Current Ex Rebels President Assassinated by Sniper Shot at the Motorplex Perth - WA

Remove this Banner Ad

Of interest:

I think most of us reacted the same - its a fine line between right and wrong when there are mental health issues in play. Though have to say too many people these days are pulling the 'mental health issues' card to get away with too many things.
On the flip side of that, too often there are mental health issues that really need treating & they get lost into the justice system where they don't get the help they really do need & instead placed in a prison that's totally unsuitable & illequipt to manage them. Its not good for the staff, for the others inmates & especially not for the person.
Seeing that footage & reading about the circumstances reminded me of the guy who murdered Ian Baz Bosch at the bus stop in Perth. He's paranoid schizophrenic & he's now detained indefinitely in Graylands Mental Hospital thankfully.
I know on very good authority, that throughout his life & particularly when he was having a really hard time keeping the voices at bay, he often insisted he was either a cop or a bikie & got particularly distressed if someone replied that wasn't true. Posing as one of those 2 groups I can only assume it was either the fear he had of them, or the perception of fear he believed others had of those types of people. Overwhelmingly, he appeared to say it when he was the most fearful himself, sadly, of his own thoughts.
I doubt he'll be released for some time, if ever, but I also know he couldn't possibly have been held criminally responsible because he wasn't in his right mind when he committed the murder. I'm also aware that since getting 24/7 care, it's the moments of clarity when he's fully aware what he did that it overwhelms him & he's often heavily sedated to minimise his own suicide risk because of his actions. It's heartbreaking for all involved.

Yeah, I should have read the article, not just watched the moving pictures. They shouldn't have included that footage, it has no relationship to OMCGs.
As I said, it suits their agenda perfectly despite it being utterly disengenuous, what do they care about perpetuating a myth to increase fear of these people anyway they can.

Last edited:
On the flip side of that, too often there are mental health issues that really need treating & they get lost into the justice system where they don't get the help they really do need & instead placed in a prison that's totally unsuitable & illequipt to manage them. Its not good for the staff, for the others inmates & especially not for the person.
Seeing that footage & reading about the circumstances reminded me of the guy who murdered Ian Baz Bosch at the bus stop in Perth. He's paranoid schizophrenic & he's now detained indefinitely in Graylands Mental Hospital thankfully.
I know on very good authority, that throughout his life & particularly when he was having a really hard time keeping the voices at bay, he often insisted he was either a cop or a bikie & got particularly distressed if someone replied that wasn't true. Posing as one of those 2 groups I can only assume it was either the fear he had of them, or the perception of fear he believed others had of those types of people. Overwhelmingly, he appeared to say it when he was the most fearful himself, sadly, of his own thoughts.
I doubt he'll be released for some time, if ever, but I also know he couldn't possibly have been held criminally responsible because he wasn't in his right mind when he committed the murder. I'm also aware that since getting 24/7 care, it's the moments of clarity when he's fully aware what he did that it overwhelms him & he's often heavily sedated to minimise his own suicide risk because of his actions. It's heartbreaking for all involved.
Yes, you are absolutely correct. Which brings to mind ' Teancum Petersen-Crofts ', whom if had received the correct mental health care may have not committed the horrendous murders of his Mother, Brother and Sister.

Yes, you are absolutely correct. Which brings to mind ' Teancum Petersen-Crofts ', whom if had received the correct mental health care may have not committed the horrendous murders of his Mother, Brother and Sister.
Wow... Didn't fit the criteria for involuntary admission to a mental health facility!

It shouldn't matter whether the person is suffering a drug induced psychosis or otherwise when there was clearly something very wrong for his mother to be afraid of him & his ramblings suggest a serious delusional state regardless. The risk of harming someone should outweigh any cause that person had for being in that state. As medical professionals they would know full well that an undiagnosed mental illness is often the reason they turn to drugs to begin with, to try to escape it anyway they can.
There's just no winners in these situations. Tragic all round.

If the shooter owned a boat, I’m not sure why he wouldn’t take it out and dump the gun at the bottom of the ocean miles from any coast line

Is this news?
Sorry, not stayed across this.

I've not heard of this person they call 'The Baker'. From your link:

Police have a man in custody who they believe to be the mastermind behind the assassination of Rebels bikie boss Nick Martin.

Police have been investigating the possibility that a man code-named “The Baker” ordered the hit on the bikie, who was shot at the Perth Motorplex in Kwinana last year.

A man is in custody and charges are imminent against the man.

He is facing six charges, including conspiracy to murder Martin and conspiracy to murder Comanchero bikie Ray Cilli.

Cilli was State Commander of the WA chapter of the Comancheros. It is understood he is currently living in Thailand.

The man police have in custody is believed to have been pulling the strings before Martin was shot in front of his family and shocked onlookers at the packed motorplex.

