• 33CFAC1C-632C-4377-B43C-5591D3A31B0F.png
    33CFAC1C-632C-4377-B43C-5591D3A31B0F.png
    55.9 KB · Views: 187

Collie_wobbles

Senior List
Oct 25, 2021
AFL Club
Collingwood
I wonder how soundproof(ed) that dividing common internal wall is, what type of rooms are on either side of that dividing internal wall, what material it is made of.

Probably wouldn't have been too hard to do some covert surveillance of the accused's side of the duplex, from the inside of the other side of the duplex.

I pinched this article from another forum, it's from his neighbour

Attachments

• News Article 061121(2).jpg
    News Article 061121(2).jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 161
Mar 5, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Socceroos - Matildas
I pinched this article from another forum, it's from his neighbour

I posted the full version screenshot of this article in the Media thread here yesterday morning if anyone wants to read the unredacted version

'he had “no idea” his neighbour apparently had a bizarre interest in dolls.'

Mar 5, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Socceroos - Matildas
'7NEWS filmed a Bratz doll being taken as evidence. Forensics have also been seen holding a box full of pens, markers and crayons – as well as biohazard bags, likely holding samples.'

'A big brown tent is erected in the driveway behind the home, which is enclosed — unlike a gazebo that was outside the home previously — to give police officers privacy.'

Screen Shot 2021-11-07 at 10.44.36 pm.png

Screen Shot 2021-11-07 at 10.45.47 pm.png

Mar 5, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Socceroos - Matildas
So there WAS a colouring in book!

The Media is not reporting a colouring book.
Tonight they are just reporting colouring and drawing implements.

'Cleo Smith: Dolls, pencils seized from house as investigation continues
Footage shows forensic officers removing dolls and colouring pencils from the house where Cleo Smith was found as the investigation continues.'

Screen Shot 2021-11-07 at 11.09.42 pm.png

Since we can be guided by accredited media ... the podcast is in here.

In May 2019, the year before her death, Penelope Walker gave an oral history interview about her life including how she came to raise two of her grandsons alongside the boy she called Terry.

Agree why didn't she make a noise. I think she knew him
Maybe she couldn't sleep after the drink of water and he opened the tent a little way and put a doll in the doorway and she got up to see it and he lured her out whispering to come and see all his dolls in the car. So she went willingly up to a point. Kids are very trusting.

Doesn't explain the sleeping bag though. Has there been any mention of it being found at the house?

Maybe she couldn't sleep after the drink of water and he opened the tent a little way and put a doll in the doorway and she got up to see it and he lured her out whispering to come and see all his dolls in the car. So she went willingly up to a point. Kids are very trusting.

Parents probably would have heard it, he would have done this as quietly and quickly as possible.

Doesn't explain the sleeping bag though. Has there been any mention of it being found at the house?

The police have said they've got more evidence but not saying yet what it is. Could be the sleeping bag.

Aug 19, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Interesting point that I haven't heard discussed, the court was an open one and media were there, wouldn't both charges have had to been discussed in that court hearing if he was charged with them both? Makes me think there is a supression on the second charge.

Interesting point that I haven't heard discussed, the court was an open one and media were there, wouldn't both charges have had to been discussed in that court hearing if he was charged with them both? Makes me think there is a supression on the second charge.

Suppression of one covered charge was mentioned a bit earlier but it might also be that the press have exercised 'journalistic ethics' and determined not to release the details. LOL ethics.

Collie_wobbles

Senior List
Oct 25, 2021
AFL Club
Collingwood
A tradesman who once painted the inside of the Homewest house on behalf of Western Australia’s public housing department said TK told him he had a young daughter, after seeing the room that was decorated for a little girl, with shelves lined with dolls.

Paywalled

Collie_wobbles

Senior List
Oct 25, 2021
AFL Club
Collingwood
Two trailers were packed to the brim with evidence bags and driven away, expected to now be taken to a laboratory, likely in Perth, for examination. It is unclear what exactly police have carted away.

Paywalled

This might be it.

'Cleo Smith suspect Terence Darrell Kelly ‘claimed room of dolls was for his daughter’
Investigators are interested in a lock on an internal door that Terence Darrell Kelly may have installed himself in his home.
  • EXCLUSIVE
    PAIGE TAYLOR
    INDIGENOUS AFFAIRS CORRESPONDENT, WA BUREAU CHIEF
A tradesman who worked inside the home of Cleo Smith’s alleged abductor has told police that Terence Darrell Kelly claimed he had a young daughter.

