FTA-TV Doctor Who

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh man I love season 17! Even better with Shada - but then I'm a sucker for Douglas Adams' style of writing and humour. God, he'd have been amazing if he'd lived long enough to write a script for Steven Moffat!

Ordered!

Oh man I love season 17! Even better with Shada - but then I'm a sucker for Douglas Adams' style of writing and humour. God, he'd have been amazing if he'd lived long enough to write a script for Steven Moffat!

Ordered!
Yep fantastic season, but hey what do I know about Doctor Who..

Season 17 the next one to get the blu-ray treatment.

Not one of my favourite seasons to be honest, aside from City of Death it's a rather drab and mediocre season (Destiny is probably the worst classic series Dalek story)

It's far from the best Dalek story but is Destiny worse than The Chase, or Resurrection? To me, Resurrection is woeful - so much terrible dialogue and some really dreadful acting, and tonally it's way off base.

It's far from the best Dalek story but is Destiny worse than The Chase, or Resurrection? To me, Resurrection is woeful - so much terrible dialogue and some really dreadful acting, and tonally it's way off base.
Destiny could probably get a pass mark if not for the Movellans being the most ludicrously easy baddie to disable. I mean seriously...

Resurrection is arguable, but I adore The Chase, hammy cheesy nonsense with a beautiful farewell to Ian and Barbara.

I guess apart from everything else, arguably aside from City of Death, of even Tommy Boy was somewhat taking the piss, is that The leading actor who played the Doctor was phoning it in in most of season 17 stories, especially Creature From The Pit and Horns of Nimon, with a couple of notable examples from the Nightmare of Eden (a story I actually like and rate)

Wow, no spoilers but what a season opener !
Absolutely had everything. Loved it.

Your little town got a shout out. ;)

Did enjoy all the football references in the ep.

Your little town got a shout out. ;)

Did enjoy all the football references in the ep.

Yes I almost certainly did.

Really pleased with John Bishop's debut as the show, seems a much better fit with The Doctor and Yaz than Ryan and Graham

Great ep, introduced a lot so I get the feeling re-watching once it's all out things will make more sense. Really enjoyed the vibe though.

Big fan on that episode. Not much stuffing around, things ticked along nicely. Bishop's character is well done, as is his performance.

JW and CC are leaving arent they? Hopefully the season is a solid way to finish off what's been a bumpy few seasons.

Big fan on that episode. Not much stuffing around, things ticked along nicely. Bishop's character is well done, as is his performance.

JW and CC are leaving arent they? Hopefully the season is a solid way to finish off what's been a bumpy few seasons.

Not at the end of this season, after three specials next year I believe.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watched it and enjoyed it

Mostly

Will watch again next week with more interest than I expected. I really like a multi-part/episode story that rolls along

While I didnt like the dog section as a concept about mans best friend it was fine

Bishop started off with a bang

Some nice eggs to look out for but hopefully Doctor! Dan! Doctor. Dan. Doctor Dan - doesnt become Doctor Danna all over again

Watched it and enjoyed it

Mostly

Will watch again next week with more interest than I expected. I really like a multi-part/episode story that rolls along

While I didnt like the dog section as a concept about mans best friend it was fine

Bishop started off with a bang

Some nice eggs to look out for but hopefully Doctor! Dan! Doctor. Dan. Doctor Dan - doesnt become Doctor Danna all over again
One of the writers must have been watching Daft Punk beforehand :grimacing:

It was ok. John Bishop opened up his range - the storyline was suitably off the grid

But again it felt like the solution was rushed.

And the cliffhanger only works if there is real peril - which was snuffed out 5 minutes later with the ''next week its Cybermen''

Will continue watching

It was great. Jodie is really getting to grips with the character and it's a great shame that she and Chibnall are coming good at the tail end of their era. I think Chibnall is much better suited to this long-form story telling than a season told in individual episodes.

Awesome episode.

Really enjoyed that and finally a unique exploration of a time plot with them reliving aspects of their lives. Good excuse to get a bit of backstory on Vinder as well as his partner.

Next episode looks a cracker too, finally a return of the Angels to their mystique not really seen since their debut (or Angels Take Manhattan I guess).

Still very much bugged by Jo Martin's Doctor having a police box TARDIS, and really hope we get an explanation for that at some point. Also was anyone else hoping Yaz would be a shimmer over Susan/Master/Rani? Would have been a nice shout out.

Doctor 1 : Susan, Barbara & Ian (right from episode 1)

Doctor 4/5 : Tegan, Nyssa & Adric

Barbara, Ian and Vicki as well after Susan leaves, so quite a long run of 3 companions.

My first Christopher Eccleston audio boxset from Big Finish finally arrived in the mail.

Unfortunately I won't be able to listen to it till I get home, for more than a week Mum has been in hospital with a heart and lung complaint (which has really made me anxious, stressed and depressed) so I have been staying over at her house to house sit our cat Leela (no prizes for guessing whom i named the Furry Munckin after)

images

The Good news is Mum is feeling a lot better now and touchwood, should be discharged early afternoon tomorrow. Still got a backlog of other purchases BF and BBC Target audio books/cd's I have not listened to yet, could have listened to The Ravages on my BF audio app, but I wanted to wait for the physical/cd copy to arrive. Really wish Eccleston could return for the 60th anniversary special, but in his words, it's not going to happen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back