Music The music thread

Remove this Banner Ad

and now for something completely different...
it's nice when one's deep interests converge :)
Buckeyes slaughtering Big10 rival, band tributes Rush at halftime, and script Ohio :thumbsu:

they've been doing the script Ohio for nearly 100 years and is one of my earliest sports memories
college bands do some of the hippest stuff in their shows and during games, bet they could utilize an oval real well. :)

That's really cool, I wish we could get creative with our locals instead of going with imports that don't quite cut it and/or Gil's daughters' favorite artist.

That's really cool, I wish we could get creative with our locals instead of going with imports that don't quite cut it and/or Gil's daughters' favorite artist.
I did think, “why can’t we do something with a great Geelong band?”, then googled Geelong bands and very quickly answered my own question

Question: who played on the wing at Geelong for 20 years and never got a kick?

Check this from the 1960s at Kardinia Park

I knew St Augustines very well, my family fostered kids from there for years and I used to ride the ponies they kept. Would have been a very worthwhile cause to donate to, is it still open?

On another thread… we are having Shitmas (a Christmas gig where you get each other terrible presents). We are also doing a Shitmas playlist. I need your suggestions for the worst ever songs to go on this playlist.

On another thread… we are having Shitmas (a Christmas gig where you get each other terrible presents). We are also doing a Shitmas playlist. I need your suggestions for the worst ever songs to go on this playlist.
Is it restricted to worst ever xmas songs? If so, there is a never ending list of those!

Here's a special for ya, just because you are so into Paper Lace. Sad thing is I sent it to my sis recently to remind of how extraordinary her music taste was growing up, she would sing 'Billy don't be a pillow'

How's this one, pretty visually bizarre

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I knew St Augustines very well, my family fostered kids from there for years and I used to ride the ponies they kept. Would have been a very worthwhile cause to donate to, is it still open?
I used to go to St Catherines, a small junior version of St Augustines. I recall getting my first bike at age 6 and riding away in summer along a country road back then to a house just before St Augustines. My mate and I were utterly convinced the house was owned by a witch. This woman completely dressed in black, including head net, would come out into the arden and look at us. We were freaked out by her. Turns out she was harmless and a lovely Italian lady who spoke very little English, but our imaginations, and her dog and her appearance led us to going for rides every day to 'The Witches House'.
I'm sure there must be some apt songs to go with these true stories.

Crazy Frog's take on Axel F.

Objectively Worst Song Ever

Not quite how Howlin' Wolf heard it I would say. Still the best way to do covers though; put your own stamp on it.

Speaking of Mr. Burnett, I recently watched an excellent documentary that included a lot of live Howlin' Wolf footage I'd never seen before:

Amazon product ASIN B08W2FNNR1
I watched it on Amazon, don't know how well that works in Aus, but there is a region 1 DVD out there and I can confirm a rip on Usenet.

And so you don't think I'm a complete knob, here's a great 1964 clip of the Wolf doing Smokestack Lightning:

Speaking of Mr. Burnett, I recently watched an excellent documentary that included a lot of live Howlin' Wolf footage I'd never seen before:

Amazon product ASIN B08W2FNNR1
I watched it on Amazon, don't know how well that works in Aus, but there is a region 1 DVD out there and I can confirm a rip on Usenet.

And so you don't think I'm a complete knob, here's a great 1964 clip of the Wolf doing Smokestack Lightning:

As soon as I read "Speaking of Mr. Burnett" I knew the intelligence of your post immediately.

Brilliant, thanks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back