Rumour And they say Footballers are dumb - got nothing on their WAGs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 16, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
“It is known and understood…” is your opinion.

A piece of journalism that quotes a former police officer that starts with “I have to say…” is not an example of investigation or good journalism, it’s recording and repeating an opinion.

I have seen people respond in surveys with verbatim that is patently untrue or absurd, yet I’m sure they believe it’s true or at least reflects how they felt about their experience.

This is not to say that racism doesn’t happen, it clearly does (and has done for millennia and will continue to), I’m saying a few anecdotes and opinions are not compelling to illustrate the scale of a problem.
You keep choosing to ignore any info that contradicts your bigoted ideas, yes you the person who has the gall to call other a bigot.
Just because the information is not presented to you in manner that suits your idea of evidence that does not mean it is not real and true. You look through your white eyes very narrowly. You make no effort to go look for yourself and ridicule anything that is presented to you.
You choose not to look at or seek any information that would demonstrate the prejudice aboriginals face.

BIGOT _ a person who is obstinately or unreasonably attached to a belief, opinion, or faction, especially one who is prejudiced against or antagonistic towards a person or people on the basis of their membership of a particular group.

As a % more non-Aboriginal people die in custody that Aboriginal. Also, the deaths in custody includes illness, not just neglect/brutality.

except Aboriginal people only make up 3% of the entire population - did you consider that in your stats.

Lampers

Premiership Player
May 27, 2004
Eastside
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Melbourne
We should apply the law equally to all and consequence equally for all.

It’s almost like you have an agenda to pursue for unequal treatment to create a mathematically agreeable data set.

Those arguing with you aren’t asking for preferential treatment - they are seeking the end of it.

My agenda is for people to use facts, analyse it, and come up with workable solutions. Plenty with other agenda don’t seem interested in that.

Lampers

Premiership Player
May 27, 2004
Eastside
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Melbourne
You keep choosing to ignore any info that contradicts your bigoted ideas, yes you the person who has the gall to call other a bigot.
Just because the information is not presented to you in manner that suits your idea of evidence that does not mean it is not real and true. You look through your white eyes very narrowly. You make no effort to go look for yourself and ridicule anything that is presented to you.
You choose not to look at or seek any information that would demonstrate the prejudice aboriginals face.

BIGOT _ a person who is obstinately or unreasonably attached to a belief, opinion, or faction, especially one who is prejudiced against or antagonistic towards a person or people on the basis of their membership of a particular group.

Oh man, you are a charicatue of yourself. You are doing exactly what you are being critical of and can’t even see it.

What makes you think I am white? Quite presumptuous of you.

They make up a rather larger % of convicted criminals who have been gaoled.

Not according your maths
But we are back at the beginning now, so I’m just going to leave you too it

Jan 16, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Oh man, you are a charicatue of yourself. You are doing exactly what you are being critical of and can’t even see it.

What makes you think I am white? Quite presumptuous of you.
Your blindness to the way of life in the remote communities and the lack of respect they get from police. Maybe your not blind to it but its more that you just dont care. You enjoy the inequality but just are not brave enough to come out and say this so you hide behind empty arguments.

You are so dismissive of anything that is offered and yet you hide behind questions asking for data which if not supplied means there is no problem . Truly pathetic.
Andrew Bolt would be proud of you . Avoid questions and statements and then deflect.

Show me the data that qualifies your opinion???

ExcitementMachine

Premiership Player
Aug 5, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
Your blindness to the way of life in the remote communities and the lack of respect they get from police. Maybe your not blind to it but its more that you just dont care. You enjoy the inequality but just are not brave enough to come out and say this so you hide behind empty arguments.

You are so dismissive of anything that is offered and yet you hide behind questions asking for data which if not supplied means there is no problem . Truly pathetic.
Andrew Bolt would be proud of you . Avoid questions and statements and then deflect.
from

Mate, the guys simply using reason and facts to form his position - which does discredit the notion that Indigenous people are mistreated by the Police in custody. The example of false equivalence -

a.) a 14yo running away from home
b.) a 4yo Abducted

Was paramount to the discussion triggered by Jacinta Franklins tweet which she took down a few hours having posted it.

Look, it's a very refreshing perspective - he's definitely NOT getting his sources from the ABC or the Guardian - but if that's where you get all of your news from - then I'd say this is a truly uncomfortable conversation for you, and one that deserves to be had from an other perspective.