The man who painted the Homeswest house for Western Australia’s public housing department said Mr Kelly had told him he had a daughter after the painter had seen a room that looked like it was decorated for a little girl, with shelves that were lined with dolls.

The man is among the people interviewed by police since Mr Kelly’s arrest on Wednesday.

Investigators are particularly interested in a lock on an internal door that Mr Kelly may have installed himself. While the state government has a policy of not installing locks on internal doors for safety reasons, at least one of the rooms in Mr Kelly’s rented home can be locked from the outside.

Being known to police, however, put him in a relatively large group of people identified through profiling. The investigation began to focus intently on Mr Kelly when detectives received information that they will say shows one of three mobile phone towers close to the campground detected a phone registered to Mr Kelly at 3am on the day Cleo was abducted.

The Point Quobba phone tower was installed just over a year ago as part of a national phone black spot program.

Police believe it was Mr Kelly’s phone that pinged the tower about 90 minutes after Cleo’s mother, Ellie Smith, last saw her – when she gave her eldest daughter a drink of water in the tent at 1.30am – and around the time police say a motorist on North West Coastal Highway saw a car leaving the campground road and turning right towards Carnarvon.

A source familiar with events in the hours before Mr Kelly’s arrest said the mobile phone data was important but detectives soon found other things they believed implicated Mr Kelly. Police have not said what they are.

deanc

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 13, 2014
Waverley
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tasmania
i dread to think. so relieved she was found relatively soon, because even if he had tended her with the very best of care, he'd have run into problems at her first need of medical attention, unless connected to a ring which had medicos onboard.
either way, it was not going to end well.

imho

Agree, although I suspect Kelly's legal defense will attempt to argue the environment Cleo was placed in, was one of care, not danger..!

Pending the physc report from Cleo's testimony, this maybe the strongest argument defending the perpetrators reprehensible actions...

Last edited:

sprockets

Cancelled
Crime Board Sleuth BeanCoiNFT Investor
Oct 15, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
I reckon a fair bit will be suppressed and he'll end up with more time behind bars than many people expect, unfortunately (not for him).

sprockets

Cancelled
Crime Board Sleuth BeanCoiNFT Investor
Oct 15, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
Suppression of one covered charge was mentioned a bit earlier but it might also be that the press have exercised 'journalistic ethics' and determined not to release the details. LOL ethics.
Careful...

Likeamystery

All Australian
Aug 11, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
Hi all,

I haven’t bothered to read any of the FB posts. One thing which intrigues me is how TK managed to keep a young child without the neighbours hearing periodical sobbing. He lived in a duplex and two cars were parked in the neighbour’s driveway.

When located, CS was alone, but awake at 1am, sounds like an irregular sleep pattern. Could it be possible, CS was administered with a sedative? Being sedated may have provided an opportunity for something sinister too.

I’ve raised five girls, three of them are placid and the other two regularly threw tantrums. All five would have started to wake-up whenever they were asleep and picked up to be put into bed. Whatever the nature of CS, it wouldn’t have been easy to pacify or console her. Crikey, imagine the scene once she woke up to find TK!

The toy room reminds me of Neverland, where children entertain themselves for hours. How do we know if TK collected the toys for himself, or rather it’s more like a playroom for an unfortunate child? Like for grooming purposes.

It’s been mentioned that TK was seen at the camping ground beforehand but not known to have slept overnight. Also, may have gone there with intentions of theft, but there’s no mention of campers having any items stolen. Fortunately, TKs been apprehended with what appears to be an alleged initial abduction.

Unfortunately, through experience, I’m aware of paedophilic behaviour (I wasn’t the victim). Over the next few months, a specialized child unit of WAPOL will spend time screening TKs phone or camera photos. Any children will need to be identified. If there’s any photos of CS the parents won’t be shown, but provided with a description. In a way, photos are good, because they provide proof – the accused isn’t in a position to plead ‘not guilty’.

When a child undergoes a medical examination, it doesn’t, always prove or exclude, foul pay. With a referral The Children’s Hospital undertake STI checks, and I’d urge any parent to double check those, in the future, they could inquire with their GP.

Back