Rumour And they say Footballers are dumb - got nothing on their WAGs

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

all an illusion,bought to you by the vatican to distract you whilst they continue to steal from you as your zoned in on the idiot box believing in
spells and myths theyve cast(with a cast) for your enjoyment & pleasure,enjoy the show did we :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:
a girl missing for 4 days:think::think::think: Shakespeare says 'hello:weary::weary:'... the :devil::devil::devil: is in the detail...just like that other spell youve all been underfor 20 months
:thumbsupv1:

all an illusion,bought to you by the vatican to distract you whilst they continue to steal from you as your zoned in on the idiot box believing in
spells and myths theyve cast(with a cast) for your enjoyment & pleasure,enjoy the show did we :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:
a girl missing for 4 days:think::think::think: Shakespeare says 'hello:weary::weary:'... the :devil::devil::devil: is in the detail...just like that other spell youve all been underfor 20 months
:thumbsupv1:

I tried this in google translate, but no luck...

Last edited:
The true racists are the ones who take a heartwarming story about a missing 4-year-old girl being found after 3 weeks and turn it into 'something' just because she is white. You people are the problem

The true racists are the ones who take a heartwarming story about a missing 4-year-old girl being found after 3 weeks and turn it into 'something' just because she is white. You people are the problem

Whoa, settle down with the racism overtones there buddy. You people indeed.

We have been discussing the inequality of police response to missing aboriginal kids , not deaths in custody :rolleyes:
Another deflection :tearsofjoy:

I was answering a direct question on that matter.

The potential parallel is that while agenda driven activists and journalists push a view on indigenous deaths in custody, the data shows a different set of outcomes. What is not in question is far too many indigenous are in custody in the first place, and that’s where the focus should be, not what happens once in custody.

Is it not conceivable that the same is happening with resources assigned to missing indigenous vs. non-indigenous and the current agenda being pushed?

There is no similar information I could find on missing children and resources assigned to determine that. I suspect the research hasn’t been done.

I have found a familiar pattern though. The same agenda driven sources quote some very simple numbers or statistics with limited context, coupled with some details of very sad individual cases.

I found one ABC article about a missing indigenous child who was found to be murdered. It jumps from a sad case, to broader missing persons numbers, while trying to make a point about effort or resource spent on the search.

The article omitted multiple details found in the coroner’s report, things that didn’t match the agenda. Why were those things ommitted? I could find the information with a google search.

Here is some data on missing children and youth. While it doesn’t show the resource spent to locate the missing person, it does cast more light on some things quoted in articles about rates of indigenous that go missing.

It is difficult to read and interpret, but from what I can tell the percentage of indigenous in care is ~40%, and make up 43.3% of those who go missing from care. There are only 67 in that population so a couple here and there swing the numbers the other way.

That suggests a very similar problem to deaths in custody. It’s the incredibly high proportion of indigenous in a care situation that drives a similarly high percentage of missing people from that population - it is not that indigenous are far more likely to go missing.

That’s the best I can find and is not all missing persons, just youth, and then the only really good comparative data is on those in care, and there is nothing on resources committed to searching or police responsiveness.

If someone has better data then please share. Anything that helps to better understand reality is valued.

The weekend's fatal shark attack on a white man received a lot more coverage than the one three weeks ago on a man apparently of Islander/Aboriginal extraction, which was barely mentioned by mainstream news services. But I guess an attack at a city beach is bigger news than one out on the Reef.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dunno about triggered but I'm sure many 'white' Aussies are sick of being blamed for something that's out of their control.
How can it be something out of their control if they are the dominant race in Australia though? OK, let's just say that 'white' Australians are sick of hearing about this. Who else is going to actually fix it then? Indigenous Australians? African Australians? Indian Australians?

The dominant race is the one that controls the foundations of our society (including the foundations of our media). It's certainly not one of the minority groups. That isn't a conspiracy - that's reality. It's true for basically every country. If there are disparities like this topic facing minority groups (such as Indigenous Australians for example), they NEED white Australians paying attention to it because they simply do not have the power to fix it alone.

Those who are part of the backlash are taking Jesinta's post way too personally in my opinion.

