• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Savage Kent

All Australian
Aug 1, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
Hi Folks,

Was interested to see if there was interest in a draft game with the saints fans on bigfooty being assigned a team and selecting on their behalf. I organised a draft game a few years back (I believe in 2017). It was good fun but was put off at the time by an annoying poster, who shall remain nameless but think he's been largely moved on thanks to all your good work. This poster would DM me to push posters to hurry up their selections and also be pushy in the thread. Note that if said person messages me after this you will be blocked.

I digress but if you're interested reach out and I will assign you a team. Teams will be allocated on a first come, first serve basis. If you have any suggestions on how this should be run I'm all ears. I will tag posters to the teams they've been assigned to.

Last time I took the saints and from memory I selected Clark, Bonar and Clavarino. Try not to hold Bonar and Clavarino against me. This time I'll be the recruiter for the tigers based on their draft haul.

Adelaide: sunny3193
Brisbane: L_W_P
Carlton: L_W_P
Collingwood: Savage Kent
Essendon: BrutThough
Fremantle: joydivision22
Geelong: SaintJunior
Gold Coast: Minga
GWS: Gresh_Magic
Hawthorn: BrutThough
Melbourne: Saint_Dos
North Melbourne: goodie23
Port Adelaide: Saint_Dos
Richmond: Savage Kent
St Kilda: Significant
Sydney: Ads734
West Coast: bird_man
Western Bulldogs: Savage Kent

PickClubPlayer
1CollingwoodNick Daicos
2North MelbourneJason Horne-Francis
3Greater Western SydneyFinn Callaghan
4Western BulldogsSam Darcy
5Gold CoastJosh Gibcus
6AdelaideBen Hobbs
7HawthornJosh Ward
8FremantleNeil Erasmus
9RichmondTyler Sonsie
10FremantleMatthew Johnson
11St KildaJosh Sinn
12West CoastJye Amiss
13EssendonJosh Rachele
14Port AdelaideNasiah Wanganeen-Milera
15Greater Western SydneyMac Andrew
16Brisbane LionsSam Butler
17RichmondJosh Goater
18SydneyDarcy Wilmot
19MelbourneCampbell Chesser
20Brisbane LionsMitchito Owens
21FremantleJacob Van Rooyen
22North MelbourneJesse Motlop
23HawthornArlo Draper
24GeelongToby Conway
25HawthornJudson Clarke
26St KildaMarcus Windhager
27CarltonMitchell Knevitt
28RichmondZac Taylor
29RichmondBlake Howes
30Greater Western SydneyJosh Fahey
31RichmondRhett Bazzo
32West CoastMatthew Roberts
33GeelongTom Brown
34SydneyLewis Rayson
35GeelongConnor MacDonald
36AdelaideJack Williams
37GeelongShay Linke
38West CoastCorey Warner
39MelbourneKai Lohmann
40SydneyJordan Lucak
41Brisbane LionsSam Banks
42North MelbourneLeek Alleer
43North MelbourneAlistair Lord
44MelbourneJosh Rentsch
45GeelongAngus Sheldrick
46EssendonBrady Hough
47Western BulldogsCooper Murley
48Western BulldogsCharlie Dean
49EssendonNed Long
50MelbourneTaj Woewodin
51HawthornLachlan Rankin
52Brisbane LionsCasey Voss
53FremantlePaul Curtis
54Port AdelaideKade Dittmar
55CarltonDante Visentini
56HawthornCharlie Molan
57West CoastHugh Jackson
58Gold CoastBohdi Uwland
59FremantleRonald Fejo Jr
60SydneyBlayne O'Loughlin
61Greater Western SydneyBlake Schlensog
62Greater Western SydneyCharlie Constable
63North MelbourneJackson Archer
64Port AdelaideHugh Stagg
65Port AdelaideSaxon Evans
66Port AdelaideJase Burgoyne
67AdelaidePass
68Brisbane LionsTyreece Leiu

The current draft picks for your reference:

Adelaide: 6, 36, 65
Brisbane: 16, 20, 41, 52, 66
Carlton: 26, 55
Collingwood: 1
Essendon: 13, 46, 49
Fremantle: 8, 10, 21, 53, 58
Geelong: 24, 33, 35, 37, 45
Gold Coast: 5
GWS: 3, 15, 30, 60, 61
Hawthorn: 7, 23, 25, 51, 56
Melbourne: 19, 39, 44, 50
North Melbourne: 2, 22, 42, 43, 62
Port Adelaide: 14, 54, 63, 64
Richmond: 9, 17, 28, 29, 31
St Kilda: 11, 26
Sydney: 18, 34, 40, 59
West Coast: 12, 32, 38, 57
Western Bulldogs: 4, 47, 48

Last edited:
Made a draft list on Sunday, first three players went with the next 3 picks. #4 was still on the board and after some research changed my mind who next.

With pick 42 North Melbourne draft Leek Alleer, Central District

And with pick 43, North Melbourne select Alistair Lord, Norwood

Honourable mention to Charlie Dean, Williamstown who was my back-up KPD and Zac Becker, Sturt & Jase Burgoyne, Woodville-West Torrens.

