Cancelled
Sep 21, 2021
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
No other team, no other sport
Sliding doors moment.

Leo Barry off to Carlton in 2000 in exchange for Aaron Hamill. :oops:

Deal apparently done, but at the last minute Saints offered more dollars to Hamill and the rest as they say is history.

Glad he stayed;

View attachment 1270487

:)

PS As a side note;

Leo Barry and Paul Williams or Aaron Hamill. :think:

Yep fairly happy.
But if it was Mark Hamill, fair trade no ?

Tesla Tenet

Premiership Player
Apr 13, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Unsure if correct but would be huge for the old Black Diamond League.
887cae27bc42c33cecbbf826b1e014f9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Tony Armstrong interviews Adam Goodes and Ellie Laing, the authors of children's book "Somebody's Land" this morning on ABC breakfast:

Oct 14, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney

Interview with Shaun Burgoyne about his new book 'Silk' and discussion regarding Adam Goodes.

There were a hell of a lot of people who let down Adam far more than Shaun Burgoyne.
It's a shame that so often it has to be indigenous players standing up for their own.

The AFL, AFLPA, clubs and the media bear responsibility for what Goodes suffered, as well as the individuals in the stands.

He was the catalyst for some change but I can't help but feel too often there remains the attitude of former Collingwood President, Alan McAlister;

Said in response to Nicky Winmar's iconic jumper lift in 1993.

The more things change..............

Wow! I hadn't heard that quote before. I was reading through thinking this is some quote from an old school nuffy in the 50's or 60's but it was only 30 years ago. Proves just how far Australia still has to go

Thanks for posting, fully agree re where the blame really lies. Racism is the issue of the perp

Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
Unsure if correct but would be huge for the old Black Diamond League.
887cae27bc42c33cecbbf826b1e014f9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Great get, Tesla!! Really good to hear that ex-players are playing in the lower leagues much like they do in stronger ALF states.

In regard to Birdie & Kizza playing in the Black Diamond league the upgraded Newcastle Showground will get some crowds for sure.

dosser

Club Legend
Sep 15, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Happy 83rd to Robert Skilton
Bedders, an honest question for you. I never saw Skilton play so I am coming from a point of ignorance, but I have seen a bit of him on old footage from time to time, so forgive me for what I am about to say.

When I compare him to Kelly, Skilton seems to be more solid with a lower centre of gravity. I'd say that with a more wiry frame, Kelly looks faster and I'm pretty sure that Kelly would outmark him overhead. However, some of Skilton's stab passing must be seen to be believed! Would I be correct in saying:

Overhead Marking - Kelly
Pace - Kelly
Footskills - Skilton
Courage - Draw

What else did Skilton excel at that would have us drooling today?

Oct 29, 2007
Lake Oval
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMFC. PMFC,OAFC
Bedders, an honest question for you. I never saw Skilton play so I am coming from a point of ignorance, but I have seen a bit of him on old footage from time to time, so forgive me for what I am about to say.

When I compare him to Kelly, Skilton seems to be more solid with a lower centre of gravity. I'd say that with a more wiry frame, Kelly looks faster and I'm pretty sure that Kelly would outmark him overhead. However, some of Skilton's stab passing must be seen to be believed! Would I be correct in saying:

Overhead Marking - Kelly
Pace - Kelly
Footskills - Skilton
Courage - Draw

What else did Skilton excel at that would have us drooling today?
Marking , Pace agree . Foot skills not even in the same league. Courage i can't split them , but Bobby was South and was targeted constantly and kept getting back up , they tried to kill him.
Really can't compare them , both great leaders of our club.

Kiama Chris

Norm Smith Medallist
May 10, 2016
Kiama
AFL Club
Sydney
Marking , Pace agree . Foot skills not even in the same league. Courage i can't split them , but Bobby was South and was targeted constantly and kept getting back up , they tried to kill him.
Really can't compare them , both great leaders of our club.
No need to compare champions.
Good to discuss what makes them champions, what creates the buzz.
Something funny. Watching the clip I was hugely struck by Bobby's snappy short stepping footwork. Enabled him to dance away from danger. Not in the same class of course but Wicks steps in a similar fashion. Check it out.
The outstanding thing about both those guys - their humility. Nothing to prove.

Oct 29, 2007
Lake Oval
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMFC. PMFC,OAFC
No need to compare champions.
Good to discuss what makes them champions, what creates the buzz.
Something funny. Watching the clip I was hugely struck by Bobby's snappy short stepping footwork. Enabled him to dance away from danger. Not in the same class of course but Wicks steps in a similar fashion. Check it out.
The outstanding thing about both those guys - their humility. Nothing to prove.
Agree can't really compare ,but lucky enough to see both . And good to see the great Peter Bedford as well .

Back