The Inevitable War - Keating goes bang

Remove this Banner Ad

May 8, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
Thing is the taiwanese dont want reunification.

<<< Majority reject unification: poll

By Chiu Yan-ling and Jonathan Chin / Staff reporter, with staff writer

An overwhelming majority of Taiwanese reject eventual unification with China, the results of a poll released yesterday by Taiwan Indicators Survey Research showed, with 66.4 percent opposed to it and only 18.5 percent in favor, while 15.1 percent remained noncommittal.

The poll also found that 50.4 percent of pan-blue respondents said they oppose unification, and that opposition to unification increases with youth, with 81 percent of those in the 20 to 29 age group saying that they oppose it.

The poll found 52.6 percent of respondents agreed that eventual independence should be Taiwan’s goal, with 30.9 opposed and 16.5 percent remaining noncommittal.

A cross-analysis of the poll showed that 74.7 percent of pan-green supporters and 30.6 percent of pan-blue supporters backed eventual independence, with 58.7 percent of pan-blues saying they are opposed to it.

Youth is correlated with approval for national independence, with about 72 percent of those in the 20 to 29 age group supporting independence, the cross-analysis found.>>>

Source: http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/front/archives/2016/05/31/2003647521#:~:text=An overwhelming majority of Taiwanese reject eventual unification,percent in favor, while 15.1 percent remained noncommittal.
Interesting. The Chinese are patient, they play the very long game.

Pessimistic

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts HBF's Milk Crate - 70k Posts TheBrownDog
Sep 13, 2000
Melbourne cricket ground. Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks
I think you mean the east timorese there sport ;)

We stepped in when they voted for independence and the indos started their usual brutality gig. Unfortunately for them beating up on professional soldiers wasnt as easy as beating on unarmed civvies and so once again they had their bottoms smacked by australia and they didnt appreciate it (again) slow learners… weve embarrassed them every time weve butted heads right back to the konfrontasi

Then of course we as the hero of the story blew it by bullying the newly formed east timor and signing them up to a very lopsided deal in the straits.

i get it…australia good….others baad

Jun 30, 2009
Deroesfromgero
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
east perth
i get it…australia good….others baad
You are one of those guys that only part reads a post before you see red and fire off a reply arent you?

from that post you didnt fully read:

<<<Then of course we as the hero of the story blew it by bullying the newly formed east timor and signing them up to a very lopsided deal in the straits.
>>>

Rob R

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
You are one of those guys that only part reads a post before you see red and fire off a reply arent you?

>>>
Timor oil deals were not good but a rather large difference between us negotiating changes when it was going to court and Xi who lost in court and decided to put bombers and missile batteries on the islands he stole and have his military ram fishing boats killing civilians.

On SM-G570F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Jun 30, 2009
Deroesfromgero
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
east perth
Timor oil deals were not good but a rather large difference between us negotiating changes when it was going to court and Xi who lost in court and decided to put bombers and missile batteries on the islands he stole and have his military ram fishing boats killing civilians.

Errrr our government used listening devices to see how far a corporation could push in the deal to get a bit more profit out of an impoverished brand new nation thst looked to us as their saviour and trusted us.

theres been a couple of times ive been truly ashamed to be australian and this is one of them.

we didn't use our intelligence services to spy on them to ensure they didnt go into an economic agreement with china.

We didnt use them to see isf they were going to sign a defence pact with indonesia

Our government used them so a privately owned corporation could screw a country that didnt have anything to stop us.

we stole off a 5 year old crippled kid who thought we were his friend and gave the money away to a very wealthy company that didnt need it.

if you arent ashamed of that act your moral compass is broken.

but im not finished yet, we are prosecuting the man who blew the whistle on this weak gutted lower than whaleshit act.

Rob R

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Errrr our government used listening devices to see how far a corporation could push in the deal to get a bit more profit out of an impoverished brand new nation thst looked to us as their saviour and trusted us.

theres been a couple of times ive been truly ashamed to be australian and this is one of them.

we didn't use our intelligence services to spy on them to ensure they didnt go into an economic agreement with china.

