Women's Footy Crows AFLW Season 2022 - Premiers; Got the Trophy, cop that AFL House 🖕🏼

Remove this Banner Ad

Everything you hear at those rallies is full blown cult logic. They'd take their stance to the end of the earth just like the people in Jonestown

Anyone who argues they are good nurses, remember this.

They are making the choice that the health of the most vulnerable people in society who can't get vaccinated does not matter. In other words, they want to be able to go to work, cooking with full blown covid in their systems and freely transmit it to ever they like. This is what they are asking for. Are they for real? To be honest, you really have to question whether they are suited for the job to begin with.

I wonder if the fact that they haven't dealt with a COVID outbreak and not had the ICU chockers like the eastern states have has anything to do with her stupid stance

I have had a few people suggest this. They just don't get it. The tinfoil hat people would have to come from the elements of society that have had the least exposure and no personal exposure. This is why antivaxx people exist to begin with. with each year that passes we drift towards another generation further from the measles, polio etc. Because they don't see it, they deem it not to exist therefor the vaccines are not needed. It also explaines why they jumped on the correlation between the rise in vaccines and the rise in ASD. You could show these people all the scientific and medical research in the world and they just won't believe it. To them its lying.

I wonder if the fact that they haven't dealt with a COVID outbreak and not had the ICU chockers like the eastern states have has anything to do with her stupid stance

750,000+ deaths in the US hasn't stopped people over there from any of this, so I doubt it.

Deni's mum is also a naturopath. Imagine being largely responsible for your daughter losing two careers?

I really liked the article about Erin Philips today and why she's going around again, there's no doubt in my mind that she loves the Adelaide football club and it is now "her" club, will Port try to poach her? Of course but I'm not sure if she'd be interested.

I really liked the article about Erin Philips today and why she's going around again, there's no doubt in my mind that she loves the Adelaide football club and it is now "her" club, will Port try to poach her? Of course but I'm not sure if she'd be interested.

I feel like I've heard her say a couple of times 'I'm a Crows girl now'. I doubt she ever pulls on a Port guernsy personally.

All supporter's love to back their players to the hilt, but it's really heartening to take a look at this thread and see the majority of Crows fans condemning Deni Vanhagen's irresponsible stance on getting vaccinated while working as a health professional.
Your women's program has proved to be the best in the country since the inception of the AFLW, there will no doubt be others who will happily put their hands up to take her list spot if she opts not to protect herself and others against the virus. Kudos the lot of yas.

Well better work by the club to see it get sorted after this past week
Oooof

“We would like to acknowledge and thank Deni for the significant contribution she has made to our women’s program over the past five seasons.”

Inactive but... I mean that sounds like delisted to me

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oooof

“We would like to acknowledge and thank Deni for the significant contribution she has made to our women’s program over the past five seasons.”

Inactive but... I mean that sounds like delisted to me

Sounds like option 1 from the vaccination policy which would entitle us to add a player to the list. Termination wasn't an option unless Deni agreed.

So the next date in the diary is 18 May:

Clubs can exercise any rights the Club may have at law to terminate the Player’s playing contract, but such rights are not to be exercised prior to 18 May 2022.

She’d still have friends in the club even those who are totally against her stupid stance, some certainly would’ve maybe fell out due to distracting a playing group that’s trying to avenge a GF loss, but it’s also naive to think she was the only one in the playing group who at least didn’t have hesitation/beliefs that weren’t always inline with mandatory vaccinations.

On the on-field side of things other than the experience she did have and would’ve filled with the absence of Ange Foley I had lots of doubt she would ever overcome that persistent knee injury that’s dogged her for 2 years anyway, so won’t miss much with her having lost significant movement in that leg and her ability to cover ground the only main consistent part of her game.

Last edited:
She’d still have friends in the club even those who are totally against her stupid stance, some certainly would’ve maybe fell out due to distracting a playing group that’s trying to avenge a GF loss, but it’s also naive to think she was the only one in the playing group who at least didn’t have hesitation/beliefs that weren’t always inline with mandatory vaccinations.

On the on-field side of things other than the experience she did have and would’ve filled with the absence of Ange Foley I had lots of doubt she would ever overcome that persistent knee injury that’s dogged her for 2 years anyway, so won’t miss much with her having lost significant movement in that leg and her ability to cover ground the only main consistent part of her game.
Yeah, this is likely to be true. I have a friend who is refusing to get vaxxed because they want novavax. I'm still friends with them, but I do think they are a bit weird and irresponsible now.

Well, she's made her choice, and this is the consequence. Freedom! :drunk:
I like that people have the choice, no one should be forced to do something against their will.
People just have to understand that with your choice comes consequences and in this case Choosing not to be vaccinated means you lose your job, and there's no point having a tantrum over it because you've known for quite some time what the consequence of not having the jab means for yourself and career.

The AFC have done exactly the right thing here. They expressed how good her service was to the club and have parted ways the correct way. They gave her time to make her choice or decision.
The club should be applauded with how well they've handled this tough situation.

There is a nuffie on main board deadset against the mandate but got jabbed only to keep his job, got covid, ended up in hospital, every argument to say his jabs helped him a lot, and he's still against it

Remove this Banner Ad

Back