This might be one we missed.
God that rag is full of s**t claiming that half of Casaurina's 1200 person population are bikies. Recent articles on the introduction of the new laws stated the entire outlaw population in WA, which included members of all feeder groups who aren't patched, was 730 total, yet here they are claiming half the max security prison population is made up of them. Hard to know what you trust or when you can take what they say seriously when they so often print blatantly lies to suit.

God that rag is full of sh*t claiming that half of Casaurina's 1200 person population are bikies. Recent articles on the introduction of the new laws stated the entire outlaw population in WA, which included members of all feeder groups who aren't patched, was 730 total, yet here they are claiming half the max security prison population is made up of them. Hard to know what you trust or when you can take what they say seriously when they so often print blatantly lies to suit.

What rag is that ?

David James Pye was charged yesterday with five offences, including the murder of Martin and two counts of inciting another person to murder two other people — a 35-year-old woman and a 35-year-old bikie gang member living overseas.

He appeared via video link from Casuarina prison flanked by three guards, shackled and wearing an orange jumpsuit

The courtroom was closed to the public ...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

David James Pye was charged yesterday with five offences, including the murder of Martin and two counts of inciting another person to murder two other people — a 35-year-old woman and a 35-year-old bikie gang member living overseas.

He appeared via video link from Casuarina prison flanked by three guards, shackled and wearing an orange jumpsuit

The courtroom was closed to the public ...
They seem to like shackles on Perth! Side note.., still don’t get why a mercenary made so many mistakes 🤷‍♀️ Sounds like blackmail...

In retrospect I’m kinda glad the police nailed this guy and barely went through the motions of suppressing his name. That will no doubt upset the rival cosplayers along with keeping the tattooists busy (the ones whose shops haven’t spontaneously combusted lol) performing the ‘revenge’ tribal neck markings.

Getting popcorn…

In retrospect I’m kinda glad the police nailed this guy and barely went through the motions of suppressing his name. That will no doubt upset the rival cosplayers along with keeping the tattooists busy (the ones whose shops haven’t spontaneously combusted lol) performing the ‘revenge’ tribal neck markings.

Getting popcorn…
Haha.... I like ur style bro

Holy sh*t at that last clip
I wonder what the scenario was for that.....

They talked about him "thinking he was a prospect to join a club".....was this some sort of extreme hazing routine or "how well do you stand up to threats" test?

Did they just think he was a tryhard who didn't have what it took to join? In that case, just tell him to &^%$ off and not hang around anymore.

I wonder what the scenario was for that.....

They talked about him "thinking he was a prospect to join a club".....was this some sort of extreme hazing routine or "how well do you stand up to threats" test?

Did they just think he was a tryhard who didn't have what it took to join? In that case, just tell him to &^%$ off and not hang around anymore.
Maybe he’s just a complete dim wit who was after cash - which you can’t actually buy anything with without having an awkward conversation with the ACCC at some point.

Why would you even want to join the Scary Monsters of Hades? They all seem to dob each other in and roll over for reduced sentences. You can get scary tats of skulls and crossbones though.

More gun fire in WA - this time a drive-by shooting at Silica Road, Wattle Grove 2.10am this morning

https://www.perthnow.com.au/news/cr...nvestigate-after-gunman-opens-fire--c-4682995

WAPOL are set to harness new powers to keep guns out of the hands of bikies and other serious criminals after a spate of public shootings.

Legislation to be introduced in State Parliament on Wednesday (tomorrow) will create firearm prohibition orders, which have helped curb gun crime in NSW, Victoria and South Australia.

Maximum jail terms for drive-by shootings will more than double and it will also become illegal to manufacture 3-D printed guns that are made of plastic but capable of firing live bullets.

Died and went to Bali/Thailand, or an interstate jail?
'Mark “Shock” Rodgers, once vice-president of the Rebels’ WA chapter, died “peacefully and unexpectedly in his sleep” in recent weeks, according to his family.

“Mark we have no words, we are broken but you will be in all our hearts forever,” they wrote in a death notice.

It is understood Rodgers’ death is not being treated as suspicious by police.'

Former Rebels bikie boss Nick Martin's sniper-style assassination draws 20-year jail sentence
By Joanna Menagh
Posted 1h ago1 hours ago, updated 3m ago3 minutes ago

The former soldier who murdered a notorious Perth bikie in a sniper-style attack at the Perth Motorplex has avoided a life jail term because he has promised to testify against the alleged mastermind of the killing.

Key points:
  • The man, who can't be identified, admitted murdering Nick Martin
  • Martin died in hospital after being shot once at Kwinana Motorplex
  • The ex-soldier was paid $100 000 for the hit, the court was told

The 35-year-old man, who cannot be identified, admitted planning and carrying out the shooting in December last year in return for being paid $100,000.
The Supreme Court was told the man was also offered another $800,000 to kill another bikie who lived overseas, but he did not commit to carrying it out.

Getting ripped off by a bikie, who would have thought?
And then he takes on another job for them! Interesting that they said they couldn't afford to pay him the full amount but then pay him hundreds of thousands more for a second hit.

Note to self: When doing a hit for bikies get the full amount up front.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back