Society/Culture Jordan B Peterson

Sep 15, 2007
Where i need to be
AFL Club
Geelong
Look at the Nordic study, the majority of women favor traditional "female careers" even when given every opportunity and encouragement to enter STEM and other fields. From memory it's 20:1 females favoring nursing to engineering, and the opposite for males.

It isn't a grand conspiracy, it's biology. Industries like childcare are difficult because if they aren't affordable (low staff pay) then people won't use the service, resulting in more parents (mostly mothers) staying at home with the kids instead of working while kids are at daycare. The anecdotes I hear from nurses I know is that their pay is not bad in Aus due to having a decent union, but they should still get more given the skill, stress and sometimes danger involved.
Lol nurses shouodnt get more. Their union already ensures they get more then they deserve compared to non union jobs.

Sep 15, 2007
Where i need to be
AFL Club
Geelong
men are suckers for a Milgram-capitalism compelling them to display rank and hierarchy you do so with lucre , women less superficial than us guys
Is that the same non superficial women who all are obsessed with paying large fortunes for pointless rocks or have extremely specific height requirements in men that they have no problem pointing out on dating apps? Imagine if a guy said a women must weigh between a certain weight to be datable on a datng app. yet over a third of women have height requirements many of which are very specific like between 185-200cm.

Dec 20, 2014
Hong Kong
AFL Club
West Coast
Is that the same non superficial women who all are obsessed with paying large fortunes for pointless rocks or have extremely specific height requirements in men that they have no problem pointing out on dating apps? Imagine if a guy said a women must weigh between a certain weight to be datable on a datng app. yet over a third of women have height requirements many of which are very specific like between 185-200cm.
Did you get rejected for being under 6 foot?

Sep 15, 2007
Where i need to be
AFL Club
Geelong
Why are men's tasks worth more?

it all comes down to supply and demand.

women tend not to want to work in boring jobs, dangerous jobs, late/long hours, remote jobs. These jobs tend to pay more cos of lack of supply of willing workers.

and this tends to come down to priorities. Men ten to priortise money as the primary goal of both work and providing for the family whilst women tend to relatively priortise enjoyment from work and looking after the family.

Sep 15, 2007
Where i need to be
AFL Club
Geelong

One of the serious intellectuals of our time.

Any one who thinks he is an intellectual is an effing idiot. I expected better of you.

stock market prices are driven by the whims of politicians whilst climate is driven by physical laws.

Observable physical laws are far more predictable then the decision making of thousands of human minds. The fact he cant get the difference shows once again that peterson is an idiot.

he needs to stick to attacking identitarianism. Its the only thing he has right.

Sep 15, 2007
Where i need to be
AFL Club
Geelong
specific answer is , when the capitalist economy was bedding down , it compensated the workforce for the revenue generated , professions where women prevailed , teaching and childcare were not handsomely compensated ,

The lag inherent in the system has been ameliorated but difference persists , see: Sweden for example

what we conflate are political zeitgeist for change
Childcare companies made a fortune. None of that got passed on to childcare workers. Revenue impacts demand for workers but supply of workers is just as important a driver Of wages. Its the intersection of the supply and demand curve that determines the wage. Your analysis ignores the supply component.

blackcat

Irving's godfather and handle
Dec 29, 2003
Beverly Hills 90210 Antifa bracket
AFL Club
Richmond
Childcare companies made a fortune. None of that got passed on to childcare workers. Revenue impacts demand for workers but supply of workers is just as important a driver Of wages. Its the intersection of the supply and demand curve that determines the wage. Your analysis ignores the supply component.
concede reductive , what was that GoldCoast owner of ABC Learning (name>Groves???) but ABC Learning was a stockmarket growth play , and a little like Tesla all income and profit was gov't subsidy , there is no margin to be parlayed from childcare even with workforce at award wages

HarryGroves? memory is telling me , BrisbaneBullets former owner , fine mullet with Cindi Lauper highlights

I had net really looked much at PragerU until recently and, oh boy, Peterson takes himself down another notch by being associated with that lot.

Seems to be a lot of plain old incorrect stuff on there. Selective, disingenuous, false rubbish all over the site.

Big presentations on historical reasons white men should never pay tax seem to be a big hit over there.

Back