Gym & Misc General Health and Fitness Thread

I thought juices really arent that good for you either tho..

at the days end nothing other than water is good for you.

juice wise, reckon ive heard people say "why dont you just eat an apple/orange. how about you shut the * up?

First year playing footy and already have got trials with northern knights, they are on Thursday. I’m lowkey scared because I have tight calf’s from Friday, might go on a light run tomorrow not sure yet.

Jun 19, 2011
MCG
AFL Club
Hawthorn
First year playing footy and already have got trials with northern knights, they are on Thursday. I’m lowkey scared because I have tight calf’s from Friday, might go on a light run tomorrow not sure yet.
Good luck mate. Remember, getting picked in their squad is the easy part. Working hard enough to stay there is the hard part.

Good luck mate. Remember, getting picked in their squad is the easy part. Working hard enough to stay there is the hard part.
Yeah, I’ve played soccer my whole life (apart from auskick) so I’m pretty happy where I’m at rn, cause I’m a girl I think I have the talent to make it. Honestly if I don’t play a single game I’ll still be stoked to just go through that experience.

May 2, 2007
WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chicago Bears, de Boer, Arsenal
I'm not gonna go all spartan or anything haha I'll still eat a bit but I'm experimenting with cutting back on just eating too much crap, stuff like crackers and dips, biscuits, potato chips stupid and totally unnecessarily stuff like eating instant noodles near bedtime after I've already had a big healthy meal..

I'm not gonna go all spartan or anything haha I'll still eat a bit but I'm experimenting with cutting back on just eating too much crap, stuff like crackers and dips, biscuits, potato chips stupid and totally unnecessarily stuff like eating instant noodles near bedtime after I've already had a big healthy meal..
Night eating kills me. Any sort of activity plus soda water can help at night, otherwise I basically eat a second dinner.

Night eating kills me. Any sort of activity plus soda water can help at night, otherwise I basically eat a second dinner.
night eating my lover and nemesis

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
This popped up on my youtube algorithm this morning and just finished watching it, I had never heard of this fella but what he said resonated with me along with confirming a lot of what I had already learnt, 3 and a half hours long but it is timestamped if you want to skip to segments that interest you.

Chris Hinshaw is one of the world's leading experts on endurance and aerobic capacity. He has trained 30 CrossFit Games champions, along with a series of Olympians, professional surfers, and Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu world champions.

Chris Hinshaw is the founder of aerobiccapacity.com, and is widely considered one of the top endurance coaches in the world. Chris is known internationally for his extensive knowledge and practical experience developing aerobic capacity in athletes of all experience levels using his comprehensive, cutting edge approach to training.

For me its snacking.

Last night i managed to avoid the chips and choc, had weetbix banana and skim milk instead.

Idk maybe i should just go to bed at 8pm every night to avoid the extra snacking lol

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
Back into Yoga yesterday and Pilates this morning after 2 weeks off (1 week in home isolation) due to Covid.

2-3 days were pretty bad, extremely sore throat, Phlegmy cough, lethargic as hell and muscle fatigue, after that initial few days I would describe the next 3-4 days as like a mild cold. I take a vitamin and mineral powdered supplement anyway but I upped my doses of Vitamin D, C and Zinc as soon as I had symptoms and feel that this helped.

Coolangatta

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 27, 2007
Western Australia
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Due to my dog's degenerative disk disease rehabilitation, my exercise schedule has been flipped upside down. The best I can manage for now with strength training (limited equipment) is one full-body workout a week within about an hour. I was wondering if anyone could offer me some feedback on my routine:

Zercher squats 3 x 8-12
Dumbbell incline press 3 x 8-12
Deadlift 1 x 5-10
Overhead Press 3 x 8-12
Barbell Rows 3 x 8-12

That should cover most major muscle groups.

During the week, the most I can manage is 20-30 minute intervals mixing bike and bodyweight/weight work with lighter loads.

I was wondering how I could progress on my bike schedule. My HIIT conditioning needs to improve.

Yesterday I did (on the bike):

5-minute warm-up, 20 seconds full speed, 40 seconds rest x 8, 5 minutes cool down.

I could reduce rest/speed times, increase the resistance dial, or add more sets. Let me know what you think.

Nov 26, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond

what interested me was at the bottom:

"Co-authors include: Bin Tang, Anne Heaton, David J. Moore and Michael Higgins, all at UC San Diego; Laura M. Campbell, Joint Doctoral Program in Clinical Psychology, San Diego State University/UC San Diego; Spencer Gabin, University of San Diego; and Joel Swendsen, National Center for Scientific Research, University of Bordeaux and Ecole Pratique des Hautes Etudes PSL Research University.

Funding for this research came, in part, from the National Institute of Mental Health."

Cheers 🍻

Back