MMA-UFC UFC 267

JG22

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 12, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
Haven’t seen any analysis but I’d assume the consensus feeling is Islam vs the winner of gaethje chandler. He’d do well to get the shot off that. But if Justin wins he’ll be waiting for his own title shot.

Don’t really love DC and his whole alliance with the aka team.

Haven’t seen any analysis but I’d assume the consensus feeling is Islam vs the winner of gaethje chandler. He’d do well to get the shot off that. But if Justin wins he’ll be waiting for his own title shot.

Don’t really love DC and his whole alliance with the aka team.
No disrespect to Oliveira but there's a contingent of fans that consider Makhachev the champ of the Lightweight division.

It's inevitable.

Aug 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Dagestanis??

I think he can do it but he’s fought one guy in the top five who’s thrown in on a few weeks notice. He has to earn it.

Fair point, maybe what he means is that most think Islam would beat Olivera right now (including me). I’m not as sure about Chimaev v Usman but I’d probably back Khamzat in the end as well.

Glovers win was a great story, and I’m still all in on Yan. I feel that fight was as high a standard of MMA as you’ll see, Sandhagen fought a great fight, Yan just too good.

checkraiseulite

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 23, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
not sure - know he was definitely supposed to fight leon edwards.

think khamzat matches up well against edwards, would rather see him fight burns.

azlou

Club Legend
Mar 31, 2010
hampton
AFL Club
Carlton
not sure - know he was definitely supposed to fight leon edwards.

think khamzat matches up well against edwards, would rather see him fight burns.
Khamzat is levels above the opposition he has fought but his future opponents are also levels above the opponents he’s fought so this it is where becomes interesting and enjoyable as a fight fan
He has an aura that creates doubt and hesitation and a skill set to capitalise him vs Usman is ppv ide pay for
I rate Usmans iq all round game and athletic ability also timing and power but he’s got to have some wear and tare
You’re right him and burns is the fight to make

JG22

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 12, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
Khamzat was meant to fight Leon who’s like the number two contender.

He could have got a title shot off of that, he has significant pull so if he continues to win he’ll be fighting for a championship soon.

Oct 9, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Khamzat was meant to fight Leon who’s like the number two contender.

He could have got a title shot off of that, he has significant pull so if he continues to win he’ll be fighting for a championship soon.
I'm just hoping they don't throw Diaz in there just because he won't extend his contract like Dana is talking about doing. Would be completely one sided

Aug 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Because Nate has one fight left on his contract and uncle D would want to make Nate look bad before Nate shops around, while making Khamzat look amazing on his journey to the belt.

That’s true, but I reckon saving him for a McGregor fight would make more sense (and money). But hey I’m sure Dana knows more about promoting MMA than I do ha ha

Aug 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Diaz v Ponz/Lawler/Magny/Condit/Neal/D-Rod
Khamzat v Luque/Wonderboy/Burns

All of those options are better than Diaz/Khamzat

But as Dana said "im running the biggest fight league in the world. Shut the fu** up". Fair point, you can still be wrong about this fight 😂

Thompson v Khamzat is interesting, and I feel Thompson would be willing to put himself out there. Luque Burns and Edwards are also fine with me, want to see how good Khamzat is.

RobbyRoy

Norm Smith Medallist
May 3, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Victory
Thompson v Khamzat is interesting, and I feel Thompson would be willing to put himself out there. Luque Burns and Edwards are also fine with me, want to see how good Khamzat is.
Wonderboy is much closer to the end than his prime and would get absolutely mauled in that matchup. He'll be lucky not to have lasting damage from Burns hammering the back of his head, I'd rather see him in a more favourable matchup.

That being said, if he thinks he's still a contender, best of luck to him.

Back