to lead country’s first dictatorship
Victoria’s new state of emergency laws will make Premier Daniel Andrews the nearest thing to a dictator that Australia has ever seen, Peta Credlin writes

Pessimistic

Cancelled
Sep 13, 2000
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks
Has anyone read Peda Cedlins article below?
I’m not a subscriber so cannot read it. I’d be appreciative if someone who has read it could contribute a summary.

Thanks in advance.

Victoria’s new state of emergency laws will make Premier Daniel Andrews the nearest thing to a dictator that Australia has ever seen, Peta Credlin writes

would she have been happier if it was Abbott? Cos that’s the danger, it could be a future Abbott character.

agree on the total lack of need for changes to laws which have worked well in an actual pandemic

She knows about Queensland, yeah?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back