We didnt use them to see isf they were going to sign a defence pact with indonesia

Our government used them so a privately owned corporation could screw a country that didnt have anything to stop us.

we stole off a 5 year old crippled kid who thought we were his friend and gave the money away to a very wealthy company that didnt need it.

if you arent ashamed of that act your moral compass is broken.

but im not finished yet, we are prosecuting the man who blew the whistle on this weak gutted lower than whaleshit act.
Are you trying to say that is worse than Xis murders or just ignoring Xi's crimes?

Jun 30, 2009
Deroesfromgero
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
east perth
Are you trying to say that is worse than Xis murders or just ignoring Xi's crimes?

I dont like xi

hes a c-hunt.

if i could get away with slotting the pos i would

Happy?

Thing is id like to think we hold ourselves to a higher standard than a shitbox murderous dictator!!

Jun 30, 2009
Deroesfromgero
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
east perth
And we can't do that, we're at best a medium power - even that's unlikely. So instead of saying how high every time Xi says jump we just say nah. If we said how high there'd be little if no difference.
Or we could have not been americas lapdog, not sat there demanding the covid investigation - let some other country who doesnt utterly rely on china for its income say it

and agree.

and still quietly think the chinese government suck harder than paris hilton at a utensil convention - and buy nuclear subs and whatever else we need - with the money we are getting off them…….

Thats what i mean by walk softly and carry a big stick.

<<<Then of course we as the hero of the story blew it by bullying the newly formed east timor and signing them up to a very lopsided deal in the straits.
>>>
When you say "we" you mean the steaming dog s**t, *******s in the Liberal government don't you?

Howard, Abbott, Brandis.
Those pieces of s**t.

Moral-less *******s.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jun 6, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Pines Football Club
Or we could have not been americas lapdog

Always have and always will be, that's the gig of being a military partner of the current superpower.

What is your alternative then, be Xi's lapdog? Is that the path to less trade war? I doubt it, like I said we're the small kid in the schoolyard that won't take sh*t, or we take sh*t and suck Xi's dick and piss off the current big dawg in the schoolyard, that even though hasn't been our most honest ally but what choice do we have - is that the narrative?

Jun 30, 2009
Deroesfromgero
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
east perth
When you say "we" you mean the steaming dog sh*t, *******s in the Liberal government don't you?

Howard, Abbott, Brandis.
Those pieces of sh*t.

Moral-less *******s.
No im a huge fan of those dudes.

i have tshirts with their faces on them.

Stupid autocorrect always turns tp into tshirts…..

Jun 30, 2009
Deroesfromgero
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
east perth
Always have and always will be, that's the gig of being a military partner of the current superpower.

What is your alternative then, be Xi's lapdog? Is that the path to less trade war? I doubt it, like I said we're the small kid in the schoolyard that won't take sh*t, or we take sh*t and suck Xi's dick and piss off the current big dawg in the schoolyard, that even though hasn't been our most honest ally but what choice do we have - is that the narrative?
*Sigh

This whole thing started when we demanded an inquest into the start of covid.

my suggestion is to not do that.

The whole trade war stems from that.

Northalives

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 12, 2005
Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
PORT ADELAIDE
Just as a matter of interest do you know how many times weve had shooting wars and skirmishes with the indos?
From memory, the East Timor fight for independence but I seem to remember that we were on Indonesias "side" by not saying boo. I think Bill Hayden had supported Fretilin although Whitlam and successive Australian government's continued to keep quiet.

That's just from memory but what I do remember about East Timor like it happened yesterday, was that they were screwed big time by Howard and Downer over oil rights but as far as "shooting wars and skirmishes with the indos?", I don't reckon we ever have.

Northalives

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 12, 2005
Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
PORT ADELAIDE
Demonstrate this, please.
It's the right wing "sleepers" that are looking for some kind of boogie man to prop up Morrison and the far right in Australia - "woke left beholden to China"; hahahahahahhaaa ....... Honestly, there are revisionists and then there is Sky News and the zombies that repeat everything that those fascist pricks say. Those that regurgitate that crap just can't think for themselves so they use "woke" to try and cover up for their doziness.

Pessimistic

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts HBF's Milk Crate - 70k Posts TheBrownDog
Sep 13, 2000
Melbourne cricket ground. Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks
It's the right wing "sleepers" that are looking for some kind of boogie man to prop up Morrison and the far right in Australia - "woke left beholden to China"; hahahahahahhaaa ....... Honestly, there are revisionists and then there is Sky News and the zombies that repeat everything that those fascist pricks say. Those that regurgitate that crap just can't think for themselves so they use "woke" to try and cover up for their doziness.

