glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees
It was comically obvious was Xander was doing last night, and it's incredible that they fell for it.

Absolutely agree.Well played by Xander, however they fell for that so easily. When I saw him basically tell everyone that he’s got it, and will play it for Evie, and then so obviously/boastfully showing it off at tribal and holding it up - surely Liana and co would’ve thought is he bluffing? Is this a misdirect? To mask who really has it etc?

It was all just too good to be true (from Liana’s perspective) and quite surprised how easily they fell for it. 3 votes to Xander for that tribal, I think he’s in a bit of trouble for the next vote.

Just to be nitpickey… xander gave his idol some chick (forgot her name), so when he was asked did he have an idol he could say no, yet a minute late the chick with the idol says, xander I still have YOUR idol do you want me to play it for Evie ?
So in reality he still had an idol, he just wasn’t holding it
The clue said it had to be in his possession when he was asked.

Jan 29, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Nah i hate it. Its just a tool to slam dunk against the minority and give no outs as far as entertainment go. It will almost never be of any use to someone in a minority and if the majority get it then it cant be countered and takes no strategy to play. Just a TV killer

At least this one could provide entertainment once its known its in play
Can't argue with that.

Dec 29, 2000
AFL Club
Adelaide
Think the twists are fine. After all you had to draw rocks to decide which tribe for the immunity challemge you were on last week. Seriously, that means it comes down to luck and as it turned out the strongest team drawn by rocks won that challenge. Lady luck does play a role in Survivor.

If at the end of the day these twists mean you have to keep changing your strategy and can’t get too comfortable then I’m good with that.

And why announce to all and sundry you have advantages - keep it to yourself would be the way I’d go until you get towards the end.

Mentallo

Premiership Player
Apr 23, 2005
Your minds eye.
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
So I caught up a couple of eps today.
If any of the producers from Australian Survivor read this.

DON'T COPY SEASON 41 OF THE US VERSION.

I will persist but right now I don't really care who wins.

I hope to go for S43 they go 39 days no idols no advantages.

Feb 28, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baltimore Ravens, Atletico
So I caught up a couple of eps today.
If any of the producers from Australian Survivor read this.

DON'T COPY SEASON 41 OF THE US VERSION.
To me, Survivor 41 appears to be what happens when the US producers try to make their version more like the Australian one

Jan 29, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I have been thinking far too much about this. But I was wondering if Tiffany could have returned a fake idol to Xander, telling him it's the real one and saying that she really thinks Liana will see through the ploy and ask Tiffany for the idol - like a double bluff. Then when Liana asked Xander for the idol, he could give it to her thinking it's a real one, so he wouldn't be lying as such. It's not a lie if he thinks it's real.

Tiffany would have then needed to play the idol, but they could have gotten Deshawn out. So probably not a better outcome overall, given that Sydney left and they still have the idol 🤔

To me, Survivor 41 appears to be what happens when the US producers try to make their version more like the Australian one
You can criticise a lot about this season, but at least everyone who has been voted out has gone home.

Mentallo

Premiership Player
Apr 23, 2005
Your minds eye.
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
You can criticise a lot about this season, but at least everyone who has been voted out has gone home.

With shorter seasons I doubt we will ever see players voted out return to the game.

Yeah I can see this argument as well.

Both versions really need to tone down the idols / advantages.

I said this very early on and others have said it as well but the whole thing feels rushed.

Jugada

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 5, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
I have been thinking far too much about this. But I was wondering if Tiffany could have returned a fake idol to Xander, telling him it's the real one and saying that she really thinks Liana will see through the ploy and ask Tiffany for the idol - like a double bluff. Then when Liana asked Xander for the idol, he could give it to her thinking it's a real one, so he wouldn't be lying as such. It's not a lie if he thinks it's real.

Tiffany would have then needed to play the idol, but they could have gotten Deshawn out. So probably not a better outcome overall, given that Sydney left and they still have the idol 🤔

Gone way too far down the rabbit hole i think lol. Im not sure Xander would be believing that given it was his idol so he knows what it looked like an hour ago when he gave it to Tiffany and asking a lot for her to make a replica out of random bits and string

revo333

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 7, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
It was all just too good to be true (from Liana’s perspective) and quite surprised how easily they fell for it. 3 votes to Xander for that tribal, I think he’s in a bit of trouble for the next vote.

Still has his Idol (If Tiff gives it back)

Jan 29, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Gone way too far down the rabbit hole i think lol. Im not sure Xander would be believing that given it was his idol so he knows what it looked like an hour ago when he gave it to Tiffany and asking a lot for her to make a replica out of random bits and string
Yeah it was mostly a hypothetical, it would have required him to keep it wrapped and not actually check it. Then when Liana opened it, would he have had to come clean? I wonder if production would have intervened etc.

Feb 28, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baltimore Ravens, Atletico
"Live tribals" were interesting once upon a time, but if they happen too often they just become annoying.

You almost get the impression that this group is relying on them to make a decision this season, which makes you wonder just how much strategy is going into deciding who they all vote for

Back