Think this would be a very good draft for North, stuff Collingwood up, get a gun mid, a legacy small forward, an athletic KPD, a speedster half back and my last pick who I'm guaranteed to get.

Tag Saint_Dos, you're it

A tough decision for the Dees here with a number of handy pickups available but all in positions that they already have adequate depth.

With pick 44 Melbourne will take Josh Rentsch.
Probably a little bit of a stretch but looking for some KPF depth with McDonald, B.Brown, M.Brown and Daw all 30+

Strong marking big bodied KPF who can do stints in the ruck that draws comparisons to Charlie Dixon. Needs to build his tank, but with TMac & Maxy working with him and plenty of time to do it could be a handy pickup and should be given time to develop.

Back to you SaintJunior

Last edited:

goodie23 the Lions were looking at Aleer with every pick haha He could go anywhere from 15 to 50 in this draft.

The big question is if he has the footy nous to do what he does against AFL level forwards.

If he turns into another Aliir/McGovern type 'loose' CHB it would be a massive win for whoever takes that punt.

Was looking to take a tall but both Aleer and Rentsch were selected.

So with pick 45 Geelong select Angus Sheldrick from Claremont.

Just a good footballer wins the footy and kicks it well.

Was looking to take a tall but both Aleer and Rentsch were selected.

So with pick 45 Geelong select Angus Sheldrick from Claremont.

Just a good footballer wins the footy and kicks it well.
You had three picks in the 30's and you took Tom Brown (who I wanted), no sympathy :p

Last edited:
With pick 46, Essendon will take Brady Hough.

After going small with our first pick, Hough's size, versatility and disposal will be a great addition to Essendon's list. It might take some time to lock down his best spot given he can play midfield or at either end of the ground, but his overall traits are too good to ignore at this pick.

Savage Kent the next 2 picks are yours.

With pick 47 Western Bulldogs select Cooper Murley.

With pick 48 Western Bulldogs select Charlie Dean

BrutThough back over to you.

With Melbourne's last active pick in the draft they will take son of 2000 brownlow medallist, Taj Woewodin

Outside mid who can play off hff and hbf

This year's draft will see 2 outside runners, a medium fwd and a KPF adding to Melbourne's depth and push to go again in 2022.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

BrutThough over to you

With pick 51, Hawthorn will select Lachlan Rankin.

A 182cm utility who will likely start their career off half back or on the wing. Rankin has natural football smarts which should appeal to Sam Mitchell

L_W_P your up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With pick 52 the Brisbane Lions select -

Casey Voss
Team: Sturt
Height: 183cm
Weight: 78kgs
DOB: 30/10/2018

The son of a Lions legend, Voss has taken the long route to getting on an AFL list.

His form at Sturt has been impeccable with a level of maturity being displayed in his football that is rare in players these days. Voss has shown this year that he is excellent at winning clearance football and breaking away from the contest. He is a skilled player and was damaging with his possessions in all forms. He has shown a good ability to mark the ball for his height and his consistency has been impressive in all forms of football.

We see him slotting in nicely as a midfielder of the future, one who can provide a defensive support role ala Melbourne's Angus Brayshaw.

joydivision22 you are up!

Fremantle was seriously hoping Hough would make it down the list but in any case, we’re happy to go with the covid infested baily Fritsch type medium forward Paul Curtis. Love his forward craft

Port will select Kade Dittmar
Inside contested bull to replace Rockliff and learn alongside the current bull in Ollie Wines

Port need to boost there inside work and get some long term replacements for Boak and Rockliff.
Dittmar provides the grunt work and intensity. Although his disposal can be suspect at times hopefully the class around him can deliver on his hard work

L_W_P your up

Last edited:
With pick 55 Carlton select...

Dante Visentini

Team: Sandringham Dragons
Height: 201cms
Weight: 88kgs
DOB: 13/02/03

POSITION: Key Position Utility

SNAPSHOT: “A competitive and coachable key position prospect, Visentini enjoys getting involved physically and is capable of playing on all three lines.”

STRENGTHS:
+ Versatility
+ Aggression
+ Physicality
+ Coachability

IMPROVEMENTS:
– Athleticism
– Production

Dante reads like a coaches dream: Big, athletic, hungry to learn & aggressive in his play style.

Long term we see him as the ideal FB replacement for Liam Jones, taking down the likes of Eric Hipwood, Oscar Allen or whichever King brother the Saints play deep on the day.

*He's honestly someone I wouldn't mind at the Saints if he could be settled into playing FB.

BrutThough on the clock.

With pick 56 Hawthorn select Charlie Molan

After selecting a few x-factor types, Molan will bring some defensive accountability to Hawthorns draft haul. The 188cm utility has clean skills, good endurance and high work rate which means he could step into any role Sam Mitchell asks of him as early as next year.

Your turn bird_man

First I’d like to bid on Bodie uswland and presume GCS will match.

If so, I’ll take Ronald Freo Jnr. Highlight machine who will work the vast spaces of Optus like a fish in the ocean. Welcome Ronnie

Sydney select Blayne O'Loughlan, Nephew of Micky O. Gun half back/defender, Has a great left foot kick and absolute accumulator. Reckon he could slot in very quickly.

Back