Alex Wright (Norwood)

Jack Tuthill

North Launceston

Ins:

Outs:

Michael Stingel (Norwood)
Tom Bennett
Corey Nankervis

* will only add confirmed as there are obviously heaps of rumours out there.

* post here and I’ll add on

Last edited:
Sep 8, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Was told today (from a reliable person) that Clarence have been talking to a couple of ex afl players who are friends and are looking to make the move to Tas to play. Unsure or who but they said they were confident. Still early on though. They didn't even know their names as they are playing their cards close to their chest.
Would make sense. With Green, Webberley, Jackson and rumours of Garland and Buechner leaving also it suddenly frees up big $$$

RampeRobe

All Australian
Feb 20, 2021
AFL Club
Sydney
Hey all,
I’ve recently moved to Hobart from Victoria, living on the eastern shore, keen to find a club to link up with and after any suggestions?
I played a reasonable level of local senior footy in Melbourne but would be happy running around in the 2s somewhere and enjoying my footy. Cheers

Sep 8, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Hey all,
I’ve recently moved to Hobart from Victoria, living on the eastern shore, keen to find a club to link up with and after any suggestions?
I played a reasonable level of local senior footy in Melbourne but would be happy running around in the 2s somewhere and enjoying my footy. Cheers
Hey mate. Also live on the Eastern shore. Great area

Depending on the level you want to play, you have Clarence and Lauderdale in the State league. So training 3 nights a week and travelling to Launceston a bit

Lindisfarne in the local league. Good club, former AFL player Josh Green going to play there next year

And you also have OHA in the Old Scholars. They’ve won the last 2 flags. Based out of Geilston Bay. Again great club. Was coached by Ian Callinan last season who played for Adelaide

Imo, OHA might be a great fit mate. Old Scholars is actually a great competition. Don’t be fooled by the name. It’s a very good comp, but one where you don’t have to train exceptionally hard, you know. Have a few beers post training etc. the furthest you’d have to travel for a game is down to Richmond which is only 15 minute drive from the OHA ground

Hope that helps

RampeRobe

All Australian
Feb 20, 2021
AFL Club
Sydney
Hey mate. Also live on the Eastern shore. Great area

Depending on the level you want to play, you have Clarence and Lauderdale in the State league. So training 3 nights a week and travelling to Launceston a bit

Lindisfarne in the local league. Good club, former AFL player Josh Green going to play there next year

And you also have OHA in the Old Scholars. They’ve won the last 2 flags. Based out of Geilston Bay. Again great club. Was coached by Ian Callinan last season who played for Adelaide

Imo, OHA might be a great fit mate. Old Scholars is actually a great competition. Don’t be fooled by the name. It’s a very good comp, but one where you don’t have to train exceptionally hard, you know. Have a few beers post training etc. the furthest you’d have to travel for a game is down to Richmond which is only 15 minute drive from the OHA ground

Hope that helps

legend, thanks for that.
not too fussed about travelling a bit further to find the right fit, old scholars sounds like the type of league that I’m looking for though. Much appreciated!

Phil49

Senior List
Apr 9, 2021
AFL Club
Geelong
legend, thanks for that.
not too fussed about travelling a bit further to find the right fit, old scholars sounds like the type of league that I’m looking for though. Much appreciated!

Feel free to join the Roos if you want to have a crack at your footy.

Cotchy9 summed it up pretty well and OHA sounds like it's your fit. But I'd be more inclined to go to Lindisfarne. Just personal preference as I like the competition they play in more.

Great stuff for reaching out. Hope you enjoy wherever you decide to play. All of the above are great clubs!!

TasPie23

Rookie
Oct 12, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
Hearing Glenorchy set to announce their coach tomorrow, unsure how true that is as I’ve heard it a few times but they’re the rumblings I’m hearing

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

TasPie23

Rookie
Oct 12, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
IMG_6014.JPG

Meant to post this in this thread for those not in the off season moves one.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Gersman

Team Captain
May 10, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
Interesting story getting about that East Devonport might be granted permission to join the TSL as the sole NW rep team.

Mar 17, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Collingwood
Interesting story getting about that East Devonport might be granted permission to join the TSL as the sole NW rep team.
Would be fantastic to have a NW side back in the comp.

Yes, I know we're keen on having the NWC back in the comp, but East Devonport?

How much support do they have? They went into recess through lack of players to play NWFL football so how will they get to TSL level?

Good luck to them but they will need to get a lot of players & support in a hurry.

Phil49

Senior List
Apr 9, 2021
AFL Club
Geelong
Yes, I know we're keen on having the NWC back in the comp, but East Devonport?

How much support do they have? They went into recess through lack of players to play NWFL football so how will they get to TSL level?

Good luck to them but they will need to get a lot of players & support in a hurry.

Well if there is only going to be one TSL side in the area, then you would hope that the up and coming players of the area, those who are in the devils program would go to play there.

Unsure of the exact logistics but think the idea is on the money.

jj15

All Australian
Jan 10, 2008
Tasmania
AFL Club
Geelong
Why doesn’t AFLTAS take over the golf course next to eastlands and build a ground for Clarence and the devils? Devils not having a training ground and gym is just ridiculous.

Mar 17, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Collingwood
Why doesn’t AFLTAS take over the golf course next to eastlands and build a ground for Clarence and the devils? Devils not having a training ground and gym is just ridiculous.

Maybe Clarence council & the community don't want to lose that green space?

If it were available, It'd cost $millions

Also how much money have AFLTas got to build anything, let alone buy the ground?

jj15

All Australian
Jan 10, 2008
Tasmania
AFL Club
Geelong
Maybe Clarence council & the community don't want to lose that green space?

If it were available, It'd cost $millions

Also how much money have AFLTas got to build anything, let alone buy the ground?

I think the gov should do it and use it as the AFL teams base along with devils.
When we get an AFL team they have to train somewhere. Can’t be at the main stadiums because of cricket. Allow public to use it just like Collingwood do.

Mar 17, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Collingwood
I think the gov should do it and use it as the AFL teams base along with devils.
When we get an AFL team they have to train somewhere. Can’t be at the main stadiums because of cricket. Allow public to use it just like Collingwood do.

We haven't got an AFL team yet.

If so, there was talk about using the Tas Uni Sandy Bay site. Uni moving into the city will leave a lot of unused space & buildings.

Back