Society/Culture Hypocrisy of The Left - part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Dec 20, 2014
Hong Kong
AFL Club
West Coast
Keep pumping away at that clickbait. Keep getting outraged. Keep supporting cancelled celebs like Chappelle and Rowling.
Pretty sure it's the folks wanting Chappelle's special pulled who are "outraged". I'm merely pointing out that their demands are petty and illiberal.

But thanks for confirming you've got no argument.

Better luck next time.

Dec 20, 2014
Hong Kong
AFL Club
West Coast
I live in a world where I can't watch Chappelle, read Rowling and I hear no conservative white male voices in the media. Its sad.
That says nothing about the illiberal impulse to remove or silence views deemed "offensive", which is the issue at hand.

We're discussing the illiberal impulse to cancel, not whether it succedded.

Let me know when you think you've got an argument worth making.

Sep 21, 2004
AFL Club
GWS
"It's the impulse".

1636013765312.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aug 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Well I've seen the Chappelle special and I thought it was funny (I'm a fan) but also quite touching. His story about his trans mate at the end should be seen by those who have criticised him, I'm not sure how many of them have seen it.

I guess the controversy is about him being "team TERF", that's probably enough for these people to crack the shits.

Sep 21, 2004
AFL Club
GWS
Well I've seen the Chappelle special and I thought it was funny (I'm a fan) but also quite touching. His story about his trans mate at the end should be seen by those who have criticised him, I'm not sure how many of them have seen it.

I guess the controversy is about him being "team TERF", that's probably enough for these people to crack the shits.

Him saying he’s team terf is cracking the shits. He’s outraged and offended.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Him saying he’s team terf is cracking the shits. He’s outraged and offended.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Also for a man who was once cutting edge, trans jokes are like walking into a room now and saying wassup in a loud voice. When did my generation start turning into our parents?

Aug 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
He seems outraged by trans rights.

But he’s also said how lucrative this myth of being ‘cancelled’ is. So there’s a chance he’s exaggerating for angry clicks from idiots whinging about cancel culture.

Well ok I didn’t get that “outrage” from what he said but fair enough.

But yeah no doubt he’s looking for some publicity about it, his response at his show was quite funny and antagonistic (the three clauses for him to meet with trans rights groups)

Dec 20, 2014
Hong Kong
AFL Club
West Coast
He’s outraged and offended.
Why do you keep projecting this when the whole controversy arises from the fact his critics are the ones who are "outraged and offended"?

Do you think it's a clever argument?

He seems outraged by trans rights.

But he’s also said how lucrative this myth of being ‘cancelled’ is. So there’s a chance he’s exaggerating for angry clicks from idiots whinging about cancel culture.
What specifically did he say that is transphobic or constitutes hate speech?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back