Resource COVID19 V - The Info Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Too open ended for mine. Can see it being dragged into March or April especially if other states have trouble handling the inevitable rise in cases.

There's the occupational deadlines on Dec 31, Jan 31 but how rigidly will these be enforced? I agree that ultimately there's not sufficient compulsion for the apathetic and wilfully ignorant to get off their arses.

A road map??? Its hardly a flipping mud map. The fact is Wa per even Chris Dawson is unlikely to get to 90 % (he infact said unlikely to get to 85% ) so he will continue to delay any opening and then says we are using our own modelling that shows at 80% WA's Symptomatic cases will be more than Victoria has had the whole Pandemic... I mean seriously..

A road map??? Its hardly a flipping mud map. The fact is Wa per even Chris Dawson is unlikely to get to 90 % (he infact said unlikely to get to 85% ) so he will continue to delay any opening and then says we are using our own modelling that shows at 80% WA's Symptomatic cases will be more than Victoria has had the whole Pandemic... I mean seriously..
When we get to 80%, a hard and fast date will be set. That date will line up with when the Govt expects to reach the 90% target. The date will not be changed, regardless of whether we actually get to 90% or not.

That was my take away.

Edit: current expectation is late Jan/early Feb.

My only gripe is PCR tests both ends when travelling, which is a bit of a pain logistically and will have cost impact.

I wonder when those things will kick in for "Very Low Risk" states, like I am literally flying to Brisbane Monday.

EDIT - would also rather we just did it at 80% if we have all of those other mandates in place, but that's my own personal circumstances.

So all up we’ve worn masks for about a month over the last year. A few more months without an outbreak and we’re back in business. We’ve barely had any interruption to day to day life (in the scheme of other states and countries), * all actual lockdowns restricting us like they’ve had over East. We’ve hosted the Grand Final, and had large footy crowds back before everyone else in 2020. Hard border a huge concern for people with family interstate, absolutely acknowledge that, but aside from that we’ve been living the comparative high life for two years and now we have a roadmap out. On board.

I agree totally, I thought it was very poor and shows no leadership. Just set a date, we all know they have one in mind. Every other state can do it. They are just dragging things out which stops people from feeling an urgency to vaccinate.

My biggest gripe is that there are no interim measures for travel. Why can't double vaccinated people come to WA now and quarantine for 2 weeks? What is the risk? Instead we are just locking everyone out.

I think the restrictions they are proposing at 90% make sense, but don't like the continuation of G2G and the addition of a negative PCR test. What if I'm only going on a 48 hr business trip? It is not practical. We are one country, the state border needs to open permanently once we hit the target.

So all up we’ve worn masks for about a month over the last year. A few more months without an outbreak and we’re back in business. We’ve barely had any interruption to day to day life (in the scheme of other states and countries), fu** all actual lockdowns restricting us like they’ve had over East. We’ve hosted the Grand Final, and had large footy crowds back before everyone else in 2020. Hard border a huge concern for people with family interstate, absolutely acknowledge that, but aside from that we’ve been living the comparative high life for two years and now we have a roadmap out. On board.

The joke continues.

He in fact did not say that.

He in fact said he had concerns about the ability to get to that level: https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-10...stralians-are-hesitant-over-vaccine/100547598

And it’s worth noting he made those comments before vaccines were mandated for 75 per cent of the workforce.

So he knew they wouldn't make it so they have decided the only way is to dictate to people to do it . All he did today was have a press conference with nothing in it that no one didn't already know. Well apart from adding the figures which are so stupidly wrong that no one can believe it anway.

So he knew they wouldn't make it so they have decided the only way is to dictate to people to do it . All he did today was have a press conference with nothing in it that no one didn't already know. Well apart from adding the figures which are so stupidly wrong that no one can believe it anway.

Which figures are stupidly wrong?

Health Minister Roger Cook urged people to get the jab.

“We need at least 250,000 more Western Australians to roll up and get vaccinated. That’s about four Optus Stadiums full of people, and we can do it,” he said.

“Do you really want to be one of those 250,000 people holding us back?”

News flash Roger. Those 250,000 people don't give a toss. why would they? You haven't set a specific date so there's no real compulsion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Which figures are stupidly wrong?

So you believe that when borders open at 80% wa will have more covid cases than melbourne since the start of the pandemic?

I think Oli Peterson has it right, he wants this to be challenged in the courts so when a court orders him to take the borders down he can blame everyone else and say he didn’t do it.

So you believe that when borders open at 80% wa will have more covid cases than melbourne since the start of the pandemic?

Where’s that come from?

The only figure I heard was that the modeling suggested the difference between opening up at 90 per cent and opening up at 80 per cent would be 200 less deaths.

Where’s that come from?

The only figure I heard was that the modeling suggested the difference between opening up at 90 per cent and opening up at 80 per cent would be 200 less deaths.

Its come from the wa governments own rubbery modelling….

At 80% they are saying over 104 thousand cases.. Victoria currently has had under 95 thousand in total to now.

PCR test requirements are a massive PITA for frequent interstate travellers (eg Eagles) and a huge disincentive to discretionary travel. It's a stupud requirement when 90% vaccinated; just accept you are going to have cases and that the vaccines were supposed to be the release from measures aimed at Zero Covid.

PCR test requirements are a massive PITA for frequent interstate travellers (eg Eagles) and a huge disincentive to discretionary travel. It's a stupud requirement when 90% vaccinated; just accept you are going to have cases and that the vaccines were supposed to be the release from measures aimed at Zero Covid.

Absolutely.. adding $150-$300 to the already expensive cost to fly to Perth plus then having a stick up ur nose really is selling Wa to people

Its come from the wa governments own rubbery modelling….

At 80% they are saying over 104 thousand cases.. Victoria currently has had under 95 thousand in total to now.

So that’d be 104,000 cases over 12 months based on little to no restrictions during that period?

Vs Victoria who’s had lockdowns every time there’s been community transmissions and spent half their time since April 2020 under lockdown until recently when they hit a similar milestone?

You think those figures are rubbery?

104,000 cases over 360 days is an average of 289 per day once community transmission begins, easily achievable if you are not in a lockdown situation.

Would have preferred they just set a date & be done with it.

So that’d be 104,000 cases over 12 months based on little to no restrictions during that period?

Vs Victoria who’s had lockdowns every time there’s been community transmissions and spent half their time since April 2020 under lockdown until recently when they hit a similar milestone?

You think those figures are rubbery?

Absolutely, and comparing them to the Doherty Modelling which is done its easy to see why McGowan has plucked these guys out to go on never mind the fact that not one piece of modelling done has been remotely in the ball park of what has actually happened .

Absolutely, and comparing them to the Doherty Modelling which is done its easy to see why McGowan has plucked these guys out to go on never mind the fact that not one piece of modelling done has been remotely in the ball park of what has actually happened .

So all the modeling done by Doherty has been way off, also McGowan shouldn’t have picked “these guys” (I’ve no idea who they are) over Doherty?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back