Those who are part of the backlash are taking Jesinta's post way too personally in my opinion.

She probably has a valid point about whether equal coverage would be given, but it was an interesting example that she chose to cite. It happened before she was born so she wouldn’t personally recall the level of publicity given to it. Would’ve thought there would be a comparable kidnapping case more recently if this was a problem that actually required attention. Maybe there is.

The comment was that police custody was "any police interaction in the previous 24 hours", with an example of being stopped on a Friday and then being in a car accident on Saturday.

The PDF you provided define deaths in police custody as either of:
Category 1
Deaths in institutional settings (eg police stations or lock-ups, police vehicles etc.), or in police operations where officers were in close contact with the deceased (eg most raids/ police shootings)

Category 2
Deaths during custody-related police operations, which cover situations where officers did not have such close contact with the person to be able to significantly influence/control the person's behaviour: most sieges, and most cases where officers were attempting to detain a person-for example, a pursuit.

There is no mention of a 24 hour time-limit and it would appear that only specific police interactions (ie: a pursuit, arrest, detainment) would classify as police custody?

She probably has a valid point about whether equal coverage would be given, but it was an interesting example that she chose to cite. It happened before she was born so she wouldn’t personally recall the level of publicity given to it. Would’ve thought there would be a comparable kidnapping case more recently if this was a problem that actually required attention. Maybe there is.
Yeah it would have been more effective if she gave an example she lived through so she could compare it with Cleo Smith’s case first-hand. I still think that her message was fairly general though and not something that was meant to be taken personally, which is what some people have done.

Some also talked about this post being insensitive towards Cleo and her family and I disagree with that completely. I thought she did a good job stressing that it wasn’t meant to detract from the joy they were experiencing.

How can it be something out of their control if they are the dominant race in Australia though? OK, let's just say that 'white' Australians are sick of hearing about this. Who else is going to actually fix it then? Indigenous Australians? African Australians? Indian Australians?

The dominant race is the one that controls the foundations of our society (including the foundations of our media). It's certainly not one of the minority groups. That isn't a conspiracy - that's reality. It's true for basically every country. If there are disparities like this topic facing minority groups (such as Indigenous Australians for example), they NEED white Australians paying attention to it because they simply do not have the power to fix it alone.

Who else is going to fix it? Can I fix it? No. I can play my part - so can you. It depends on the cards your dealt. I guess this comes down to ethics - if you've been dealt good cards in life - you went to private schools and have your sanity - then make ethical decisions. That's all you and I can do - for the bigger picture.

You're living on 'stolen' land - you're benefiting from the system perhaps more, maybe a lot more than me - doesn't matter what race you are - you can help, 'close the gap', by the choices you make moving forward - just don't be an ethical hypocrite, life's very complicated and nuanced. It's not black and white.

The potential parallel is that while agenda driven activists and journalists push a view on indigenous deaths in custody, the data shows a different set of outcomes. What is not in question is far too many indigenous are in custody in the first place, and that’s where the focus should be, not what happens once in custody.

Is it not conceivable that the same is happening with resources assigned to missing indigenous vs. non-indigenous and the current agenda being pushed?

There is no similar information I could find on missing children and resources assigned to determine that. I suspect the research hasn’t been done.

I have found a familiar pattern though. The same agenda driven sources quote some very simple numbers or statistics with limited context, coupled with some details of very sad individual cases.

I found one ABC article about a missing indigenous child who was found to be murdered. It jumps from a sad case, to broader missing persons numbers, while trying to make a point about effort or resource spent on the search.

The article omitted multiple details found in the coroner’s report, things that didn’t match the agenda. Why were those things ommitted? I could find the information with a google search.

Here is some data on missing children and youth. While it doesn’t show the resource spent to locate the missing person, it does cast more light on some things quoted in articles about rates of indigenous that go missing.

It is difficult to read and interpret, but from what I can tell the percentage of indigenous in care is ~40%, and make up 43.3% of those who go missing from care. There are only 67 in that population so a couple here and there swing the numbers the other way.

That suggests a very similar problem to deaths in custody. It’s the incredibly high proportion of indigenous in a care situation that drives a similarly high percentage of missing people from that population - it is not that indigenous are far more likely to go missing.