Stating Morrison has not got a clue in international relations especially China = Member of Woke left whatever that is

I'm not so concerned what Xi does to his people so much as what Morrison is doing to us. Is this too subtle for 'some' to grasp?

Northalives

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 12, 2005
Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
PORT ADELAIDE
And we can't do that, we're at best a medium power - even that's unlikely. So instead of saying how high every time Xi says jump we just say nah. If we said how high there'd be little if no difference.
We never ever did that! We and China had a superb relationship before that piece of s**t wrapped in skin did Trump's dirty work to make himself look good and try and get some votes.

China did their thing as the USA does it's thing and we do, or should I say, used to do what is in our interests.

If you want to compare all the nasty things that China does with what the USA has done and continues to do, then you would be comparing a pebble to the sun, either way, their actions are for them and so long as they don't impact on us adversely, then as cold and callous as that may seem, that's what we have been doing for the vast majority of time.

It's the imbecile Morrison that finally broke the camel's back after the diplomatically incompetent LNP have been eroding away our relationship with our greatest and by far, our most important trading partner and you are blaming China for Morrison's grossly stupid and offensive behaviour?

The Supremacist Morrison didn't succeed in getting any more votes - the same f**k wits who always vote for him will always do so but he did succeed in losing votes by succeeding in destroying our relationship with China.

Jun 30, 2009
Deroesfromgero
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
east perth
From memory, the East Timor fight for independence but I seem to remember that we were on Indonesias "side" by not saying boo. I think Bill Hayden had supported Fretilin although Whitlam and successive Australian government's continued to keep quiet.

That's just from memory but what I do remember about East Timor like it happened yesterday, was that they were screwed big time by Howard and Downer over oil rights but as far as "shooting wars and skirmishes with the indos?", I don't reckon we ever have.
Well you would be wrong :

East timor we were on the east timorese side, indonesia had special forces acting as militias to try to intimidate the east timorese into not voting for independence- they were murdering and doing what indonesian soldiers seem to do best.

we headed a un peacekeeping force that went in very heavy handed

after the debacle in somalia we refused to do it the usual UN do nothing, wave the flag, stop or i shall be forced to say stop again approach, we went in aggressively patrolling and provoking contacts with the militia and killing them when they shot at civilians or our soldiers. Didnt take long before they funked off over the border with their tails between their legs.

that wasnt the first time - the first time was the konfrontasi in malaya

read more about that here:https://www.nma.gov.au/defining-moments/resources/indonesian-confrontation

Then theres a heap more smaller actions in png that neither side publicly acknowledge happened because we in each case flogged them like a red headed stepchild and they were crossing the border and basically deny they were involved.

Jun 30, 2009
Deroesfromgero
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
east perth
Yeah, remember that? The threat from Indonesia? That goes down as one of the dumbest things every said, that along with Honest John, Christian Crusader Blair and the brain dead George W that Iran had weapons of mass destruction and the bit I loved the most, that Saddam was best mates with Bin Laden!!

I reckon that the people we should really be afraid are the Tongans. A huge proportion of them are members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and aren't to be trifled with. Have you seen the size of some of those Tongan rugby players? Gee, I hope our nuclear subs are ready before they decide to invade and eat all our trifles?
So, you werent aware that weve been in one full shooting war with indonesia, a bunch of undeclared skirmishes and a UN peacekeeping mission that enforced kicking them out of a country that didnt want them in it.

yet you still had a strong opinion based on????

Indonesia WAS an aggressively expansionist country - not so these days

good article here on our lack engagement with the governments since suharto:

Hit reader view to get around the signup^^^

Last edited:

ExcitementMachine

Premiership Player
Aug 5, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
When you say "we" you mean the steaming dog sh*t, *******s in the Liberal government don't you?

Howard, Abbott, Brandis.
Those pieces of sh*t.

Moral-less *******s.

Not everything is about you.
They are not central to the thread, and many of those who admonish them in the context of this thread are also pointing out their irrelevance.

His first sentence is where you need to take heed'.

'You are one of those guys that only part reads a post before you see red and fire off a reply arent you'?

That's you as much as anyone on the SRP threads.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back