Rumour And they say Footballers are dumb - got nothing on their WAGs

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure that’s relevant to the post at all. That little girl wasn’t missing she (outrageously and tragically) died while with her parents in an emergency room.
Hmm you may need to explain to me how the unnecessary death of Aishwarya and the difference in the reporting of missing Aboriginal kids are the same
Thanks for sharing :heart:
I got the impression that our friend Toump Ass was wondering if the news would have cared about something not involving a white kid.

There is a large amount of trauma talked about in the indigenous group I circulate within that doesn't get publicity until someone passes away. There's a story some might remember of a girl who took her own life after abuse. That's the sort of thing I'm talking about.

I'm not sure anyone really wants to have that conversation though as a community.

According to one website that tracks this data, the definition of ‘death in custody’ is not standardised across Australian jurisdictions.
This is the first time I've heard of a death in custody defined in this way.

You'd also be thrilled to know that people on parole or doing something such as a community corrections order are classified as "in custody" in some jurisdictions

I cant remember the last time we had the media coverage for a missing child that didnt happen to be white...

Im sure thats just a statistical coincidence.

Must be very young then ....

Try google:

Karmein Chan, Bung Siriboon both of which were and still are ongoing stories ..................

Indigenous advocates say police were the good guys in Cleo’s disappearance but that isn’t always the experience when Aboriginal kids go missing

Another agenda driven, cherry picking article.

It strays from missing children, to murdered adults.

There is no data in that article that compares full sets of data in any meaningful way - articles like this lose credibility in my eyes.

Many deaths in custody articles are the same, and I’ve done my own research to understand definitions and understand proportionality to come to my own conclusions.

Neither left wing (like the Guardian) or right wing (like nearly everything else) media are being balanced on deaths in custody in my view.

Is the problem in this instance that there is less effort put into investigating cases involving indigenous people?

Or is it that less effort is put into investigating cases where the subject is from an already troubled situation?

If it’s the former, that’s a huge problem and is racist.

If it’s the latter, while not ideal it’s understandable as law enforcement do not have limitless resources.

If history says many cases involving already troubled people are false positives, or unfortunately it’s too late to get an outcome where the person is found alive, that would be a big factor in determining where resource goes.

So then the problem to solve is why there is a greater proportion of indigenous people in troubled situations vs. their proportion in the general population.

If that is equalised, it’s likely the flow on would be equalisation across many other outcomes. If that flow on equalisation doesn’t happen only then would that indicate a level of racism.

Why would you expect the same intensity of effort put into a teenager, who can make their own (often bad) decisions, who is missing for almost a year (and who knows what that teenager’s history is for going missing and returning?) vs. a four year old missing for a week? Irrespective of race, they are not comparable.

Im 33, spent my first 28 years in Australia, never heard of those. Was based in South Aus.
Was massive in Victoria especially the Karmen Chang one in the 90s

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Missing white kids do get more police resources than missing Indigenous kids if you look at the facts.
It's called institutional racism, you may of heard of that before.

What about the facts on resources spent on children (irrespective of race) from the same socioeconomic profile?

Is it a socioeconomic/privilege thing (which in Australia does favour specific demographics for many, many reason), or a racial thing?

I don’t know the answer, but would like to see facts.

There are missing kids (left their home of their own free will) and missing kids (kidnapped) - the scenarios are very different.

There is far too much over simplifying and conflating different things to be the same to support an agenda.

Some are conflating stolen generation (government policy, right or wrong) with an individual committing a kidnap. Ludicrous comparison.

What about the facts on resources spent on children (irrespective of race) from the same socioeconomic profile?

Is it a socioeconomic/privilege thing (which in Australia does favour specific demographics for many, many reason), or a racial thing?

I don’t know the answer, but would like to see facts.

There are missing kids (left their home of their own free will) and missing kids (kidnapped) - the scenarios are very different.

There is far too much over simplifying and conflating different things to be the same to support an agenda.

