Phantom Draft ECE 2021 Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Top 60 is in, I considered not going this far as this will be the tipping point between the main draft and rookie draft in my opinion.

Almost zero chance we add a forward/ruck before a mid with our first.

We’ve already got 4 key forwards on the list under 23 and two ruckman under 24.

Mcdonald is a hack, Brown is 29, Weideman is horrendous, Jackson is a ruck.
33 goals for the year, carried the load until Brown returned in round 17 fwiw....and he is a real goer, sometimes we cant see the bigger picture, r u really rating Tom that harshly?
Perhaps he's a great cog in a premiership team not a hack?

33 goals for the year, carried the load until Brown returned in round 17 fwiw....and he is a real goer, sometimes we cant see the bigger picture, r u really rating Tom that harshly?
Perhaps he's a great cog in a premiership team not a hack?

He started the year well but he kicked 0.9 goals per game in the last 11 games. That's pathetic for a guy that's playing for a top team with the best midfield in the league. He looked slow again, and offered no defensive pressure. I'd prefer to give someone else a go, even Mitch Brown.

He started the year well but he kicked 0.9 goals per game in the last 11 games. That's pathetic for a guy that's playing for a top team with the best midfield in the league. He looked slow again, and offered no defensive pressure. I'd prefer to give someone else a go, even Mitch Brown.
Any evidence of no defensive pressure and his first 17 games don't count? Might have to agree to disagree.

Any evidence of no defensive pressure and his first 17 games don't count? Might have to agree to disagree.

Recent form I value more than old form. and 11 weeks is a big enough sample size for a guy reaching his age. Evidence is based on the fact that it's almost impossible to apply defensive pressure if you're slow and Mdonald looked incredibly sluggish the last 3 months of the year. Did you not notice this and his lack of output?

Recent form I value more than old form. and 11 weeks is a big enough sample size for a guy reaching his age. Evidence is based on the fact that it's almost impossible to apply defensive pressure if you're slow and Mdonald looked incredibly sluggish the last 3 months of the year. Did you not notice this and his lack of output?
Nah, disagree he's never been super quick but always competitive and dangerous, he was clearly an important part of the team success and whilst I noticed he wasn't in career best form in the finals but he still played well, I doubt his coaches agree with you either.

I went down to Sandringham today to have a look, saw the Vic Metro finishing up so mainly saw the Vic Country lads.

Hobbs looked a cut above the rest, he was on. Great on both feet and was hitting the footy hard.

Rachele just looked silky, you can see the class difference with someone like him and the others.

Mac Andrew is just a freak athlete, he'll be a very good player.

Knevitt and Chesser also looked pretty good out there.

All the recruiters were there, but I'd say they weren't watching eagerly. Maybe just reaffirming their already made decisions.

Updated with top 60 now: although only real changes are in the top 40 from my original!

1637634796038.png

Attachments

• 1637542836492.png
    1637542836492.png
    103 KB · Views: 260
  • 1637554996227.png
    1637554996227.png
    113.9 KB · Views: 217
  • 1637627952250.png
    1637627952250.png
    263.9 KB · Views: 29
  • 1637627988168.png
    1637627988168.png
    254.3 KB · Views: 29
  • 1637628074554.png
    1637628074554.png
    255.6 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
I’m not sure Draper makes sense from a Lions prospective
I liked him there, as I think he's so versatile. Can play forward, mid and Defence and so thought he could be someone the Lions use where ever needed.

I'll post the next 20 tomorrow, I've gone half back with your other selection!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I liked him there, as I think he's so versatile. Can play forward, mid and Defence and so thought he could be someone the Lions use where ever needed.

I'll post the next 20 tomorrow, I've gone half back with your other selection!
I feel he’s more the Sydney type player we have Rayner and Starz who are capable of already being Draper

I feel he’s more the Sydney type player we have Rayner and Starz who are capable of already being Draper
Yeah, I can't disagree with that. Draper is a very Sydney type player and Chesser was the other I was thinking for the Lions - outside speed, skill and good ball use.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back