2nds AFC 2021 SANFL Thread - We're baaaaaaaack (in the SANFL)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was very impressed with Redden's rucking. He can't jump, like our guys, but he taps powerfully sideways, always to his teammate. There's no dropping at the feet there. ;)
He would still be rucking for Port if he didn't get struck down by injuries in his early 20s. Literally twice the players Lycett is.

For starters, the SANFL barely feeds the AFL and conversely, mostly survives on that comps sloppy seconds. I’m all for players returning to their club of origin post AFL career, and I think there should be accommodations for that. To be fair, a few of the Eagles ex-AFL players are returned juniors - kudos to them - but there is something deeply uninteresting about delisted AFL players with no connection to SA footy running around in the comp. I’d much prefer to watch young players who have gone through the junior ranks having a crack.

The quality might not be quite as good, but let’s face it, no one is watching the SANFL for its “quality”. The magic still lies in those clubs having some semblance of a connection with their local communities. Them loading up on AFL rejects does nothing to foster this connection and I think that the League is actually worse off for having them.
Why don’t you go and watch the NEAFL or whatever it may b called now?

Fiveaa saying we are speaking to Hamish Hartlett to be our skipper next yesr

surely we can find someone better than the little drummer boy…
lol. Dont like him much hey. I know him well and hes a top bloke except for being an ex power player. Before he got drafted i said to him Port arent gonna get you are they. He was like maybe mate but hope not but i will play anywhere. He hated Port. He was a crows and Carlton man.

Poor guy. I hope he does well. He has not been the same since he did his knee. Seems to have lost a bit of speed and confidence since then
Yeah that was a tragedy for him when we were apparently about to sign him to our AFL list.

Sliding doors life moment for him.

I know players like Ash Johnson and Sam Jacobs have copped criticism when they opt out but this is exactly why people do it

Is it just me or for all the grizzling about the AFL reserves sides in the SANFL some of them have done pretty well arising out of blokes who have been enticed by the Crows Reserves system back into league footy?

Just off the top of my head blokes like Jake Sutcliffe, Jy Farrar, Tom Wagner, Pierce Seymour have all gone on to do significant things at league footy after first turning out for the Ravens.

surely we can find someone better than the little drummer boy…

To captain a reserves side? That's unlikely at this point in time.

Especially if we're unwilling to use our own for it, and it's probably the right call to be unwilling to use our own ex-players at the moment.

To captain a reserves side? That's unlikely at this point in time.

Especially if we're unwilling to use our own for it, and it's probably the right call to be unwilling to use our own ex-players at the moment.
I dont think the sanfl rules actually allow us to use our own ex players..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes we can.
So we could move tex, when his current contract, straight into our SANFL side in a captain/mentor role like matty wright has been in?..

i was of the belief that we weren’t allowed to do this.. i thought matty wright was allowed to because he’d come from Carlton..

I dont think the sanfl rules actually allow us to use our own ex players..

We're not allowed too with top ups (unless they've been retired for a few years or if we apply for an exemption, ala what we did for Daniel Jackson) but we are allowed one to captain the squad who is recently retired.

So we could move tex, when his current contract, straight into our SANFL side in a captain/mentor role like matty wright has been in?..

i was of the belief that we weren’t allowed to do this.. i thought matty wright was allowed to because he’d come from Carlton..
Absolutely we can. We are allowed one of these players. Straight of the AFL list. Tex would be great to do it from 2023 if he wants to and is retired.

Absolutely we can. We are allowed one of these players. Straight of the AFL list. Tex would be great to do it from 2023 if he wants to and is retired.
I really thought Lynch was our man for this.
But Tex would be awesome too.

I really thought Lynch was our man for this.
But Tex would be awesome too.

Or terrible... after all, he's a figure head of what ended up being a very problematic core.

It might just end up better for us all to have a clean break come 2023.

Or terrible... after all, he's a figure head of what ended up being a very problematic core.

It might just end up better for us all to have a clean break come 2023.
Yeah I don't see him doing that TBH.

Rule Changes for 2022 for out top ups

• Any delisted AFL player who has not played AFL or State League, or been on an AFL list for the past 12 months (previously 24 months), can be supplementary listed to play SANFL for AFC or PAFC.
  • A player who has served a minimum of 10 years on either Adelaide’s or Port Adelaide’s AFL list can be included on the supplementary (SANFL) List of the AFL club where they served the 10-year period.
  • Increasing the age range of interstate players AFL Clubs can include on their supplementary (SANFL) lists from 19 to 21 years to 19 to 23 years of age.
  • Adelaide and Port Adelaide would have access to Father-Son prospects in their 18th year, for a full season to play in their SANFL team – if they haven’t already played League with their SANFL club. In this instance, the AFL club would pay the player’s SANFL club a $5000 transfer fee.
  • Removal of a transfer fee for Next Generation Academy and Father-Son players in their 18th and 19th year, who are yet to play League Football at their SANFL club, allowing them an opportunity to play and train with their AFL-aligned SANFL club over a four-week period.

SANFL will adopt the AFL’s ”Stand Rule” for players standing the mark in its competitions, with this rule change among several adjustments ratified by the South Australian Football Commission for the 2022 season.

In 2022, SANFL will also be in unison with other State Leagues in allowing its AFL clubs the discretion to play activated Medical Substitutes in the SANFL.

Previously, players who were activated Medical Substitutes in the AFL were not permitted to play in the SANFL on the same weekend. This will now be permitted, however, AFL clubs must communicate their player’s availability to the opposition club within 60 minutes after the conclusion of the AFL match.

Rule Changes for 2022 for out top ups

• Any delisted AFL player who has not played AFL or State League, or been on an AFL list for the past 12 months (previously 24 months), can be supplementary listed to play SANFL for AFC or PAFC.
  • A player who has served a minimum of 10 years on either Adelaide’s or Port Adelaide’s AFL list can be included on the supplementary (SANFL) List of the AFL club where they served the 10-year period.
  • Increasing the age range of interstate players AFL Clubs can include on their supplementary (SANFL) lists from 19 to 21 years to 19 to 23 years of age.
  • Adelaide and Port Adelaide would have access to Father-Son prospects in their 18th year, for a full season to play in their SANFL team – if they haven’t already played League with their SANFL club. In this instance, the AFL club would pay the player’s SANFL club a $5000 transfer fee.
  • Removal of a transfer fee for Next Generation Academy and Father-Son players in their 18th and 19th year, who are yet to play League Football at their SANFL club, allowing them an opportunity to play and train with their AFL-aligned SANFL club over a four-week period.

SANFL will adopt the AFL’s ”Stand Rule” for players standing the mark in its competitions, with this rule change among several adjustments ratified by the South Australian Football Commission for the 2022 season.

In 2022, SANFL will also be in unison with other State Leagues in allowing its AFL clubs the discretion to play activated Medical Substitutes in the SANFL.

Previously, players who were activated Medical Substitutes in the AFL were not permitted to play in the SANFL on the same weekend. This will now be permitted, however, AFL clubs must communicate their player’s availability to the opposition club within 60 minutes after the conclusion of the AFL match.
So DMac and Tals could play

Yep. It doesnt say just one player like previously. Quick someone call Dmac now and get him back over. Grab Lynch as well.
So when Tex, Sloaney and Smithers eventually call it they can also walk right into the SANFL team. Like that. Really helps develop the kids and keeps those leaders around the club.

Wonder what the SANFL clubs think......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back