Totally nuffy things you have done or will do now that we have won a premiership (finally)

Got an update that my order was shipped (including cheeseboard!) So just the indefinite wait until it suddenly shows up. I love surprises!
Did you get a tracking? Didn’t on mine

mrmonkey

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 3, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
I'm still waiting on my gf DVD I purchased from the afl store, my hoodie and stubbie holder came in but still waiting on that DVD. I emailed them yesterday just to double check because the app says everything was delivered. They said they expected it to be delivered in November or December. I'm still waiting on pre ordered items from the Demon shop one t-shirt, a premiership guernsey and another stubbie holder (which I will give to my old man). I also think I'll get him a premiership cap and I want to get a beanie and polo shirt.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Ogodogodogodogodogod

thanks to my stupid bet type thing I have to get a premiership Tattoo. I’m booked for Sunday, November 22.I’m working through the biggest website of every type of font imaginable and debating colours with my partner who finds this all hilarious.

Ogodogodogodogodogod

thanks to my stupid bet type thing I have to get a premiership Tattoo. I’m booked for Sunday, November 22.I’m working through the biggest website of every type of font imaginable and debating colours with my partner who finds this all hilarious.

Full back recreation of TigerDD's Petracca goal artwork.

Ogodogodogodogodogod

This one looks good!!

1635722639200.png

AmericanAFL

Cancelled
Shiny Penny
Oct 8, 2018
Near Philly
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
Ogodogodogodogodogod

Pics or it didn’t happen.

In all seriousness, enjoy!!

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Full back recreation of TigerDD's Petracca goal artwork.
Nice! I’ve been focussed on minimum pain though and that sounds like a long torture session. Though now I think of if I am much more relaxed with this plan than the dental check that I’m meant to have the day before

givemethecure

All Australian
Jul 13, 2009
Bendigo
AFL Club
Melbourne
I got my tattoo last week. Was fun getting tattooed again - hadn't had a new on since maybe 2011? In any case, I will eventually upload a pic once totally healed. Maybe.

Edit: also my cap and t shirts arrived. The shirts are extremely ugly and will go in the drawer with the Sunday newspapers/record/etc

Imet Hassa

All Australian
Aug 18, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
New thread please!
Sadly I have also been rewatching the season and we were playing nowhere near the way we did later. Top this off by listening to old podcasts analysing each win after the viewing. I find having the various radio GF broadcasts on while working beautifully therapeutic, especially the commentary writing us off midway into the third.
I don’t want to let it go but fear I may have become a tad obsessional. It is possible I may need to get a life.

May 2, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
Sadly I have also been rewatching the season and we were playing nowhere near the way we did later. Top this off by listening to old podcasts analysing each win after the viewing. I find having the various radio GF broadcasts on while working beautifully therapeutic, especially the commentary writing us off midway into the third.
I don’t want to let it go but fear I may have become a tad obsessional. It is possible I may need to get a life.
Nothing wrong with playing your best footy in the final third of the season, when the heat goes up.

Lap it all up until the new season starts, we’re the best team in the AFL.

mrmonkey

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 3, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
I just realised something nuffy about myself, I can recall an event in my life if Melbourne played on the day or night. On the weekend I went to the in-laws house to catch up, we couldn't exactly work out the last time we visited. My partners brother was adamant that we visited on his birthday at first this was denied by everyone but it occurred to me that we did visit them when Melbourne played port Adelaide on a Thursday night. I checked the fixture and sure enough it lined up with my partners brother's birthday which was July 8 which would have been just before lockdown. My partners mum still wasn't sure but I was 100% confident because of that game. It's definitely going to sad when I'm old and get alzheimer's disease, I won't remember my wife's name but will remember celebrating Melbourne's round 2 victory over North Melbourne in 1998 and jumping on my mates bed in excitement (I was 11 at the time)

I just realised something nuffy about myself, I can recall an event in my life if Melbourne played on the day or night. On the weekend I went to the in-laws house to catch up, we couldn't exactly work out the last time we visited. My partners brother was adamant that we visited on his birthday at first this was denied by everyone but it occurred to me that we did visit them when Melbourne played port Adelaide on a Thursday night. I checked the fixture and sure enough it lined up with my partners brother's birthday which was July 8 which would have been just before lockdown. My partners mum still wasn't sure but I was 100% confident because of that game. It's definitely going to sad when I'm old and get alzheimer's disease, I won't remember my wife's name but will remember celebrating Melbourne's round 2 victory over North Melbourne in 1998 and jumping on my mates bed in excitement (I was 11 at the time)
😍

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Rewatching old matches with all available commentaries plus hitting the older podcasts again is a life of sorts though. Well it is the one I’m leading at present anyway.

Back