Recruiting James Hird Academy (Father/Son and Next Generation)

Remove this Banner Ad

I think that was Sheedy trying to turn him in to a CHF. He became quite public about his dissatisfaction with Jobe's physical condition hewhile he was coach.

Dodoro did a podcast during the shut down of the season last year in which he discussed Jobe's recruitment. He said Jobe was a prolific inside mid. There were question marks about his speed and fitness so Dodoro brought Sheedy to watch a game in which Jobe got something like 30 in the first half and Sheedy basically said 'that's answers your question, doesn't it?" and I don't think he watched the second half...or so the legend goes.
Jobe played CHF for most of his school football. It wasn't until Year 12 that they threw him into the middle

really? no one else in the next six years?
It's really hard to tell. Most of the time they start formulating at under 16 level.

Very likely top 40 unless he gets a year ending injury, very exciting medium forward with plenty of class and goal sense
Damn, we probably miss out on him then I imagine as the rule shifts to not being able to match NGA bids in the top 40 next year and we won't have the picks to take him with needing to match Davey twins bids

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hard to ever appear in the first place when he doesn’t play NAB League
That's what i was asking. Knew he did not end up in the Cannons squad.

That's what i was asking. Knew he did not end up in the Cannons squad.
Don't they live in Prahran? Wouldn't that make him an Oakleigh boy?

2 years unregistered to be eligible as a Category B rookie.

I think Tom was trying to talk his brother into coming to Essendon though? So spake boncer after player sponsor night;

Hird - Ripping young bloke, tried to not ask about his old man because every time I walked past it seemed like someone was reminiscing about something miraculous his Dad did on the field. His mum would rather he's still playing soccer because she doesn't want to see him getting hurt. Played footy as his main sport till 14, tried the soccer thing in Europe and didn't like it just wanted to come back to AFL. Said soccer feels like there's more room for individual brilliance so blokes were competing against each other rather than playing with each other, where as AFL its very much a team focused game. Believes the younger 2 brothers will both end up playing football, Alex is having a similar soccer/AFL thought process he went through and he's trying to push him to just jumping on the AFL rather than taking a soccer detour. Reckons Alex has potential to be a gun so he's hoping he joins him at Essendon.

2 years unregistered to be eligible as a Category B rookie.

I think Tom was trying to talk his brother into coming to Essendon though? So spake boncer after player sponsor night;
Potentially the Cat B list being reduced to 2 stuffed him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back