FTA-TV Dexter: New Blood (Season 9)

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Yet you are still watching the block.

Meh, The Block is not my cup of tea, but who am I to judge. I am a massive fan of The Muppets and other guilty pleasure shows like Riverdale.

The Block is one of commercial Aussie Free to Air TV'S most highest and successful programs, so it must be doing something right.

dexter.gif

Mar 7, 2009
On the Buses
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Melbourne Stars
Gotta say the first ep was great. Felt like Dexter right from the start. Weird that the cop lady looks a lot like Debra (to me). When the original Dexter theme played during the credits, I was like, yep, Dexter is back.

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baltimore Ravens, Atletico
Thought the first episode was okay. Things felt a bit rushed, and they really hit the viewers over the head with "this guy is an entitled arsehole" examples basically every time they showed that "Matt" guy. That said, it was beautifully shot and it was good to have Dexter back

I also couldn't shake the feeling that this Harrison that appeared is too old, but I can't decide if that's because the actor is clearly not a teenager, or if its just because I'm misremembering events from the original show (i.e. that he wasn't 3 or 4 years old at the end and was actually closer to being 8 or 9)

Really enjoyed it. Reasonably predictable who was who and what was going to happen but good set up. The song choices throughout the ep were fantastic. Hopefully we're in for a high quality season.

Sep 11, 2003
Slovenia
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
Gotta say the first ep was great. Felt like Dexter right from the start. Weird that the cop lady looks a lot like Debra. When the original Dexter theme played during the credits, I was like, yep, Dexter is back.
No she doesn’t haha 😀 the cop lady is ******* hot.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
No she doesn’t haha 😀 the cop lady is ******* hot.

Agree, Deborah looks like a horse, this cop lassie (Angela) has stunning native American features.

dexternewblood-pr-single-angela-0141-r-jpg-1636129438.jpg

images

Hard to believe Julia Jones (the actor who plays her) is 40.
Unfortunatelyi feel like something bad is going to happen to the character down the track 😢😢😢

Agree, Deborah looks like a horse, this cop lassie (Angela) has stunning native American features.

dexternewblood-pr-single-angela-0141-r-jpg-1636129438.jpg

images

Hard to believe Julia Jones (the actor who plays her) is 40.
Unfortunatelyi feel like something bad is going to happen to the character down the track 😢😢😢
Julia is part Native American, Choctaw and Chickasaw. She appeared in Longmire as a young Native American rape victim, around 20 years old, when in real life she was 34! I didn't pick it at all until I was looking up Longmire on imdb.

I loved the original series, although it ended poorly, but I'll have to give this a go.

Last edited:

Tackle Bag

Club Legend
Dec 5, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Enjoyed the episode but felt his actions were more reckless and less thought through than used to be the case. I guess the writers are covering a lot of ground in ep 1. Great to have this show back

Sep 11, 2003
Slovenia
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
Enjoyed the episode but felt his actions were more reckless and less thought through than used to be the case. I guess the writers are covering a lot of ground in ep 1. Great to have this show back
Compared to the last few seasons it was meticulous 😆. And the crime was impulsive as opposed to calculated so there was no planning anyway.

Back