Remove this Banner Ad

Totally agree with all of that - perhaps you missed my sarcastic tone. The media have published this '$250k' story to promote further discussion and perhaps bait for a response.
If you or I were to send PerthNow or 7West an email suggesting we heard from a 'family source' that they will not even entertain providing a related interview for less that $5 Million, this would probably be published the next day.
Remember, the media's primary objective is to entertain, not educate..!
Sorry if it came across that way, I wasn't really responding to your specific comment, just giving a view. I think we agree, media are vultures and they will all be circling right now to get that exclusive - at the end of the day they don't give a s**t about the personal impact of anything they do as they will move on to the next story and leave the destruction of their actions behind without a second thought. Inevitably, the parents will likely weaken in some way and work with one outlet so that it all goes away. I hope they are in the right mindset to make those decisions that's all.

Those parasitic Daily Mail'ers reported that the accused was winking!

I was only joking.

Have picked the good bits out of the winking article below.

'The man accused of abducting little Cleo Smith winked as he boarded a plane in shackles to fly to Perth where he will remain in jail until his next court appearance.'

'Described as a 'loner', Kelly lived alone in a well-known government housing precinct, and was also a regular at Carnarvon Central, according to one shop-owner in the centre which is something of a retail hub and meeting place.
Denham French, who relocated to Carnarvon from Thailand seven years ago, operates a sporting goods of sorts store which also sells some clothing jewelry and American football and basketball paraphernalia.
Kelly, he says, would come in 'time to time' and was relatively well known in the area.
'He's a guy who would flow in and out,' says French.
'Sometimes he would come in a few times a week. 'Other times none at all.''

'Kelly attended East Carnarvon High School before transferring to Carnarvon Senior, but even then didn't make any significant or lasting friendships.
Soon after his grandmother's death in 2020, Kelly appeared to come into some money and bought himself a late-model Mazda.

'He used to park it in the driveway and then close the gate, every day, always went and put the car in the same spot and closed the gate,' one of his neighbours recalled.
Daily Mail Australia can reveal Kelly was pulled over in June 2021 and charged with driving unlicensed.
The court heard he had never held a licence and had no authority to be behind the wheel of a car.'

'In recent weeks, more townspeople began noticing Kelly using the car. Pricilla Milly-Milly said she saw him at the hardware store Bunnings just last week, PerthNow reported.

'He was in the car and he just kept staring at me,' she said.'

'It's understood he had multiple aliases online where he would join doll collector's groups to discuss his beloved toys.'

'It's understood Kelly frequented Toyworld but his toy purchases weren't seen as suspicious as locals assumed he was buying them for younger nieces, nephews or cousins.
It's also speculated he ordered Bratz dolls online as Toyworld ceased stocking them several years ago.

'Kelly reportedly never held down a job, but was trying to get work by completing construction courses to become more qualified.'

'Kelly's Facebook profile was following Cleo's mother Ellie'

'Kelly's Facebook account also interacted with articles written about the missing four-year-old.
On a news article posted about missing Cleo, Kelly's account reacted with a 'sad' emoji.'
Another riveting article from the Daily Mail with a few quotes from locals who got their name in the paper for telling us absolutely nothing.
'He used to park it in the driveway and then close the gate, every day, always went and put the car in the same spot and closed the gate,'
Wow! I have never seen anyone do that before. What a scoop from the Daily Mail.

Having 2 four year old girls at the moment, it absolutely tugs at the heart strings.
I cannot even imagine what Cleo went through, even if things weren’t of a sexual nature (and I hope like hell they weren’t) no one of that age should have to go through anything like that.

Last edited:
If we sent this to the Daly Mail it would published within the hour!
No need to even send it to the Daley Mail.
They have a light-fingered BF correspondent in every State of Australia.
The WA one probably rents a room in an AirB&B tinny at the blowholes.

Was I even remotely close with this scenario?
Thankfully I was possibly only close on the first part of my scenario
The thief part, according to 7news reports on what WAPOL told them.

'"Police believe he was at the blowholes campsite on October 16 to commit small-time theft"'
(at the 3:45 mark of the below)

'Dashcam shows DRAMATIC moment Cleo Smith’s alleged abductor arrested | 7NEWS
150,847 views • Nov 5, 2021 • The dramatic moment a Western Australian man was arrested over allegedly abducting four-year-old girl Cleo Smith has been caught on camera. Terence Darrell Kelly was arrested late on Tuesday night, about an hour before detectives found Cleo locked inside a Carnarvon home. CCTV and dashcam on a taxi caught the moment the 36-year-old was pulled over by officers while driving, pinned to the ground and arrested.'

'"Police believe he was at the blowholes campsite on October 16 to commit small-time theft"'

150,847 views • Nov 5, 2021 • The dramatic moment a Western Australian man was arrested over allegedly abducting four-year-old girl Cleo Smith has been caught on camera. Terence Darrell Kelly was arrested late on Tuesday night, about an hour before detectives found Cleo locked inside a Carnarvon home. CCTV and dashcam on a taxi caught the moment the 36-year-old was pulled over by officers while driving, pinned to the ground and arrested.'

How does one go oh yep, wallet, keys phone oh CHILD yeah might take her as well no worries??? What is wrong with people.

Police believe he was at the blowholes campsite on October 16 to commit small-time theft
How does one go oh yep, wallet, keys phone oh CHILD yeah might take her as well no worries??? What is wrong with people.
If anyone stole one of my kids and labelled them as small-timers, they would probably end up with an eye that winked like the accused today.

If anyone stole one of my kids and labelled them as small-timers, they would probably end up with an eye that winked like the accused today.
Yes and surprised his driving was any good in the dark as he’s never had a licence. I have my open licence and I still can’t see in the dark when I drive and get scared when there’s so few street lights etc.

Yes and surprised his driving was any good in the dark as he’s never had a licence. I have my open licence and I still can’t see in the dark when I drive and get scared when there’s so few street lights etc.
You may suffer from a condition known as night blindness

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes and surprised his driving was any good in the dark as he’s never had a licence.

He might have been driving somewhere in something on and off since his early teens.
(Except for the times he was locked up)

Lots of places and spaces to drive up that neck of the bush without getting pinged for not actually having a licence.

Another riveting article from the Daily Mail with a few quotes from locals who got their name in the paper for telling us absolutely nothing.
'He used to park it in the driveway and then close the gate, every day, always went and put the car in the same spot and closed the gate,'

Maybe just trying to take everything in as to what occurred in their little street community I see it as this neighbour was saying from his perspective that the suspect didn't change his routine.

I cannot imagine how these people must feel knowing that sweet Cleo was suffering within earshot of their homes.

I certainly hope someone with professional experience sits down with the street community so they can talk things out. They must be feeling very shocked and distressed.

Weight gain from staying to long in the dark web

Meanwhile I'm the worst armchair detective ever. Whenever this scenario was suggested - small time thief turns kidnapper - I was like Pfffft no way!

Totally agree with all of that - perhaps you missed my sarcastic tone. The media have published this '$250k' story to promote further discussion and perhaps bait for a response.
If you or I were to send PerthNow or 7West an email suggesting we heard from a 'family source' that they will not even entertain providing a related interview for less that $5 Million, this would probably be published the next day. If we sent this to the Daly Mail it would published within the hour!

Remember, the media's primary objective is to entertain, not educate..!
I would consider the media's prime concern is MONEY and not venturing anywhere where the truth may exist.

Yeah yeah nardi nadah.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back