News Jnr Rioli - He’s back.

Remove this Banner Ad

What would he have got if he didn’t tamper? What would the penalty be for the positive pot test ?

I think 6 months was the maximum I saw somewhere.

He's lucky the 2 tampering charges and the positive match day test all got served concurrently.

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1
I see Eddie Betts is giving back to the community & the game:

Is it possible to free Willie in the NT comp with an eye to 2022 & the Eagles. I'm not sure if Willie is one of those who find a preseason hard work & playing much, much easier.

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
I see Eddie Betts is giving back to the community & the game:

Is it possible to free Willie in the NT comp with an eye to 2022 & the Eagles. I'm not sure if Willie is one of those who find a preseason hard work & playing much, much easier.

Can anyone post the West article about Willie's pre season fitness program?

Dec 8, 2006
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
I think 6 months was the maximum I saw somewhere.

He's lucky the 2 tampering charges and the positive match day test all got served concurrently.

Willie is the luckiest bloke in football. Two years for multiple tampering charges, take that and run (through the guts before hitting JK on the chest).

BeornJ

Premiership Player
Sep 17, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Okay guys, cool it down.

No need to break a sweat fanning the flames of conflict.

Let's do something to break the ice and chill out.

Sep 7, 2009
Bull Creek WA
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Real Madrid, Man City, GS Warriors
West Coast star Willie Rioli has made a significant transformation from a part-time athlete living interstate to professional footballer with his hard work since the start of pre-season now clearly evident.

Rioli emerged from the club’s Christmas break in the best condition witnessed publicly since he returned from a two-year suspension for tampering with a urine sample.

The 26-year-old has shed the bulk of the weight he gained while living on the Tiwi Islands throughout his suspension. With two months until round one, he is now ideally placed to attack training sessions in a bid to reach similar fitness levels to the ones he displayed during his last appearance on an AFL field in September 2019.

Rioli’s ability to run and cover ground for the Eagles was crucial to their 2018 premiership. He ran 14.8km on grand final day - the second largest tally by a West Coast player behind only tagger Mark Hutchings.

He also ran more than 14km in his last AFL game - the 2019 elimination final win over Essendon at Optus Stadium.

The dynamic forward broke down with soft tissue injuries when attempting to re-build his body upon returning to the Eagles midway through last season.

West Coast had been hopeful of him being fit to play in round 23 given that was when his suspension ended.

But having spent nearly two years running by himself and without access to AFL facilities or staff, the challenge of returning to elite sport proved to be too big.

Rioli has used the extra time over pre-season to gradually build himself up and the benefits are now showing.
While it is clear he still has work to do compared to many of his chiselled teammates, his summer progress bodes well for having an impact upon his return to the AFL when West Coast opens their season against Gold Coast in round one.

He's baaaaaack!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feb 26, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Like a new recruit. Will make a massssive difference to our forward setup.

Not worried about his 2 years off as long as has a full pre-season he shoud be close to his best.

A fit Yeo will be something to be excited about.
Rioli back
Yeo fit
Shuey (hopefully) fit
SPS to maybe unlock some potential that saw him drafted at 6

That's 4 very dynamic players that either didn't or barely featured across our last 2 years so there's lot to get excited about in 2022

Luuuc

Premiership Player
Jun 26, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Wildcats, Perth Lynx
Rioli back
Yeo fit
Shuey (hopefully) fit

That's 4 very dynamic players that either didn't or barely featured across our last 2 years so there's lot to get excited about in 2022
Hell yeah.
It's pre-season and the glass is half full baby!
MWTOTY.png

WCE_phil

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 14, 2009
perth
AFL Club
West Coast
If only the season wasn’t continually derailed by COVID protocols leaving us with with a bunch of ammos filling gaps all over the field. 🤪

I guarantee if you took the top 10 ammo's players from around the state and replaced the bottom 10 of our list with them we'd be in better shape. A lot of guys who could play WAFL and would be amongst the top players play in other leagues as the money is much, much better.

When the club was in much better shape the Donnybrook Dons between 98-00 (threepeat) had 3 ex eagles players (not spuds either) plus Peter Worsfold running around and that was just one club in the SWFL. All cash payments too. They weren't the only players paid to come play from elsewhere either.

In more recent years the GSFL and the Kalgoorlie football league have paid significant amounts to players to go play for them that would dominate the WAFL. A lot of WA guys who don't get drafted do give up the dream, go to uni and play footy on the weekend to pay their way through uni and have a good time. 4-5 guys travel in the car, play and come back the same day.

Jan 13, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
I guarantee if you took the top 10 ammo's players from around the state and replaced the bottom 10 of our list with them we'd be in better shape. A lot of guys who could play WAFL and would be amongst the top players play in other leagues as the money is much, much better.

When the club was in much better shape the Donnybrook Dons between 98-00 (threepeat) had 3 ex eagles players (not spuds either) plus Peter Worsfold running around and that was just one club in the SWFL. All cash payments too. They weren't the only players paid to come play from elsewhere either.

In more recent years the GSFL and the Kalgoorlie football league have paid significant amounts to players to go play for them that would dominate the WAFL. A lot of WA guys who don't get drafted do give up the dream, go to uni and play footy on the weekend to pay their way through uni and have a good time. 4-5 guys travel in the car, play and come back the same day.
Could they run out an AFL game though?

Oct 29, 2007
Perth Western Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Rioli back
Yeo fit
Shuey (hopefully) fit

Kelly on his 3rd year ( takes most WC traded players that long to bit their straos lol)

Also hopefully Ryan and Gov back to thier best.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back