Society/Culture Hypocrisy of The Left - part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Now Aaron Rodgers has claimed to be about to be cancelled by the left or the woke mob.

He was unable to explain what he meant or who he meant.

But thankfully he's consulting Joe Rogan for his heealth advice. Hopefully he also consults a podcaster should any CTE symptoms flare up.
I missed the bit where he actually got his contract torn up and no longer allowed in the league.
B265F80F-FBBC-4FD5-BCDF-BD0E3E34F6EA.jpeg

Now Aaron Rodgers has claimed to be about to be cancelled by the left or the woke mob.

He was unable to explain what he meant or who he meant.
He's just getting in early so he looks wronged.

Sep 21, 2004
AFL Club
GWS
He's just getting in early so he looks wronged.
It's weird.

Do something incredibly dumb and selfish.

Claim you'll be cancelled. By whom and how? Doesn't matter. He's being made fun of anc criticised. Which he deserves because he's clearly a moron.

But every 'cancel culture' lemming is attaboying him for sticking it up the cancel culture mob? How will he be cancelled? Kapernick was. Rodgers will have s**t hung on him.

Dec 20, 2014
Hong Kong
AFL Club
West Coast
It's weird.

Do something incredibly dumb and selfish.

Claim you'll be cancelled. By whom and how? Doesn't matter. He's being made fun of anc criticised. Which he deserves because he's clearly a moron.

But every 'cancel culture' lemming is attaboying him for sticking it up the cancel culture mob? How will he be cancelled? Kapernick was. Rodgers will have sh*t hung on him.
It's like you're addicted to false premises.

Dec 20, 2014
Hong Kong
AFL Club
West Coast
Sep 21, 2004
AFL Club
GWS
Ridiculing more than rebelling. And that thread is about neo-pronouns specifically.

You consider yourself an ant? Sounds like you've got low self-esteem.
Your treatise against the tyrannical regime of some people choosing to use different pronouns would be well received. Not sure about your sig; that campaigner shares your similar penchant for fighting non-existent enemies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dec 20, 2014
Hong Kong
AFL Club
West Coast
Not in comparison to the person combatting those identifying as space objects.
You go through three stages:

1. Pretending you've got something to say
2. Recoiling like a frightened turtle and advertising that you have no argument
3. Total incoherence

You've accelerated through these 3 stages on this page alone. You're efficient, I'll give you that much.

May 1, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
I feel like I answered your question.
The reason for my asking it is, I want to be sure of your position as acutely as I can be.

I just genuinely don't know why I should need to be concerned about another person's absurdity. Some people - on this board - believe in horoscopes. They believe in ghosts, in alien abductions, various religions of various levels of dubiousness. Their identifying as a moon is important to them, and it really isn't to me.

It's actually akin to Jordan Peterson's comment that he would probably refer to someone trans by their preferred pronoun because it's good manners. If it doesn't affect you any - and, in all honesty, do you expect to encounter someone who identifies as 'moonself' any time soon? - and even if it did it's not really affecting you anyway, how is it really a problem?

I suppose what I'm asking is, to what extent are you being imposed upon by this person? How is this influencing you, is it likely to be a situation you are actively placed in at any point over the next year?

Dec 20, 2014
Hong Kong
AFL Club
West Coast
The reason for my asking it is, I want to be sure of your position as acutely as I can be.

I just genuinely don't know why I should need to be concerned about another person's absurdity. Some people - on this board - believe in horoscopes. They believe in ghosts, in alien abductions, various religions of various levels of dubiousness. Their identifying as a moon is important to them, and it really isn't to me.

It's actually akin to Jordan Peterson's comment that he would probably refer to someone trans by their preferred pronoun because it's good manners. If it doesn't affect you any - and, in all honesty, do you expect to encounter someone who identifies as 'moonself' any time soon? - and even if it did it's not really affecting you anyway, how is it really a problem?

I suppose what I'm asking is, to what extent are you being imposed upon by this person? How is this influencing you, is it likely to be a situation you are actively placed in at any point over the next year?
Now you're asking a different question. Has it affected me directly? No. But nor have school shootings and I'm not keen on those either. Do you have to be affected directly by something to criticise it?

Nor does it render the request less ridiculous. By all means, if they want to sit around at home telling themselves they're a moon, good luck to them. But any assumption that everyone else should modify their language in accordance with how moonself identifies, that should not be humoured for one second. Can you imagine employing someone and then on their first day they tell HR that they want to be referred to as moonself in all correspondece because that's how they identify? You'd regard it as lunacy. If you started identifying as Napoleon, you'd be institutionalised. But moonself is fine and we should humour these fantasies? No, I don't think so. The rest of society doesn't have to accommodate this rubbish.

Fundamentally, I see this as the excesses of the progressive left and I think it's a bad idea to lean into issues like this, which are obviously and profoundly unserious. And now we're told the language needs to be modified so moonself feels validated in identifying as a moon. Why on earth (or moon) would/should anyone go along with this nonsense?

The RW and the LW both have their own perverse culture war obsessions. They should be ridiculed on both counts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back