Remove this Banner Ad

broken paradigm

Team Captain
Feb 10, 2021
AFL Club
West Coast
Meanwhile I'm the worst armchair detective ever. Whenever this scenario was suggested - small time thief turns kidnapper - I was like Pfffft no way!
And able to carry off a 'small time' theft of a child and house her for 18 days within 2 minutes of the Carnarvon police station. That is not considered an escalation is it?

Sep 19, 2007
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I would consider the media's prime concern is MONEY and not venturing anywhere where the truth may exist.
And by any means necessary. Wouldn't rule out having them using Stingray tech. News LTD will often pull out a small quote and insert it as a headline to trick readers into thinking it's something legit, but in reality just someone's theory or opinion.

gordo2016

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2017
Footscray, Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Yes and surprised his driving was any good in the dark as he’s never had a licence. I have my open licence and I still can’t see in the dark when I drive and get scared when there’s so few street lights etc.
Hasn't lived in Carnonvon his whole life. In communities in remote WA, locals drive without licences, even had a 10 year old indigenous girl that drove a car to school. Good driver too, got in the car with her a few times, to go hunting. Kelly has probably been driving in places other than Carnonvon from a very young age and could drive with his eyes closed.

Thankfully I was possibly only close on the first part of my scenario
The thief part, according to 7news reports on what WAPOL told them.

'"Police believe he was at the blowholes campsite on October 16 to commit small-time theft"'
(at the 3:45 mark of the below)

'Dashcam shows DRAMATIC moment Cleo Smith’s alleged abductor arrested | 7NEWS
150,847 views • Nov 5, 2021 • The dramatic moment a Western Australian man was arrested over allegedly abducting four-year-old girl Cleo Smith has been caught on camera. Terence Darrell Kelly was arrested late on Tuesday night, about an hour before detectives found Cleo locked inside a Carnarvon home. CCTV and dashcam on a taxi caught the moment the 36-year-old was pulled over by officers while driving, pinned to the ground and arrested.'

'"Police believe he was at the blowholes campsite on October 16 to commit small-time theft"'

From what we know about him following Ellie and family on FB, and the suspicion the police had about a stalker (fingerprinting the fence, windows, etc) he probably followed them on their trip.

broken paradigm

Team Captain
Feb 10, 2021
AFL Club
West Coast
He reportedly tried to get his name suppressed.

Maybe he demanded a super huge bandage be wrapped on his head to try and hide as much of his face as possible.
And they obliged.

Or tried to give impression of a massive injury caused at time of arrest. We know that didn't happen dont we?

deanc

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 13, 2014
Waverley
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tasmania
You may suffer from a condition known as night blindness

I used to suffer from night blindness - usually after I'd try and sneak-in our front door at 2am, a bit wobbly and the better half was armed with a tennis racquet or cricket bat or umbrella..! 'Oh sorry, I thought you were a burglar...' was her usual sarcastic apology...

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Socceroos - Matildas
And able to carry off a 'small time' theft of a child and house her for 18 days within 2 minutes of the Carnarvon police station. That is not considered an escalation is it?

We might need to wait for the accused to write and publish his unredacted complete autobiography to actually find out what came first (the chook or the steggler balls).

Might have to wait at least 20 years for that, if COVID or someone on the inside doesn't get him first in 2022/23 (if he ever ends up incarcerated or institutionalised).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

broken paradigm

Team Captain
Feb 10, 2021
AFL Club
West Coast
Facebook need to pull their heads in IMHO, don’t they have the tech to sniff out fake profiles and dodgy content? Or perhaps they’re too busy censoring elected politicians....

What a cesspool.
if you’re still on Facebook, ween yourself off it.
Too busy counting the money.

And why would anyone think Facebook would take responsibility for something put on their sites when they don't charge you for the pleasure of using Facebook. Nothing in this life is free! And the free use of Facebook is very costly indeed.

All they are about is using your statistics to sell marketing tags. Each hit on Facebook is worth
thousands in marketing dollars.

Last edited:
does the media using “little cleo” make anyone else cringe or am I being sensitive.

Yeh it's a bit cringey now, it's been overused already I think for William Tyrrell. We all know her name, they don't need to put an adjective in front of it as if we need the reminder.

broken paradigm

Team Captain
Feb 10, 2021
AFL Club
West Coast
does the media using “little cleo” make anyone else cringe or am I being sensitive. Just hate how much they’re loving milking this story. Amazing result for the family, so happy for them but I’ve heard enough.
Strange isn't it. We all know sweet Cleo was four years old. What are media trying to imply.... that Cleo's size made a difference. Does that imply if say a 10yo child was involved would they then say .... big Betty.

Sep 19, 2007
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
From what we know about him following Ellie and family on FB, and the suspicion the police had about a stalker (fingerprinting the fence, windows, etc) he probably followed them on their trip.
They would have gone through all messages sent to them. I'd be very surprised if he hadn't sent the family messages. He was following multiple families. Has he done this before, perhaps photographed them as part of his "family"

All of his facebook accounts were part of an eleborate setup to make him out to seem as if he is a genuine person. This has been planned for many years. Building his fortress to protect himself when he did what he always wanted to do. He's done it online. We know that many high profile people, or people in support services, in the church that do this to present themselves as an upstanding citizen.

jason_recliner

Club Legend
Dec 9, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
$250k, ha ha, what a joke...!

I'd get in front of this and counter with - $5 Million and the family will guarantee an exclusive interview sometime in the next 24 months - with a $2 Million non-fundable deposit, required upon signing of the agreement, to be placed in a trust fund for the girls future schooling..?

Fcuk the media..! - that should at least slow down some related offers for a while...

There's nothing like the money in TV that there used to be. $250k is probably an exaggeration.

Last edited:

broken paradigm

Team Captain
Feb 10, 2021
AFL Club
West Coast
For starters see my campsite footprint evidence article post here which opens with some info on his work.
Thanks.

Here is a link to Real Futures. Maybe they ran the construction course.

I would say paid by your taxes

Given it appears he set up this bedroom with Frozen merchandise. I worry that if Cleo is confronted with more of Frozen merchandise she will suffer flashbacks to her ordeal. Mum was using a Frozen backpack today.

Also a possibility that the room we see with all the Bratzs dolls in it, may not be the room the police found her locked in. It probably wasn't now I'm thinking about it a bit more, the dolls room looks so well set up and perfectly arranged, he might have chucked a fit if it was made untidy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back