That’s the best I can find and is not all missing persons, just youth, and then the only really good comparative data is on those in care, and there is nothing on resources committed to searching or police responsiveness.

If someone has better data then please share. Anything that helps to better understand reality is valued.
This explains it, and would make for some uncomfortable reading for @Slartibartfast.
If you were answering someone else’s direct question , why cite me so erroneously?? I have not discussed deaths in custody.
Well in context of our discussion about police inaction on missing aboriginal kids , no it does not make uncomfortable reading. It’s bears no relevance.

For someone who dismissed any details offered then demanded facts , all of a sudden you are now making spurious connections between deaths in custody and police inaction without any connecting data ?? There just would not be.

The missing persons link in out of care homes , although interesting shows nothing regarding police action or inaction on missing children via race.

The reason being it is not information that is available , it is the kind of detail a Royal Commission would come up with and not a Bureau Of Stats or Police department statement .

The only details that can be found are individual anecdotes like the NSW Policeman I cited , with no other formulated details available these have to be taken on board.

Also, the aboriginal communities have had a well documented chequered history when dealing with police forces around Australia which has not made for productive outcomes and is not just the police who have to bear the responsibility for this but the fact remains what Ms. Franklin said bears truth.

Last edited:

Please don't misquote me, the post was pretty clear.

How is that dumb? It is pointing out that we still have racism in Australia and if Cleo was not white perhaps there would not have been the same media coverage or police resources in the case.

which is pretty much bang on....

If you were answering someone else’s direct question , why cite me so erroneously?? I have not discussed deaths in custody.
Well in context of our discussion about police inaction on missing aboriginal kids , no it does not make uncomfortable reading. It’s bears no relevance.

For someone who dismissed any details offered then demanded facts , all of a sudden you are now making spurious connections between deaths in custody and police inaction without any connecting data ?? There just would not be.

The missing persons link in out of care homes , although interesting shows nothing regarding police action or inaction on missing children via race.

The reason being it is not information that is available , it is the kind of detail a Royal Commission would come up with and not a Bureau Of Stats or Police department statement .

The only details that can be found are individual anecdotes like the NSW Policeman I cited , with no other formulated details available these have to be taken on board.

Also, the aboriginal communities have had a well documented chequered history when dealing with police forces around Australia which has not made for productive outcomes and is not just the police who have to bear the responsibility for this but the fact remains what Ms. Franklin said bears truth.

Why did I cite you? I knew you didn’t make comment on deaths in custody, but it’s drawing a parallel of where agenda driven activists effectively lie and ignore data that does exist.

Well done for restating the limitations and logic jumps that I clearly stated I had to make in my content.
Well done on avoiding any comment on the parts that you don’t like.

Cherry picking level is elite.

This is why it is hard to take you seriously, or anyone else who ignores things that may change or challenge their view.

That’s called a bigot.

I am very happy to have my view changed if there is compelling evidence.

Any argument that claims, due to identitity factors you assume about me, I am unable to understand, is racist or any other “ist” you can pick depending on the identity factor you’re choosing.

Requiring compelling evidence to form or change an opinion is scientific and is the opposite of being a “ist”.

If there was a reputable study that had data on police resources spent on missing persons, and it showed an unexplainable difference for indigenous vs. others with similar attributes aside from indigenous statuses, then I would conclude racism is a significant factor driving the decisions being made to generate different outcomes.

If that study existed and showed, like deaths in custody and the very limited missing person data I found, that outcomes for indigenous are very similar to non-indigenous with similar attributes, would you accept racism isn’t a major factor?

Last edited:
WA cops using this as a PR & media campaign to paint themselves as super cops is just disgusting.

These half wits should have solved this within 3 days.

Makes me sick they are now branding themselves as Columbo.

******* idiots.
I don't know who the ******* idiot is in this scenario but I will leave that for you to work out - any police work where a child has been found after being kidnapped is to be commended IMO. Also all this racism talk is sickening - why does racism have to find its way into everything - would this talk be happening if the culprit was white and the child indigenous. Too many chips on the shoulder imo.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back