Player Watch Patrick Lipinski

Remove this Banner Ad

True though I still be Wearing a Mask at the Footy
72F8B94E-8E93-40F4-9BF0-CFA02990DCEB.jpeg

Looks like he has been training every couple days, now with Maynard, Howe and Murphy.

Good to see.

Even though he wouldn't be required to, not being a 1-4 year player, But I'm assuming he will start on day 1 of pre-season Nov 22 which is only a couple weeks. Might as well start making a good impression.

Magpie_96

Debutant
Jul 1, 2021
AFL Club
Collingwood
Looks like he has been training every couple days, now with Maynard, Howe and Murphy.

Good to see.

Even though he wouldn't be required to, not being a 1-4 year player, But I'm assuming he will start on day 1 of pre-season Nov 22 which is only a couple weeks. Might as well start making a good impression.
Just wondering although pre season starts 2 days before the draft, would Nick Daicos begin training with the squad anyway since he is already signed with us or would he begin the following week?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

partypie

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 26, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls, Green Bay Packers
Just wondering although pre season starts 2 days before the draft, would Nick Daicos begin training with the squad anyway since he is already signed with us or would he begin the following week?

He'll begin the following week, there's a bunch of stuff he has to go through before he can officially step onto the training track as a Collingwood player, not the least of which is actually being drafted.

He'll begin the following week, there's a bunch of stuff he has to go through before he can officially step onto the training track as a Collingwood player, not the least of which is actually being drafted.

Maybe even that Friday after the draft

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

The Friday after the draft will probably be the traditional tour / photo op for tne new draftees, pretty sure they'll step out onto the track on the Monday.
Usually, sometimes that happens. But I noticed the first session after the draft last year. Reef and all the boys started. But the year before, Bianco and the others just watched the training session, so I guess it varies. Depending on what they have to do.

Mollythedolly

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 21, 2021
AFL Club
Collingwood
Usually, sometimes that happens. But I noticed the first session after the draft last year. Reef and all the boys started. But the year before, Bianco and the others just watched the training session, so I guess it varies. Depending on what they have to do.

All draftee's generally have their "thou shalt/thou shalt not" session collectively with the AFL in the first few days after being drafted. In years gone by, the players watching those training session have had to depart training to do that which is why they weren't actually training.

All draftee's generally have their "thou shalt/thou shalt not" session collectively with the AFL in the first few days after being drafted.

They may delay it until JDG is back in the country as he's going to be the keynote speaker.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back