The Manager Merry-go-Round

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I was standing trial for sexually assaulting someone I would absolutely expect to be stood down from work until I have proven my innocence.

The implication if a player has the charges dismissed is that the player can now resume playing. Look at De Goey.
Not black and white for all workplaces.

Where I am if someone were to be stood down in our small consumer facing team then their role couldn’t just be covered by others. Would force a new hire, which then leaves questions if that person were to end up not guilty. Do you just sack the replacement? Does that person not get their job back?

I think for large business that have shareholders and public image considerations, and can easier handle worker absence it is not a bad practice but for small traders not so much

Not black and white for all workplaces.

Where I am if someone were to be stood down in our small consumer facing team then their role couldn’t just be covered by others. Would force a new hire, which then leaves questions if that person were to end up not guilty. Do you just sack the replacement? Does that person not get their job back?

I think for large business that have shareholders and public image considerations, and can easier handle worker absence it is not a bad practice but for small traders not so much

I think there are so many factors to it though. Would colleagues feel comfortable still working alongside the individual? Does it bring into question their right to a safe workplace? Does it bring the business's reputation into disrepute if there was a news story on the incident? I don't think it's as simple as some are trying to make it.

Back on the manager front. This gem. Man in line to be offered job could say yes. What's the Italian translation for Tom Browne?

Bobby Martinez picking you doesn't make you world class. Very good player but don't think he'd crack the likes of Liverpool, Chelsea or city's starting side whereas Bissouma could. If dan burn was up on the charges I doubt your club let's him play. Interesting moral decision made by Brighton choosing talent over what is right.

Just because you don't think so doesn't mean anything. Trossard was close to if not the MOM for the game v Liverpool.

So it's just those 3 teams that players have to be able to break into then to be considered better than very good. Liverpool, City and Chelsea.

So we're narrowing it down now as to what you think constitutes making a player world class. Must mean there's sod all world class players going around then.

Just because you don't think so doesn't mean anything. Trossard was close to if not the MOM for the game v Liverpool.

So it's just those 3 teams that players have to be able to break into then to be considered better than very good. Liverpool, City and Chelsea.

So we're narrowing it down now as to what you think constitutes making a player world class. Must mean there's sod all world class players going around then.
The terms there so they don't just grow on trees. Our CL finalist squad had probably 3 Max of that level. Brighton have 1 at best and he could be in jail soon enough. Trossard might keep improving and get there one day. But I doubt he is playing CL football next season. Maybe he gets a move after 2 consecutive very good years with you guys. But it's still early days you might fall off and finish bottom half again....

I think there are so many factors to it though. Would colleagues feel comfortable still working alongside the individual? Does it bring into question their right to a safe workplace? Does it bring the business's reputation into disrepute if there was a news story on the incident? I don't think it's as simple as some are trying to make it.
My boss didn't think it was appropriate for many industries/settings.
Argued there should be 2 yes/no questions and both no would mean the person should keep working.

1. Was the alleged offence committed at work, or to someone from work.
2. Does the offence impose immediate impediments to the ability to work. i.e. suspended driving licence for transport related work

He said his concern would be a not guilty verdict resulting in an unfair dismissal suit or claim for lost wage revenue whilst stood down.

The terms there so they don't just grow on trees. Our CL finalist squad had probably 3 Max of that level. Brighton have 1 at best and he could be in jail soon enough. Trossard might keep improving and get there one day. But I doubt he is playing CL football next season. Maybe he gets a move after 2 consecutive very good years with you guys. But it's still early days you might fall off and finish bottom half again....

I think you'll find Lamptey could fit quite comfortably into many of these sides you claim are the be all and end all.

See what you'll find is some players get overrated because of who they play for and others get wildly underrated because of who they play for.

One only has to watch the absolute wank coverage of the EPL and how they blow smoke up some players and teams arses to know that's how the system works.

Feel desperately sorry for Nuno. He was always going to be a caretaker/patsy type of short term manager at Spurs.

If I am Conte, I would stay well clear of Tottenham, better jobs at better clubs around Europe will open up down the track.

I think you'll find Lamptey could fit quite comfortably into many of these sides you claim are the be all and end all.

See what you'll find is some players get overrated because of who they play for and others get wildly underrated because of who they play for.

One only has to watch the absolute wank coverage of the EPL and how they blow smoke up some players and teams arses to know that's how the system works.
I like both Trossard and Lamptey but I don't think they're of the calibre of the absolute best in the league in their positions. That's why they play at Brighton still. I'm sure if they reach the levels to play in Europe then the bigger clubs will circle them. Unless of course Potter weaves his magic and gets you there this season.

Lamptey I'm sure will get to that level. Trossard might. Neither are at that level right now. Bissouma if he avoids jail is there already and it's why Liverpool were circling.

I wouldn't want any current player at Leeds playing for the club if they were charged and awaiting trial for sexual assault or rape, same with Carlton etc.

Some things are just more important than football, and taking a stand against violence against women (sexual or otherwise) is one of them

The football and sporting communities have done a lot of great strides in the last couple od decades to try stamp out racism/homophobia and bigotry out of the game, but violence against women amongst several professional players is still a grave concern of mine..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back