FTA-TV The Wheel Of Time (WoT) *NO BOOK SPOILERS*

Remove this Banner Ad

Indigenous actress Madeleine Madden who plays one of the star roles in the series:

I’m glad she’s getting some exposure. Whether you like the character or not, her character is the one with the potential to make her an absolute star, if the show takes off that is.

I'm glad they're condensing it. One of the benefits of the medium is that you can ditch hundreds of pages of material describing what people are wearing.

Yeah definitely. It would be stupid to go 1 book = 1 series.

It's one of the huge drawcards of the show for me.... can remove the biggest flaw of the books which was where it dragged out two thirds through the story.

Yeah definitely. It would be stupid to go 1 book = 1 series.

It's one of the huge drawcards of the show for me.... can remove the biggest flaw of the books which was where it dragged out two thirds through the story.
100%. If all goes well I imagine they'll be looking at 7 maybe 8 series. Its very rare for these type of shows to go beyond that. That means they'll have to cut a lot of filler and some stories that don't add significantly to the end game.

Hope the book fanatics are prepared for that.

100%. If all goes well I imagine they'll be looking at 7 maybe 8 series. Its very rare for these type of shows to go beyond that. That means they'll have to cut a lot of filler and some stories that don't add significantly to the end game.

Hope the book fanatics are prepared for that.
I think Judkin’s has said he’s planning for 8 seasons. We’ll see.

As for book fanatics, most wheel of time fans understand that changes are going to be made, one thing that the wheel of time fans seem to agree on is that there are certain storyline’s that probably are going to get shortened or changed, of course there are some changes they’re not sure of, it’s the way of any adaptation, however the majority seem to be cautiously optimistic.

It seems to be getting really mixed reviews.

Fans who saw it on Monday/Tuesday seem to love it, however they all seem to have the same issue with it, pacing, otherwise they love it.

‘Serious’ critics hate it and keep comparing it to GoT which I guess is understandable, I suppose, never mind the two series don’t really have much in common.

‘Nerd’ media seems to enjoy it. I think this one is going to be another split down the middle with critics panning it but general audience enjoying it.

Well we’ll find out in about 10 hours how the first three episodes go over with the general audience. I’m looking forward to it, I’ll be putting it on as soon as I get home this afternoon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've seen some reviews suggesting the show "rethinks gender binaries", which sounds mildly annoying, particularly as those binaries are quite central to many of the series' constructs.

But it's 2021 so we can't have them.

I wonder if they're going to make one of the female characters "the real hero".

It should be unnecessary when the source material already features an all-powerful matriarchy that manipulates events behind the scenes.

Just finished the first episode, there is some changes in the first episode, some I liked, some I didn’t, overall however it feels like The Wheel of Time for me. If this is the worst episode of Season 1, then we’ve got nothing to worry about IMO.

On to episode 2 now! :)

Also those people curious about the lore, who haven’t read the books, check out the x-Ray option while watching on Amazon Prime, there’s some animated shorts that explain what happens before the events of The wheel of Time, a new origin short unlocks with each episode. I just watched episode 1, and it’s not bad and it looks like they’re being very careful not to show spoilers for future episodes of The Wheel of Time.

Last edited:
So I just finished the first three episodes.

There are changes, some I like, some I don’t like, but overall I enjoyed it, the actors feel like their characters, there is some pacing issues, however I think that’s got to be expected with something as large as The wheel of Time and the series did get better as it went along.

I will be watching episode 4 next Friday when I get home from work, especially with how episode 3 ended, can’t wait to see how they go with that character.

So I just finished the first three episodes.

There are changes, some I like, some I don’t like, but overall I enjoyed it, the actors feel like their characters, there is some pacing issues, however I think that’s got to be expected with something as large as The wheel of Time and the series did get better as it went along.

I will be watching episode 4 next Friday when I get home from work, especially with how episode 3 ended, can’t wait to see how they go with that character.

Haven't read the books, but am meaning to, so watching it will be completely fresh. I've been thinking of holding off a few weeks so there's more than 3 eps to watch, and your comment indicates that I'd prefer not to wait a week for episode 4. I'm not a fan of this release model with Prime; they did the same thing with I Know What You Did Last Summer, only to have me wait for that ending...(I'm expecting WOT to be far superior in every aspect, though).

Haven't read the books, but am meaning to, so watching it will be completely fresh. I've been thinking of holding off a few weeks so there's more than 3 eps to watch, and your comment indicates that I'd prefer not to wait a week for episode 4. I'm not a fan of this release model with Prime; they did the same thing with I Know What You Did Last Summer, only to have me wait for that ending...(I'm expecting WOT to be far superior in every aspect, though).
Without spoilers, the first three episodes work well together. I think a lot of what has me excited for episode 4, is that I know who the episode is focused on, one of my favourite characters. However if you don’t like waiting week to week, there’s only 5 more episodes to be released now as the season is 8 episodes long. :)

I've seen some reviews suggesting the show "rethinks gender binaries", which sounds mildly annoying, particularly as those binaries are quite central to many of the series' constructs.

But it's 2021 so we can't have them.

I wonder if they're going to make one of the female characters "the real hero".

It should be unnecessary when the source material already features an all-powerful matriarchy that manipulates events behind the scenes.

If they include all the gender humour in the series there will be a lot of annoying buzzfeed articles written

Remove this Banner Ad

Back