List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’d want to be better than Martin, Petracca, Bontompelli and Ablett Jnr combined

Not really, those players where worth that when drafted.

A lot of draft picks are overrated. I think that's fake news.

In retrospect Dusty was worth more. He was really worth at least four top 5 draft picks at the time. Bont was worth a lot to when one thinks about it and Petracca is just getting started.

Football is about winning premierships. Sure there are career players that rack up games and so forth but a lot of players can be role players at all sorts of picks

Last edited:
Let him go to Carlton, they have a history of inmates playing for the club, their best and fairest is named after one!

well the pies aren’t exactly squeaky clean regarding inmates, and whilst we are at it druggies we’re coached by an ex pie inmate

I'm starting to get really concerned with all the 'smoke' around here. A lot of rumours about us trading out picks 7 & 15 to move up a few spots in the draft. I feel this would be a HUGE mistake.

More than any other draft, beyond 4, the draftees are really a lottery based on exposed form. I think we are almost as likely to find a star at pick 28 as we are at 6. The players ability is just not as clear as they normally are, even with an amazing recruiting team like we have. If there was any year when having 5 players in the top 30 rather than a few in the top 20, its this year. The difference and certainty of selection is just not as concrete this year.

I'm surprised people are all for this. Obviously, nothing is certain with the draft but really, more and more, the really high midfield picks are your highest % pick. Also, I reckon our recruiters are skilled enough to do their job well. What draft pick was Dusty - Cotchin - Petracca - Bont - Walsh. Hopefully we won't be in a position to snare a pick 2-3-4 any time soon.

In like Finn I say

I'm surprised people are all for this. Obviously, nothing is certain with the draft but really, more and more, the really high midfield picks are your highest % pick. Also, I reckon our recruiters are skilled enough to do their job well. What draft pick was Dusty - Cotchin - Petracca - Bont - Walsh. Hopefully we won't be in a position to snare a pick 2-3-4 any time soon.

In like Finn I say

I'd say that we have a limit on what we'll trade. We've stuck to our guns for Cerra, CCJ etc so far. We're offering deals to get someone we see as a genuine A grade AFL player - they're worth gold. If we get outbid, oh well just pick good kids.

Even on draft day I reckon we'll have our specs and will be willing to trade if things look right. Otherwise we go for the best player we can get.

Using negotiation theory we've got a great BATNA (Best Alternative To a Negotiated Agreement). So if we don't get the deal we want we fall back onto the BATNA of a great draft haul. Don't get caught up in your own brilliance - make it clean and simple and the deals become easier.

In like Finn I say

The other thing is if we get Finn, others don't and then there is the knock on effect. People need to view these sliding door moments in terms of the chain reaction over the journey with pros and cons, not just the isolated event.

Part of this is what the other players prefer including the youngsters like RCD, Dow, Graham, Martyn, Ross, Bolton and Stack as well as Balta. Then there is what the doozy thinks about this to before he comes to our club

Last edited:
Part of this is what the other players prefer including the youngsters like RCD, Dow, Graham, Martyn, Ross, Bolton and Stack as well as Balta. Then there is what the doozy thinks about this to before he comes to our club
Classic Magic!
Dimma: " Go and get the young kids in the conference room for a meeting".

Hartley: " What about the senior players"?

Dimma: "No. Just the kids. I want to know what they think about us trading for pick 2." See if they agree with the idea or not."

"Oh, and give Tom Green a call. See what he thinks about it, too!"

Hartley:."Sure. Do you want me to sound out Ben King as well".

Dimma: "Yep! We need to know if he agrees with giving up our picks in such an important trade decision."

Classic Magic!
Dimma: " Go and get the young kids in the conference room for a meeting".

Hartley: " What about the senior players"?

Dimma: "No. Just the kids. I want to know what they think about us trading for pick 2." See if they agree with the idea or not."

"Oh, and give Tom Green a call. See what he thinks about it, too!"

Hartley:."Sure. Do you want me to sound out Ben King as well".

Dimma: "Yep! We need to know if he agrees with giving up our picks in such an important trade decision."

Well the older guys are already set, can teach old dogs new tricks and they will not be pushing for much change. Can't see JR and Lynch adjusting much so guys like Ralphsmith and co are more relevant. Gotta keep the youngsters motivated and not snuff them out if they make it from such empowerment. At the same time if they fail at later hurdles they know where the door is

The doozy will be more interested in the future going forward to

Last edited:
Had to put my dog down
If there's any consolation in shared misery, had to put mine down last weekend. Seemed fine after beating cancer a year ago, then bang, starts having seizures and lasted only 2 weeks after that, poor little feller. :(

If there's any consolation in shared misery, had to put mine down last weekend. Seemed fine after beating cancer a year ago, then bang, starts having seizures and lasted only 2 weeks after that, poor little feller. :(

same as my dog had his leg chopped off in Late feb , surgeon said it hadn’t spread anywhere else etc and he should be fine . 8 months later my vet tells me he had lung cancer and with a week had to put him down

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pick 7 - Rin Tin Tin
Pick 15 - Lassie
Pick 26 - Snoopy
Pick 27 - Toto
Pick 28 - Red Dog

Think the Doggies will match em - have had an eye on those for a long time! Just hope we don't go Felix, Snappy Tom, Grizabelle, Sylvester and Mr Bigglesworth - they are really pussies!

Can we keep the dead dog news out of the trade and free agency thread please?

Didn't realise this was a complete Western Bulldogs free zone.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back