We have Voss, now we have the Assistants...

Remove this Banner Ad

Sayers’ unilateral coach search was a complete failure.
If Sayers and the board had determined the process together and were on the same page, I think Lyon would be our coach today.
When it was clear that the goalposts were still moving, Lyon pulled out.
Cleary a Ross Lyon fan boi........

It's about time people started looking forward rather than in the rear vision mirror.

........I'll probably cop an infraction for this post as it will be classed as a personal attack.

What's the point of potting Voss or claiming someone else was almost our coach? Voss is our coach.

How about backing him in? At least wait till there's some data to judge.

He's currently the oy Carlton coach who's undefeated. Is that worth anything or not?

Maybe wait till he's coached a couple of games before making sweeping statements.

Cleary a Ross Lyon fan boi........

It's about time people started looking forward rather than in the rear vision mirror.

........I'll probably cop an infraction for this post as it will be classed as a personal attack.
Nope, I actually voted for Buckley in the poll.

If you'd bothered to do a little research, you will see I also haven't criticised Voss - I hope he succeeds. However, I'm pretty disappointed by what I've been told about how the last couple of months have been managed and I think its worth sharing. People can take it for what it is.

Nope, I actually voted for Buckley in the poll.

If you'd bothered to do a little research, you will see I also haven't criticised Voss - I hope he succeeds. However, I'm pretty disappointed by what I've been told about how the last couple of months have been managed and I think its worth sharing. People can take it for what it is.
What have you shared other than general gossip that's been done to death?

What's the point of potting Voss or claiming someone else was almost our coach? Voss is our coach.

How about backing him in? At least wait till there's some data to judge.

He's currently the oy Carlton coach who's undefeated. Is that worth anything or not?

Maybe wait till he's coached a couple of games before making sweeping statements.
Who is potting Voss?

Voss / Hansen and fresh assistants will be a good combination, credentialed ,experienced, and with Director Williams oversight, one doesn't fool around.
I've got a very good gut feel there will be a positive impact going forward , I know there have been many bitter false dawns over the past 2 decades we've had to endure.
However season 2022 onward, will see the relaunching of CFC culture, the beginning of our climb upwards. Go Blues

Valuable insights from a person who might know?
equals nothing more than unsubstantiated gossip - appreciate your input but nothing special there - understandable you don't feel like revealing your "sources" but even if you did, does it make anything you say more believable? your opinion is just that, nothing more..... think I'm supposed to now say something like "please keep posting, we really appreciate the info"......

equals nothing more than unsubstantiated gossip - appreciate your input but nothing special there - understandable you don't feel like revealing your "sources" but even if you did, does it make anything you say more believable? your opinion is just that, nothing more..... think I'm supposed to now say something like "please keep posting, we really appreciate the info"......
No you don't have to say anything ... I care nothing for your opinion because it's based on your interpretation rather than facts. I also don't care for your continual pointless ramblings and inane snide commentary, so I guess we are on the same page about not having much respect for each other's views. I can live with that if you can.

No you don't have to say anything ... I care nothing for your opinion because it's based on your interpretation rather than facts. I also don't care for your continual pointless ramblings and inane snide commentary, so I guess we are on the same page about not having much respect for each other's views. I can live with that if you can.
Can't recall bringing info to this place and purporting it to be fact so there's a difference you can drive a pretend truck through..........

Can't recall bringing info to this place and purporting it to be fact so there's a difference you can drive a pretend truck through..........
You categorised my post is gossip. But you have no evidence whatsoever to support your argument. None.
Your typical way of attempting to maintain a semblance of relevance - by bringing others down.

not at all, you've been given more leeway than deserved truth be told - you suggested the club has poor processes because "blah blah blah"....don't bawl in your beer if you're lumped in with every other naysayer around here........

You categorised my post is gossip. But you have no evidence whatsoever to support your argument. None.
Your typical way of attempting to maintain a semblance of relevance - by bringing others down.
What was your original suggestion? That we sounded out other candidates before the process started, some of whom may have been on paper higher credentialed than the guy who ultimately got the job?
I don't think anyone doubts the general nature of this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What was your original suggestion? That we sounded out other candidates before the process started, some of whom may have been on paper higher credentialed than the guy who ultimately got the job?
I don't think anyone doubts the general nature of this.
That's your interpretation.

Everyone's got a view, I'm cool with that and comfortable that my posts on coaching process throughout the past two months have been well informed and added to the discussion, even if many don't like it or agree.

Wise to accept Voss is the coach and desist in the what if's etc. We don't want the spectre to Clarko, Ross, Scotts hovering over the clubs heads much like the "training wheels" thing did, gives the Slobos of the world food.

Pretty sure many on this board don't need the "Slobbos of the world" to feed the sakc the coach frenzy that we've seen in varying degrees over our last four coaches.

Not the question I posed to bigblueboy Elmer.

Why do you feel it really necessary to bring up Ross's 'alleged' conduct at Fremantle every time you mention him.

Well because it seems to have been an issue to some board members from some reliable media sources (as much as we can trust anyway)

Happy to drop it and the whole Ross Lyon issue Aph, however I stand by my comments against that other poster who said Luke Sayers botched the entire coaching appointing process.

No one president or chairman at any footy club should have the power to appoint a coach on their own whim (without consulting other board members and or ignoring the recommendations of the club appointed coaching sub committee)

Time will tell, but I am optimistic and confident going forwards that the club will be vindicated appointing Voss as coach (despite some initial reservations) at any rate.

not at all, you've been given more leeway than deserved truth be told - you suggested the club has poor processes because "blah blah blah"....don't bawl in your beer if you're lumped in with every other naysayer around here........
I've been given more leeway? What, you are suggesting I should be punished for posts which are critical of the club? Funnily enough I've been banned twice in recent months so that's probably an indication that I'm not getting any special treatment. Who decides that one poster or group of posters deserve more or less "leeway" because of their stance or view anyway? One thing I know for sure - it certainly is not you.

Lumped in with the naysayers? So you are saying critical posters should be categorised and victimised for having an opinion or posting information? When were you appointed to fulfil this role? Without reading the site rules, I'm just going to guess that you haven't indeed been appointed to the poster categorisation management position and take my chances that other posters might be prepared to be more open-minded rather than the Chinese-government style approach of punishing or removing the dissenters that you are suggesting.

I've been given more leeway? What, you are suggesting I should be punished for posts which are critical of the club? Funnily enough I've been banned twice in recent months so that's probably an indication that I'm not getting any special treatment. Who decides that one poster or group of posters deserve more or less "leeway" because of their stance or view anyway? One thing I know for sure - it certainly is not you.

Lumped in with the naysayers? So you are saying critical posters should be categorised and victimised for having an opinion or posting information? When were you appointed to fulfil this role? Without reading the site rules, I'm just going to guess that you haven't indeed been appointed to the poster categorisation management position and take my chances that other posters might be prepared to be more open-minded rather than the Chinese-government style approach of punishing or removing the dissenters that you are suggesting.

we must always work for the good of the glorious carlton football club...........

1635402515523.png

All hail our Glorious Leader.

His best golf score is -38.

He walked at three weeks old and spoke at eight weeks.

He has evolved to the point where he does not produce human waste.

He invented the hamburger.

Success is imminent.

All hail our Glorious Leader.

His best golf score is -38.

He walked at three weeks old and spoke at eight weeks.

He has evolved to the point where he does not produce human waste.

He invented the hamburger.

Success is Ambivalent.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back