Training Summer Footy Fix - 2022 training watch

This morning, hoping for a footy fix I detoured via Waverley on my way to the Dandenong Ranges. Much to my delight there were 8 players on the ground. CJ was making running laps look effortless and Dylan Moore was doing repeated 100 metres runs. Chad, Kosi, Ned, Scrim, Sis and Worps were doing a decision making and agility exercise in pairs followed by running. They then spread out for a 30 metre kicking exercise and were joined by CJ. The kicking was sharp with very impressive accuracy. Sis was outstanding with the most powerful spearing kicks.

Worps said hello and I spoke briefly with him. He said the boys are really looking forward to 2022. He told me to look forward to a better year and I said watching the way the BHH played this year gave me a lot of confidence. Dylan said he achieved the goals he set himself for 2021 and is training hard to further improve his game. The boys looked fit and motivated with a steely resolve. I'm excited.

SuperSic

All Australian
Oct 16, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
This morning, hoping for a footy fix I detoured via Waverley on my way to the Dandenong Ranges. Much to my delight there were 8 players on the ground. CJ was making running laps look effortless and Dylan Moore was doing repeated 100 metres runs. Chad, Kosi, Ned, Scrim, Sis and Worps were doing a decision making and agility exercise in pairs followed by running. They then spread out for a 30 metre kicking exercise and were joined by CJ. The kicking was sharp with very impressive accuracy. Sis was outstanding with the most powerful spearing kicks.

Worps said hello and I spoke briefly with him. He said the boys are really looking forward to 2022. He told me to look forward to a better year and I said watching the way the BHH played this year gave me a lot of confidence. Dylan said he achieved the goals he set himself for 2021 and is training hard to further improve his game. The boys looked fit and motivated with a steely resolve. I'm excited.

You and Axeman are the people's heroes mate. Love the updates and can't wait to read many more over the coming months.

Sic and Chad down there working hard well before they're due back at the club is darn good to hear. They're clearly very invested.

CJ and Moorey leaving no stone unturned in the pursuit of further improvement is also marvellous to hear. Those two lads are going to be serious players for our club. Also, I think Worps has become a bit of a forgotten man, he still has the capacity to be a top tier midfielder IMO. I'm hoping Sammy gives him a better role this season to allow him to grow.

Bring on pre-season and 2022!

Mrzohs

Premiership Player
Oct 9, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Awesome thanks legend, i just jumped online tonight and i was wondering when some form of training starts.

-I would love to see Sicily & Wingard play every game next season with W.Day.
- Great to see the next young core group together - Cj,Worps,Scrims,Moore,Kosi, Ned. A big season ahead for all.
Cheers Houdini

Thanks HH. Great as always.

Can you confirm that Chad was definitely present, and it was definitely the Hawthorn training you went t? I'm pretty sure some on here were advising he was committed to moving back to Adelaide?

CaptainWorpedo

Club Legend
Feb 15, 2021
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Great timing, look forward to the training reports this year. Thank you, an to Axeman and Co for your efforts and reports.

CHUBBSS

Premiership Player
Apr 6, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Greatest thing I’ve read for months, unreal!

Sounds like the new leadership group is coming through…

Thanks HH. Great as always.

Can you confirm that Chad was definitely present, and it was definitely the Hawthorn training you went t? I'm pretty sure some on here were advising he was committed to moving back to Adelaide?
I can confirm Chad was definitely present. I thought he looked the most focused in the decision making and agility exercise. Chad finished this season really strongly and he appears to be motivated to have a big 2022. With Chad winning AA selection and enjoying playing finals in a team with an attacking and offensive game style, I think it's likely he'll delay any possible commitment to moving back to Adelaide.

FactsNotBS

If you can't say anything nice...
Aug 21, 2020
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Always Hawthorn. Just kidding GC.
You and Axeman are the people's heroes mate. Love the updates and can't wait to read many more over the coming months.

Sic and Chad down there working hard well before they're due back at the club is darn good to hear. They're clearly very invested.

CJ and Moorey leaving no stone unturned in the pursuit of further improvement is also marvellous to hear. Those two lads are going to be serious players for our club. Also, I think Worps has become a bit of a forgotten man, he still has the capacity to be a top tier midfielder IMO. I'm hoping Sammy gives him a better role this season to allow him to grow.

Bring on pre-season and 2022!
Agree, great to hear the pre-season training updates. Don't seem to get much from the club as I guess staff are on holiday and what they do do, is quite limited. This kind of fan update is awesome. Gee don't we miss footy during the off season? Thanks guys.

22 November: First-to-fourth year players return for pre-season

6 December: All other players return for pre-season

Jul 21, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill Hawks
watching the way the BHH played this year gave me a lot of confidence. Dylan said he achieved the goals he set himself for 2021 and is training hard to further improve his game. The boys looked fit and motivated with a steely resolve. I'm excited.
Thanks for the report mate, best uplifting thing that's happened all week

Saunders and Lewis have beefed up a bit.

C9EE24A5-F1C3-4F67-B5E1-C5CB67828C1F.jpeg

May 28, 2007
Hobart
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Good to see

Gunners looks fit
Finn back
Brocky in Victoria
Lewis bigger & got some nice def
Will day
DGB & behind him Seamus