Oppo Camp The Non-North Footy Discussion & Matchday Chat Thread (NNFD&MCT) VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s a new condition of employment.
Yep let him play ammos.

considering the increased level of danger people who sweat and roll around on the grass together face in my mind it’s perfectly reasonable to protect all participants.

Not sure. Think he's using that fact that he has already had covid and therefore doesn't need to be vaccinated

He was using the ‘I’m immunized’ position despite the fact he was using horse de wormer instead of being vaccinated.

He lied.

Pretty large dollop of ‘let’s get this waste of money off the list’ in those comments, but yeah he’d have to be crazy to give them the excuse to give him the arse.
Surely that amount stays on the cap though

I know it is and I am saying I believe there is something morally/ethically wrong with it.
It’s certainly a debate worth having, I’d argue protecting the league players and community at large is reasons for requirements such as this.

Yeah. I dont think they accept that, wrightly or wrongly
Considering there has been cases of people getting it twice I’d say it’s not but then again who’s to say the second dose is less severe.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyway, we’re getting off topic. Carlton is to be mocked right now. My most despised club.
Me too I am neutral to * I despise Carlton

Is it morally and ethically wrong for any of the other required inoculations in particular industries?
Yes, there are moral and ethical considerations to consider for other inoculations for specific industries. I am in favour for inoculations for those industries and even for COVID, but I just think we just should think about the moral and ethical implications of mandates/termination at some point. A tiny, but not insignificant, percentage of people don't want to take vaccines. That is something we are going to have to deal with.

It’s certainly a debate worth having, I’d argue protecting the league players and community at large is reasons for requirements such as this.
Not even so much a debate. As long as the ethical and moral stuff is considered at some point, then that's fine by me.

Liam Jones name was brought up on the rumours board.
I wouldn’t think he was one to do that, he was in my class and didn’t give off that sort of indication.

Not even so much a debate. As long as the ethical and moral stuff is considered at some point, then that's fine by me.
I mean taking it on face value I’d guess contact sport would seem to be a high risk occupation due to the physical proximity and sweat etc flying around, on that level taking advice that vax is the best protect against the spread I think is pretty reasonable particularly considering the implications to the public, league and clubs if an outbreak occured

I prolly h8 wce most.
I’m not one end of the scale or the other with them. The wife likes them so I can’t go to hard

I know it is and I am saying I believe there is something morally/ethically wrong with it.
Maybe, but if you're going to make it an argument of morals; it's just as easy to say that an individual choosing to not get the vaccine is immoral and unethical due to the potentially severe negative impacts on society as a whole. And which is more important, the impact on an individual, or on a collective?

In any case, kids require certain vaccines to go to childcare and school. Healthcare workers have been required to get other vaccines for yonks. My sister was required to get the flu vax when she worked at Kmart. You don't have to get it, but there are consequences for not doing so (termination of employment), just like with anything else. I'm sure that some people think they're being oppressed when they're forced to drive at or under the speed limit, but given that that law improves both their, and other driver's safety, I'd happily tell them to get in the bin with such arguments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back