Discussion State of our jumper

thequarry

Team Captain
Apr 26, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
^ Interestingly the logo is in line with the AFL.

For the first six rounds of 2014 the logo was in line with the AFL logo, and from Round 7 onwards (with no real mention or reasoning) the sponsor's logo was back in line with the AFL logo.

Round 6
324038.jpeg

Round 7
325324.jpeg

Really hope the guernseys go back to a slim fit next year. The loose baggy guernseys this year looked awful

And those wide shoulders - looked like tank tops

Boy I hope that post means we could we wearing the candy stripe next year.

Day 1 purchase if we make the change

I actually want the candy stripe as our home jumper.

I rekon it's our best look by far.

thequarry

Team Captain
Apr 26, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
According to the Footy Jumpers and Graphic Design board, the hot cross bun will be coming back in next year in some capacity as a clash, and there's a "tweak to the home jumper that will keep a lot of people happy".

May 9, 2011
VIC
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
San Francisco Giants
According to the Footy Jumpers and Graphic Design board, the hot cross bun will be coming back in next year in some capacity as a clash, and there's a "tweak to the home jumper that will keep a lot of people happy".

NB logo on the sternum and Deliveroo logo in teal on black 🤞

ak_4hunnid

Draftee
Oct 20, 2020
AFL Club
St Kilda
Just a quick mock-up of my ideal home and away jerseys for next year. PS. as much as I and everyone else would love the crest to sit above the sponsor, its the AFL's strict ruling of where sponsor logos must sit that keeps it from being a reality.

HOME
NB is switched in for dare, the Deliveroo logo is changed to not incorporate the box, and the red stripe goes all the way up.

AWAY
Yellow crusader jersey. The arrangement of logos is key in order for it to not look messy.
Screen Shot 2021-11-10 at 5.24.31 pm.png
key in or
Screen Shot 2021-11-10 at 5.24.20 pm.png

Oct 2, 2010
AFL Club
St Kilda
Just a quick mock-up of my ideal home and away jerseys for next year. PS. as much as I and everyone else would love the crest to sit above the sponsor, its the AFL's strict ruling of where sponsor logos must sit that keeps it from being a reality.

HOME
NB is switched in for dare, the Deliveroo logo is changed to not incorporate the box, and the red stripe goes all the way up.

AWAY
Yellow crusader jersey. The arrangement of logos is key in order for it to not look messy.View attachment 1277739 key in orView attachment 1277741
Thats the perfect home jumper.

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda

HOME

AWAY
Yellow crusader jersey. The arrangement of logos is key in order for it to not look messy.View attachment 1277739 key in orView attachment 1277741
Personally prefer the black collars and cuff but that is pretty much perfect, big fan of the yellow clash too, that would sell like mad i reckon.

Dard Ball Get

Brownlow Medallist
Suspended
May 23, 2016
W.A
AFL Club
St Kilda

HOME

AWAY
I won't be happy until the white stripe is the same thickness as the red and black :tearsofjoy:

Moorabbin Ghost

Premiership Player
Apr 28, 2015
Australia
AFL Club
St Kilda
DC7AE8D9-42AB-4761-B160-2ED26CABEDBF.jpeg

I know people hate the logos/sponsors going into the white panel for some reason but this is the historically correct width that the white panel should be, it makes the jumper look “right”.
We also should bring back the old crest on the black panel, it has shrunk and shrunk over the years to almost become an afterthought. Our crest should be the focus of our jumper considering it holds such an important place in our clubs history.

1EE88F62-6312-4FD1-963D-B62AAA0695F0.jpeg
8D0B9CCE-B61F-4901-9370-92267C3828D4.jpeg

Thank you to @rubberarm in the jumper ideas thread for designing that jumper for an older fella with no idea.

Last edited:

SaintOfLondon

Senior List
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Would exacerbate the clash we have with most clubs rather than avoid it.

Fair call. I wouldn't want to see it as a permanent home or away jump more like a one-off, potentially against a team where there is no clash like Sydney or Geelong. Can understand why it would never happen though.

ULTIMATE_WARRIOR

Premiership Player
Mar 10, 2009
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
St Kilda
Rumor on the footy jumpers board that we are getting a crusader this year

On SM-A526B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hopefully like our training guernsey last year, with the Red back, white number.

Ideally I’d love us to have 3 kits. The classic home, the white kit of 2021 and the red based crusader.

Mar 28, 2021
AFL Club
St Kilda
View attachment 1278311
I know people hate the logos/sponsors going into the white panel for some reason but this is the historically correct width that the white panel should be, it makes the jumper look “right”.
We also should bring back the old crest on the black panel, it has shrunk and shrunk over the years to almost become an afterthought. Our crest should be the focus of our jumper considering it holds such an important place in our clubs history.

View attachment 1278315View attachment 1278316
Thank you to @rubberarm in the jumper ideas thread for designing that jumper for an older fella with no idea.

I'd like the bigger crest if they didn't put it in a black box. Keep the stripes behind it consistent with the rest of the jumper.

Hopefully like our training guernsey last year, with the Red back, white number.

Ideally I’d love us to have 3 kits. The classic home, the white kit of 2021 and the red based crusader.

Best clash strip IMO is the candy stripe. Closest to our home strip too. Wish they’d just use it every year.

austinnn

Veteran GOP
Nov 7, 2012
France
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Bristol City FC, Urawa Red Diamonds FC
Would be cool if we went with an AS ROMA Red. Change it up a bit
That's heading into Brisbane territory! I really dislike the Roma red and orange combo, don't know why it's so popular.

If any tweaks were made to our red, I'd like to see a blood red used, similar to the Liverpool kit in 18-19 iirc

Or we could actually get into the 21st century and start using multiple shades of red together, playing around with texture and more sophisticated designs like you see on the footy jumper board sometimes - but I won't hold my breath

Back