If you want to have confirmation bias of your world view - keep watching the ABC or read up on the Guardian - and without any irony - tell us Jacinta Franklin was telling the truth - celebrate Indigenous culture every five minutes - and have the so called uncomfortable conversation various times throughout the day.

Sep 16, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
It’s never a good time - same response, different topic

There is no better time than now. The media are milking every moment of the return and the public are soaking it up. Meanwhile there’s still kids missing - why not use this time to highlight that and put their faces out there.
There was a Cleo group on FB with almost 70k followers that have today re-branded themselves as a missing Australian kids page now.

A brilliant move and hopefully it makes a difference.

HavUEvaSeenTheRain

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 20, 2006
AFL Club
Carlton
What similar cases has there been to this in the last 5-10 years (social media, 24 hour news cycle) where a child has been abducted with absolutely no obvious reason or suspects?
I’m not saying there aren’t any but all the comparisons I can find are apples and oranges and no one has really brought any up.
No doubt there is bias from the media but I think under similar circumstances any case like this one would whip up a media frenzy.

Johnny Bananas

Premiership Player Hater
Sep 10, 2010
Next door
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Look, it's a very refreshing perspective - he's definitely NOT getting his sources from the ABC or the Guardian - but if that's where you get all of your news from - then I'd say this is a truly uncomfortable conversation for you, and one that deserves to be had from an other perspective.
Do you think those sites don't use statistics or something? I can assure you they do. It seems like you're just using them to represent everything you don't like in society or political leanings.

Johnny Bananas

Premiership Player Hater
Sep 10, 2010
Next door
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
What similar cases has there been to this in the last 5-10 years (social media, 24 hour news cycle) where a child has been abducted with absolutely no obvious reason or suspects?
I’m not saying there aren’t any but all the comparisons I can find are apples and oranges and no one has really brought any up.
No doubt there is bias from the media but I think under similar circumstances any case like this one would whip up a media frenzy.
William Tyrrell.

ExcitementMachine

Premiership Player
Aug 5, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
Do you think those sites don't use statistics or something? I can assure you they do. It seems like you're just using them to represent everything you don't like in society or political leanings.

Do you think the ABC doesn't have an agenda? No whataboutism -or anything - it might be the best mainstream new source on free to air - but it has a woke agenda IMO

If you say otherwise - I'd call you delusional.

Lampers

Premiership Player
May 27, 2004
Eastside
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Melbourne

Since you’re trying to analyse someone you know nothing about while bravely sitting at your keyboard, why don’t I give it a go too.

Your bias is showing again, and your casual racism too. Actually, your racism is overt, you just hide it behind a social justice agenda. You listen to nobody else except those in your echo chamber. You are bigoted in your views.

You believe you have clever arguments, but they are fatally flawed.

You are what you hate. You are identical to Andrew Bolt in style, you just have a different starting point.

Deliciously ironic.

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
How is a child leaving the home of their ' own free will' any less of an important issue.
You seem to blaming the child .

A kid running away from an abusive or dangerous situation is as important as a 3 year old being kidnapped by a stranger? Mate, you want to call out and fix the reasons those kids leave home, best of luck to you.

Last edited:

Tim Evans Beard

Cancelled
East Side Hawks - Sweet F.A. Chess Club Member
Apr 9, 2016
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
A kid running away from an abusive or dangerous situation is the as important as a 3 year old being kidnapped by a stranger? Mate, you want to call out and fix the reasons those kids leave home, best of luck to you.

It was day 3 when it was confirmed as an abduction rather than no absconding. Still plenty of media for the first 3 days.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
It was day 3 when it was confirmed as an abduction rather than no absconding. Still plenty of media for the first 3 days.

Didn't they know straight away because the tent zip was opened up higher than the kid could reach? So they would have known she was taken either way. Even if it was estranged family, it's still Amber alert worthy. Totally different to missing kids, of any colour, where there's history of similar events and clear reasons why they'd want to piss off.

Last edited:

Johnny Bananas

Premiership Player Hater
Sep 10, 2010
Next door
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Do you think the ABC doesn't have an agenda? No whataboutism -or anything - it might be the best mainstream new source on free to air - but it has a woke agenda IMO

If you say otherwise - I'd call you delusional.
I don't know what part of my post suggested I thought they didn't. Everyone on earth has an agenda. What do you mean by "woke agenda" and do you have examples of this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back