Some are conflating stolen generation (government policy, right or wrong) with an individual committing a kidnap. Ludicrous comparison.
How is a child leaving the home of their ' own free will' any less of an important issue.
You seem to blaming the child .

Solid rationale. Compelling stuff.

Show some evidence and data.

The opinion of someone who is famous for being conventionally pretty and marrying someone famous doesn’t convince me.

Neither does an anonymous internet bigot like you.

Least you did not deny being white. Go do your own research I'm not here to spoon feed you.

We all know the history of WA cops.

Do we? I don’t. Where are the facts? What are the relative proportions of instances and correlations to non-racially based commonalities?

You didn’t respond to my points and are taking it in a different direction.

Is a four year old being taken from a tent the same as a 14 year old who has an argument with their guardians and leaves their residence and can’t be located? These scenarios are being lumped together and used as evidence of favouritism.

I am not “blaming” the 14 year old, they are still a child, those are your assumptions about me. Just as I’m sure you can actually see the two scenarios are vastly different and would expect a different response from police. But that’s me making a point to pretend you think something I’m sure you don’t - like you did with me.

Do I think there are racists? Yes. Do I think there are racists in law enforcement? Yes. Do I think there have been actions and decisions made based on race by law enforcement? Yes.

The question is, are bad outcomes for indigienous people at the hands of law enforcement different to outcomes of non-indigenous of similar socioeconomic situations on the whole?

And if so, is that systemic and institutionalised racism due to policy, or is it individuals applying policy with their own biases?

Until effort is put into understanding actual dynamics and root cause, then you can’t solve it.

Simply stating a number without proportional context, or quoting an individual case, proves nothing.

Least you did not deny being white. Go do your own research I'm not here to spoon feed you.

You’re the bigot, look up what that is if you’re unsure. You fit the definition.

You don’t know if I’m white or not, or delusional or not.

You’re the one associating a negative connation purely based on race. Congratulations, you are not only a bigot, but also a racist.

I suspect you’ve done zero research, if you had you’d find it easy to present it. It’s a common trait of bigots to not do research, it may mean their view is proved to be incorrect and we couldn’t have that.

Do we? I don’t. Where are the facts? What are the relative proportions of instances and correlations to non-racially based commonalities?

You didn’t respond to my points and are taking it in a different direction.

Is a four year old being taken from a tent the same as a 14 year old who has an argument with their guardians and leaves their residence and can’t be located? These scenarios are being lumped together and used as evidence of favouritism.

I am not “blaming” the 14 year old, they are still a child, those are your assumptions about me. Just as I’m sure you can actually see the two scenarios are vastly different and would expect a different response from police. But that’s me making a point to pretend you think something I’m sure you don’t - like you did with me.

Do I think there are racists? Yes. Do I think there are racists in law enforcement? Yes. Do I think there have been actions and decisions made based on race by law enforcement? Yes.

The question is, are bad outcomes for indigienous people at the hands of law enforcement different to outcomes of non-indigenous of similar socioeconomic situations on the whole?

And if so, is that systemic and institutionalised racism due to policy, or is it individuals applying policy with their own biases?

Until effort is put into understanding actual dynamics and root cause, then you can’t solve it.

Simply stating a number without proportional context, or quoting an individual case, proves nothing.
It's not rocket science mate.
If cops refer to Indigenous people as cockroaches and animals as per the quote from that ex-cop in that article, you can't deny that is racism in it's lowest form.
And these same people are the ones who allocate resources and decide what gets investigated and what doesn't.

It's not rocket science mate.
If cops refer to Indigenous people as cockroaches and animals as per the quote from that ex-cop in that article, you can't deny that is racism in it's lowest form.
And these same people are the ones who allocate resources and decide what gets investigated and what doesn't.

Yep, there are absolutely some scummy people in positions of power. I would never deny that type of thing is racism (and I haven’t).

Things like that need to be resolved and someone behaving that way should never be ina position of authority.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back