Resource Mental Health

Remove this Banner Ad

Too embarrassed to ask! I know he had a neck injury that cut his career short. I'll try and ask when I talk to her today.

Former Northern Blue, Kieran McGuinness.

Played 26 games for the Dogs in the early 2000's

My urologist is not here today. He is attending to urgent family business (after 2 weeks off, I get that things happen and I hope everyone is okay). My primary doctor here is on holiday and his stand in person is unwillling to make any decisions. I know for a fact that the uro is here on Fridays as that's when he performed my surgery but apparently they only get him once per week. I am stuck here for at least another week before they even determine what my plan is.

This is worse than being told we need you to stay while we trial a new medication or that I need surgery. At least that would be something. This is just nothing.

And to make matters worse I've been advised that weekend pass isn't a sure thing and not to expect it.

My urologist is not here today. He is attending to urgent family business (after 2 weeks off, I get that things happen and I hope everyone is okay). My primary doctor here is on holiday and his stand in person is unwillling to make any decisions. I know for a fact that the uro is here on Fridays as that's when he performed my surgery but apparently they only get him once per week. I am stuck here for at least another week before they even determine what my plan is.

This is worse than being told we need you to stay while we trial a new medication or that I need surgery. At least that would be something. This is just nothing.

And to make matters worse I've been advised that weekend pass isn't a sure thing and not to expect it.
Hang in there Wick. Not long to go, and given what you've been enduring for a number of years, it will likely be worth it. Hope you get the weekend pass to help time fly.

Great little article on Bailey Smith. For someone so young he's obviously experienced a fair bit but has a good way of putting things into perspective for himself.

Read it this morning. Love his motto. Great way to live and has helped me at times

Had my discharge meeting today even though I'm not going home.... yet.

Smashed all goals here (except bladder as need to see uro). Those set for life post hospital are all set up and ready to be knocked over there.

My diabetes is under control with medication only. They're really happy with it all. No need for finger prick tests or even the Libre (arm sensor). Just quarterly blood tests.

My physical health goals are all being smashed out and I'm healthier than I've been in years generally. Mental health gets a huge tick from my psychologist who said she's rarely, if ever, seen someone progress as much as me. The fact that I'm very social in the ward, always have good rapport with nurses, and have glowing reports from other patients has been amazing.

I've been given the all clear to do the back2work program and work again. They'll help me find a suitable job in my industry (probably marketing/communications manager in line with my experience and education) with the right supports in place to make it successful.

Also allowed to drive again on GP certificate.

I'll be discharged when uro is satisfied we've done all we can as an inpatient.

Bloody excited!

Smashed all goals here (except bladder as need to see uro). Those set for life post hospital are all set up and ready to be knocked over there.

My diabetes is under control with medication only. They're really happy with it all. No need for finger prick tests or even the Libre (arm sensor). Just quarterly blood tests.

My physical health goals are all being smashed out and I'm healthier than I've been in years generally. Mental health gets a huge tick from my psychologist who said she's rarely, if ever, seen someone progress as much as me. The fact that I'm very social in the ward, always have good rapport with nurses, and have glowing reports from other patients has been amazing.

I've been given the all clear to do the back2work program and work again. They'll help me find a suitable job in my industry (probably marketing/communications manager in line with my experience and education) with the right supports in place to make it successful.

Bloody excited!
All the best Wick. Appreciate your posts here. Inspiring.

All the best Wick. Appreciate your posts here. Inspiring.

Thanks.

Life is to be lived.

Fight for your dreams and your dreams will fight for you.

Bloody excited!
Smashing it like Liam Jones on a Selwood :clapping:

Bloody excited!
Oh wow great news mate...
Been a long time coming, so excited for you and the fam... :thumbsupv1:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks all.. people who play dr google and take it overboard suck.

I have a bladder and kidney check on Monday. That entails a cannula then blue isotope going through my body to see how well my bladder and kidney are functioning.

Google this: blue isotope bladder..

The results in the title on the first page are horrific. But I am healthier than I was 2 months ago, easily, I'm not dying yet family/friends have gone overboard on those results.

So they are checking to see what might be behind bladder issues, Wick? Now that diabetes is stable?

I've ticked all boxes except urology. Trying to find out why my kidneys are still swollen (have had a cath since August 4, they should have stopped being swollen) and what's going on with my bladder.

I had Cauda Equina Syndrome. With this the bladder and bowel usually become flaccid. There are other signs that I've had CES but for whatever reason instead of my bladder becoming flaccid it's done the opposite and tightened up. So it's "perplexing" to the head urologist. Need to find out why.

We do know that the prostate is in top shape so that's one relief.

Hoping doing the blue isotope provides the answers they're looking for. Otherwise, who knows what's next.

I wanted to lighten the mood a bit....

I'm currently in the nuclear medicine ward... as you all know that I'm da bomb that makes me a nuke!

I'll share more later but I hope everyone is doing well and if you're not warm, happy, thoughts your way!

I'm currently in the nuclear medicine ward... as you all know that I'm da bomb that makes me a nuke!

I'll share more later but I hope everyone is doing well and if you're not warm, happy, thoughts your way!
Grammar Nazi here. Commas have great significance. Why happy thoughts if not warm.
Currently watching old movie The Sum of All Fears……..plenty of nukes here too mate.

PS: Hoping it’s going well mate

Hope the results are fab for you Wick,
And you get a glowing report. (Groan!)

Well, I can tell you who wins the Melbourne Cup tomorrow...

Me!

Discharged tomorrow

Well, I can tell you who wins the Melbourne Cup tomorrow...

Me!

Discharged tomorrow

Best and happiest news to happen to our board this year (well maybe along with any posters who had babies)

Despite all our exciting list and off field personnel changes, I consider all the posters on our Navy Blue board (esp regulars like yourself) part of my extended network of friends and family (even those I regularly bicker and disagree with, and there has been quite a few)

Hope you enjoyed a wonderful cup day with your family Pal 👍👍👍

Remove this Banner Ad

Back