Streaming The Netflix Thread

Streaming Television

speedy

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 5, 2001
Melbourne, VIC
AFL Club
North Melbourne
They have sweet FA Dolby Atmos content. it'll only be in the 4K movies and apparently, the Dolby Atmos logo will be in the description. But I'm yet to see it.
So it’s not just me. I have a Sonos sound bar and am trying to test some Dolby atmos content on it. I even upgraded my Netflix subscription. There is plenty of 4K content but have yet to see any Dolby atmos as you said.

Oct 9, 2003
Singapore / 30,000 feet
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Eagles (NFL), Suns (NBA)
Binged through the Billion Dollar Code last night. Thought I'd start with just ep1 but plowed through all of it. This is up my alley because I work in tech, it's based on a true story about Google stealing the code from a German startup to create Google Earth (although not a totally accurate depiction according to Wikipedia). I quite enjoyed it.

Jan 14, 2002
AFL Club
Richmond
Binged through the Billion Dollar Code last night. Thought I'd start with just ep1 but plowed through all of it. This is up my alley because I work in tech, it's based on a true story about Google stealing the code from a German startup to create Google Earth (although not a totally accurate depiction according to Wikipedia). I quite enjoyed it.
Yeah, I binged it last week and really enjoyed it too, although it's made me feel guilty for using so many of Google's applications over the years. As they say, if you're not paying for the product, you are the product.

Oct 9, 2003
Singapore / 30,000 feet
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Eagles (NFL), Suns (NBA)
Yeah, I binged it last week and really enjoyed it too, although it's made me feel guilty for using so many of Google's applications over the years. As they say, if you're not paying for the product, you are the product.
No surprise that they got rid of their "Don't be evil" mantra a few years ago. Can't even look themselves in the mirror any more.

Even before I saw the show I'd started weening myself off Google. e.g I use DuckDuckGo for search now because it's private and unfiltered, as opposed to Google search which only returns what they want you to see.

Liberator... top notch WW2 story, seriously worth a watch.

It is live action painted over film obviously due to budget, artistic constraints, really good way to spend 4 hours, great pay off.
I’ve seen this one as well, not bad at all. Took me a while to get used to the effects.

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
I am not sure if anyone has read the books or if the TV show has diverged but him being able to somehow crawl out of these situations continually after 3 is a bit absurd.
I've not read them, but how fake the show has become is ridiculous.

He wears his invisible hat and nobody sees a thing.

Blue Arrow

Club Legend
Feb 22, 2019
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
The Renegades, Vics
Inside Job, sort of a lightweight Rick & Morty. Funny so far two episodes in.

Tiger King 2 was actually worth it in terms of not being a rehash. Few new faces, the same backstabbing and plotting, worth a watch and leaves scope for S3 in a couple years later, which I will watch since I am a moron.
Yeah I just don't think I can stomach it

Apr 6, 2005
La Côte d'Azur
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Everton FC
Watching Army of Thieves. It's pretty average but worth it just for Ruby O. Fee alone.

1637395863289.png

Back