Society/Culture Jordan B Peterson

Remove this Banner Ad

With Ben Shapiro they certainly captured the market by antagonising the woke of age(collegiate demographic)

*yesyesyes one may say i am a nuisance akin to those two ...

I think my point is metaphor #economic & #politicaleconomy (so not $ nor financial profit)

Peterson and Shapiro SUCCESSFULLY* captured an opposition market to the <_young_woke_college_ kids_>,they(shapiro/peterson) were the aggravation to their(collegekids) social comprehension (of their own identity)

both sources from either side did actually benefit out of this symbiosis

the older two , ego at their force , driven by their political constituents in this new sphere of social navigation . The students were college kids for chissakes, they are supposed to come to political action . Atleast no Kent State tragedy for them . Thus one sector deserves more responsibility for the conflagration

P'raps each party required the faux counterbalancincing sector in this faux charade and pantomime /pleonasm

(I can sometimes be reasonable)
I’m not familiar with Shapiro, is she/he progressive or moderate likewise similar to JP?

I’m not familiar with Shapiro, is she/he progressive or moderate likewise similar to JP?
He is more antagonistic than Peterson and will beat up on juniors who could never (intellectually) touch him . I can see past the pantomime though and know he has more to offer but he is a product of his niche and a reactionary media persona of cable clickbait*tv which manipulates/carves out the media ID you see . Like Rachel Maddow , they are products of their platform , I am sure one could have an nice cultured evening with Maddow or if lucky enough a Shapiro shabbas dinner and they would be m.u.c.h different persona's as their authentic selves , my mate even has his own kosher-wine winery for Shapiro to drink

Last edited:
He is more antagonistic than Peterson and will beat up on juniors who could never (intellectually) touch him . I can see past the pantomime though and know he has more to offer but he is a product of his niche and a reactionary media which manipulates/carves out the media ID you see . Like Rachel Maddow , they are products of their platform , I am sure one could have an nice cultured evening with Maddow or if lucky enough a Shapiro shabbas dinner and they would be m.u.c.h different personal as their authentic selves , my mate even has his own kosher-wine winery for Shapiro to drink
I like the idea of Kosher-wine winery dedicated to Shapiro :thumbsu:

Do you think the appeal of JP and his writings is that he comes across as quite practical amongst all the drama in life today and gives what can usually be confusing topics a concise beginning and ending?

Do you think the appeal of JP and his writings is that he comes across as quite practical amongst all the drama in life today and gives what can usually be confusing topics a concise beginning and ending?
new economy structure never catered for some (men) , internet dialogue x Peterson or... a Christchurch mosque massacre or Martin Bryant* in Tassie

Ambiguous- required two individuals many standard deviations removed from society's social norms and behaviour

Peterson stepped in to fill the breach , 30 million Canucks, 2.5 million 16-24 years, plus latent ~25 million in Anglophone west , what , you want Anthony Robbins ... perhaps world was seeking a non-American self-help author or life coach

If you know anyone in publishing ask them about self-help category in US , it's huge , I believe Morrie Schwartz of BlackInc Publishing , Black Inc Publishing , did build his empire starting with this genre

*caveat refers to the mental_age of primary school child

nb women make up proportion of carers , primary schoolteachers , kindergarten teachers , not rewarded remunerated professions

Last edited:
He comes across as folksy and homespun. He very much has a personal approach to issues and in many circumstances isn't clearly left or right.

As he himself says, the left accuse him of being far right while the far right send him death threats.

When I first heard of him, he sounded like he would be another far right pundit, but clearly isn't despite being in the main, conservative on most issues.

I think this is why he is popular, his personal home spun folksy take means he often doesn't follow the left/right dot points, which makes him refreshing.

Would consider myself leftish, but I haven't really had a serious issue with anything he has said, though I don't follow him extensively.

On moto g(6) plus using BigFooty.com mobile app

He comes across as folksy and homespun. He very much has a personal approach to issues and in many circumstances isn't clearly left or right.

As he himself says, the left accuse him of being far right while the far right send him death threats.

When I first heard of him, he sounded like he would be another far right pundit, but clearly isn't despite being in the main, conservative on most issues.

I think this is why he is popular, his personal home spun folksy take means he often doesn't follow the left/right dot points, which makes him refreshing.
v.good take. Is it all rigorously authentic , or is some dialled up and down pending media forum?

Would consider myself leftish*, but I haven't really had a serious issue with anything he has said, though I don't follow him extensively.
*requires asterisk according to epoch

He’s in part responsible for propogating and popularising the term “Cultural Marxism”, one of the dumbest ideas in the history of dumb ideas. Which makes him a huckster or a moron. I know which way I’d lean.

Really? He's a clinical psychologist.
conflating media gobbet with professional advice , he wears multiple hats , there are thousands of hours of him on YouTube where he is advancing multiple different roles , i get this persona from him also in some of his roles (ie. appointments with Joe Rogan he may emphasise this)

He’s in part responsible for propogating and popularising the term “Cultural Marxism”, one of the dumbest ideas in the history of dumb ideas. Which makes him a huckster or a moron. I know which way I’d lean.
but this is antecedence is appellation with Frankfurt Social Investigation set , hardly Peterson's epoch when it comes to being , but you did not exactly attribute this to Peterson , I agree he could pique mire from his many enemies, NB , like Ben Shapiro their success in lassoing a major market segment also places them on the parapet and highlights their target , Shapiro revels , Peterson , notsomuch

conflating media gobbet with professional advice , he wears multiple hats , there are thousands of hours of him on YouTube where he is advancing multiple different roles , i get this persona from him also in some of his roles (ie. appointments with Joe Rogan he may emphasise this)
I'm not sure any of that makes him "folksy".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

but this is antecedence is appellation with Frankfurt Social Investigation set , hardly Peterson's epoch when it comes to being , but you did not exactly attribute this to Peterson , I agree he could pique mire from his many enemies, NB , like Ben Shapiro their success in lassoing a major market segment also places them on the parapet and highlights their target , Shapiro revels , Peterson , notsomuch
A bit showery, I think.

Can't say I've seen much of him, but from what I've seen he seems reasonable. What's the specific problem with him?

determined,/baked-in ,

a Peterson / Shapiro antithesis is ?response? to zeitgeist ?

as alluded big differences in the two , but they pique ire of the zeitgeist , part their personality no doubt , psychotherapist heal thyself
10:30, give or take.

For me it's the anti authoritarian thing. I don't care about his opinions but it's satisfying to see him push back against the worst of the Left.

For me it's the anti authoritarian thing. I don't care about his opinions but it's satisfying to see him push back against the worst of the Left.
Being what?

Has this anti-authoritarian spoke about the The Texas abortion law? The fascist elements of maga? The banning of CRT and associated discourses about racism in some states?

* no.

Being what?

Has this anti-authoritarian spoke about the The Texas abortion law? The fascist elements of maga? The banning of CRT and associated discourses about racism in some states?

fu** no.

I'm not claiming he's consistent or unbiased, or whatever you're trying to get at. It's just satisfying to see someone stand up to bullies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back