AFL Player #26: Kaine Baldwin - Out for extended period with stress fracture in foot - 16/2

Remove this Banner Ad

26 - baldwin.jpg

Contract Status: Out of contract 2024
My Boy Draft 2024: Pick 33, Zach Package

Last edited by a moderator:
Mar 10, 2007
SAPMA Headquarters
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Queensland Reds, Melbourne Rebels
We have to lead the way in innovation! once upon a time the average FF was prob like 180cm in a few decades the average midfielder will be 200cm+ Due to Essendon midfield destroying the league with their 2 giant midfielders Baldwin & Cox :sweatsmile:

Henceforth known as BaldCox.

Aug 15, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
Taking the big bodied midfielder thing to ridiculous levels….
Is he any bigger than Bont and Cripps?

I think what Rendell was saying back when he was 15/16/17 he was playing as a midfielder then grew eDPS Did you happen to follow Baldwin real early or hear of this? Or did i mis hear Rendell or was he talking more crack pipe

eDPS

Premium Platinum
Nov 4, 2010
Melbourne - Eastern Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Is he any bigger than Bont and Cripps?

I think what Rendell was saying back when he was 15/16/17 he was playing as a midfielder then grew eDPS Did you happen to follow Baldwin real early or hear of this? Or did i mis hear Rendell or was he talking more crack pipe
Baldwin has been a big key forward for a long time, must be thinking of another player

blitzer

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 27, 2006
House
AFL Club
Essendon
Judging purely from these pictures but....wouldn't it be great if he could be the stand, wrestle and mark target that could play deep. That would fit so well with Jones who is the roaming type up the ground and Wright who probably operates best around the 50m arc type area but lacks the sheer physical strength to wrestle with the bigger defenders deep.
That would seem like a setup where we could play each to their strengths rather than shoe-horning them into a role which may not their best fit individually.

ILikeCheese

Senior List
Apr 24, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
Judging purely from these pictures but....wouldn't it be great if he could be the stand, wrestle and mark target that could play deep. That would fit so well with Jones who is the roaming type up the ground and Wright who probably operates best around the 50m arc type area but lacks the sheer physical strength to wrestle with the bigger defenders deep.
That would seem like a setup where we could play each to their strengths rather than shoe-horning them into a role which may not their best fit individually.

Hawkins mould for size and strength would be awesome

ghostdog

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 18, 2008
gondawanaland
AFL Club
Essendon
Geez I hope the B-Unit is AFL ready by R1. If he has a great season and we find ourselves cashed up and not having to chase Ben King at all, we'll be in such a good position...
to chase Tom Green.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aug 23, 2010
Information Superhighway
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Exers, Gryffindor, Rich+Ess AFLW, Tassie

Pre-season vid. Don't remember if he's been interviewed on the club website before 🤔

Back